Suomi-Sarja Final 2016

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
IPK from Iisalmi and Imatra are in the final. Winner is elevated to Mestis without playoffs.

I was there and the atmosphere in Suomi-Sarja is great in playoffs, better than Liiga games I have attended in long time. Would do really good for Savo hockey system to get mestis team so close to KalPa. I hope for straight win for mestis, but there is also chance to win best of 7 series against worst mestis team for the team that loses finals.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
And good for Saipa if Ketterä wins, everyone is not kalakukkoja after all. They play only one game, that sucks.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
And good for Saipa if Ketterä wins, everyone is not kalakukkoja after all. They play only one game, that sucks.

They don't have close enough farm team yet?

At least the one loses that 1 game final will get to play best of 7 series against mestis jumbo.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
I lost bit of interest when Koovee didn´t even make it to playoffs. IPK is interesting team. Not many players that I´m familiar.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
They don't have close enough farm team yet?

At least the one loses that 1 game final will get to play best of 7 series against mestis jumbo.

I don´t watch so closely Saipa but i know Imatra is right next from lappeenranta, players could go by bike there. :) SaPko isn´t very far i guess.
It´s kinda lottery when they play only one game, everyone know that in one game anything is possible, but in best of seven better wins. And it´s hard to for both these teams beat mestis jumbo in best of seven.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Ipk wins it! Wooohooooooo

logo_header_small.png

http://www.savonsanomat.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko/IPK-Mestikseen/744082

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Economical problems seem to be solved, Local companies Ponsse and Olvi have said that they will fund the Mestis playing. They already actually fund KalPa, so why not their own town team.

There is also at least Genelec and Profile Vehicles based in Iisalmi in addition to those two sponsors, so getting the team built and arena fixed shouldn't become a problem after all. Looks like KalPa-IPK tandem can start to work and produce better players from Savo. KalPa u20 juniors can get a shot in mens game in Mestis, before dropping them to Lyga. They can make few 2way deals to KalPa and help IPK if they are in danger to drop to Suomi-Sarja. Or just loan without a 2way, not sure how it works.

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
What do you mean? No team can play mestis or Liiga without big sponsor deals.
Well... drinking alcohol and driving heavy machines... they don't usually make a mix that will lead to anything pretty.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Well... drinking alcohol and driving heavy machines... they don't usually make a mix that will lead to anything pretty.

Well well well, am I missing something? I guess I am. And I cannot even counter con anything genuinely funny:

Drinking alcohol and drinking milk.. they don't usually mix that well leading to anything prettier than something like a Belarusian. :help:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Well well well, am I missing something?
Never mind. It wasn't such a clever quip to begin with. I just started to think what kind of marketing segment might be interested in beer and forestry vehicles. Especially if they are to be used in conjunction.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Never mind. It wasn't such a clever quip to begin with. I just started to think what kind of marketing segment might be interested in beer and forestry vehicles. Especially if they are to be used in conjunction.

They just want to fund the local team, and local team needs money. Though beer should sell well for sports fans.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
They just want to fund the local team, and local team needs money. Though beer should sell well for sports fans.
Yeah, I get that. I know how sponsoring works. And that the firms doing the sponsoring don't certainly consider everyone visiting the rink will become their customers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->