27. :hawks Jonny Tychonick - LHD

28. :rangers Mattias Samuelsson - LHD

29. :bluesIsac Lundestrom - C

30. :wings Martin Kaut - RW

31. :caps Nicolas Beaudin - LHD

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2003
KW
Not sure if the Yotes would pass on Zadina, Wahlstrom, Hughes, and Bouchard to take a center. Only reason Kotkaniemi would be taken in the Top 5 is if Montreal takes him imo.

Bobby Mac has him at #5, which is based on surveying several scouts, it's no longer a reach in the top 5.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
^sure but as far as need goes, unless Montreal trades down a bit, Kotkaniemi will be a Hab and my hats off to them if they do to have the guts to go against the BPA and take for need! With apologies to the so called "purists", there's nothing wrong with taking for need in this situation when players are so closely similar in talent. o_O

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
^sure but as far as need goes, unless Montreal trades down a bit, Kotkaniemi will be a Hab and my hats off to them if they do to have the guts to go against the BPA and take for need! With apologies to the so called "purists", there's nothing wrong with taking for need in this situation when players are so closely similar in talent. o_O

I agree with you there, I think if there's some teams in the top 10 picks that don't absolutely need a certain position, they will be looking to see how much they could get back to go down a few spots. And still get a player within the top 10.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

What does BPA mean anyhow? Is it best player available? Shouldn't it be best prospect available? Doesn't positional value play a role in determining who the best prospect available is? Centers and defenseman are worth a lot more than wingers (save for generational talents like Ovechkin) and that's why I have Zadina dropping to 7. I think Dobson is the 3rd best prospect in this draft. I think MTL will see that too. Playoffs improved his stock big time. From a positional viewpoint, they don't have projected top pairing prospects, and I'm not optimistic about Weber's longevity.

Funny thing here on HF we love to talk out of both sides of our mouth.

HF: You don't draft for need stupid!

then

HF: Nobody trades a number one d or c, you have to draft them, delusional leaf fans!

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad