Sunday July 1st: Hawks Sign ? (holy necrobump, Batman!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
7 years and 99,999 posts later

I certainly dont want Handzus back now :laugh:

Decided for my 100k post I would track down my 1st post :)

Figured 3rd person to cross 100k on HF would be enough to bend the no bump rule ,, Just once

7 years later ,, How pleased would you be Disgruntled?

Congrats on 100k posts.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
And, the timing for your anniversary post couldn't be any better. July 1st, 2C, heck, probably the same response from said first post: Hawks will sit back and watch the trade boards.

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
Every year I have high hopes for free agency and have tuned in since I can remember. Back in 2007 I actually remember being mad that we lost Zeus. His hair alone had me a believer. Unfortunately, it would appear we will still do nothing this July 1st to adress some issues. Even with that said I can't complain about our recent success and have nothing but confidence in the current Hawks admin to make the proper choices.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don't know whether to congratulate or feel sorry for him for that post count.

Its not really that many posts over that long of a time period. It wouldn't take up much of your day each day. What is impressive is that he maintained that interest for so many years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its not really that many posts over that long of a time period. It wouldn't take up much of your day each day. What is impressive is that he maintained that interest for so many years.

Good point

My post rate is 40 a day average

Trance for instance has a 52 a day average

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I think the Hawks make the move and sign Statsny. It's a move that this Hawks team needs to make regardless of how close they came this year.

Statsnys played for Q before and gelled, Statsny would be playing with Kane and Saad where both of those guys could get 30+ goals maybe 40 for Kane with a bonafide playmaker.

Statsny of course can't be getting 7/8 million and we need to move guys after its done.

Bickell, Leddy, Versteeg, Rosy even if it has to be Sharp especially since Sharps value is hot right now. He had a bad PO but his regular season was fantastic. We could get some nice pieces for Sharpy if need be.

Ducks, Kings all looking huge down the middle right now. Hawks need to be as well.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think the Hawks make the move and sign Statsny. It's a move that this Hawks team needs to make regardless of how close they came this year.

Statsnys played for Q before and gelled, Statsny would be playing with Kane and Saad where both of those guys could get 30+ goals maybe 40 for Kane with a bonafide playmaker.

Statsny of course can't be getting 7/8 million and we need to move guys after its done.

Bickell, Leddy, Versteeg, Rosy even if it has to be Sharp especially since Sharps value is hot right now. He had a bad PO but his regular season was fantastic. We could get some nice pieces for Sharpy if need be.

Ducks, Kings all looking huge down the middle right now. Hawks need to be as well.

If we were going to do this, we should have already moved out more salary. I'm really concerned about the possibility of Bowman being blackballed if he goes all the way to 10% over the cap. Even still, at the end of the day, somebody would still step up and offer a 3rd or 4th for guys like BB and Oduya...I hope so anyway.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I think they move Roszival out and bring back Brookbank for about half the cap hit. That'd put them about $500,000 under the cap with a 22 man roster. I could see them possibly moving Versteeg out and either replacing him with a prospect or a cheap vet for around 1-1.5 mil.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
If we were going to do this, we should have already moved out more salary. I'm really concerned about the possibility of Bowman being blackballed if he goes all the way to 10% over the cap. Even still, at the end of the day, somebody would still step up and offer a 3rd or 4th for guys like BB and Oduya...I hope so anyway.

It's a possibility Bowman loses some bargaining power if he's over and in a cap crunch but if you whiff on Statsny come July 1st then we've moved out guys for nothing.

Bickell, Versteeg should probably be gone regardless but if FA is swing and a miss then might as well keep them until we can cook up a trade. Nhl calibre #2C is something the Hawks NEED to lock in on going into next year.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

They can't go close to 10% over anymore, all the RFAs signed their extensions so that ship sailed. They don't have enough money on the contracts that qualify for the summer overage allowance.

Nothingman*

I don't have that much to say :) And remember that is an average per day. Go on vacation you log on and post? Hell no. Travel for work and post? Hell no. Have a life on the weekend every once in a while? Hell yes!

I am at 7.5 per day. I am a slacker. But then.....I am also busy a lot offline traveling, working, competitive shooting, birding. Things you cannot do online.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They can't go close to 10% over anymore, all the RFAs signed their extensions so that ship sailed. They don't have enough money on the contracts that qualify for the summer overage allowance.

So can we go over at all or just a little bit? A lot of articles imply we can still go over, not that it matters, people publish misinformation all of the time.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
(B) Nevertheless, in order to ensure that Clubs may have sufficient
time and flexibility to plan their rosters during the off-season, the
Upper Limit shall be temporarily raised by ten (10) percent to
permit Clubs additional flexibility with their Averaged Club
Salaries during the period from July 1 until and including the last
day of Training Camp. On the day following the last day of
Training Camp, the Upper Limit shall again be lowered to the level
as calculated in Section 50.5(b), and all Clubs must once again be
in compliance with the Upper Limit from the day following the last
day of Training Camp until and including June 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad