Pre-Game Talk: Sunday guaranteed: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Any word on who Toronto is planning to start in net tomorrow? I know Campbell has been a bit rough the last few appearances.
All 3
upload_2021-4-17_15-40-48.jpeg

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Thank God that #1 unit is back.

And they better stay together even if they don't hit off right away.

As for the lines....huge and exciting chance for Robertson. He's been legit good the last 2gms and deserves this.

I don't think Spezza will work out at center, but I don't mind Engvall getting a kick in the pants either. It's also a bit of a Last Chance thing for the old guys....when Foligno enters the picture even benching Engvall won't save all of them.
“ I don't mind Engvall getting a kick in the pants”

upload_2021-4-17_15-49-8.jpeg

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Seems a few key guys are still hurting.

Zero excuses and they're going to be gassed. Do not take it easy on them still.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Also eh uh, a 100% guaranteed win for US :clap: They are covid beaten, not played, not trained, not ready, weight loss (hughes), covid, others (like the Lost others)... we WON!! This gezame is already over and hasn't even started. This is the ONLY game this season where this is truzue. We WILL WIN THIS GAME AND GET 2 IMPORTANT POINTS: The other team, is not ready to even play. They will make mistakes, be poor, and lose. It's not only their own fault, but other thangs too. Lets see what the score will be. I predict: A 8-1 win for the maple leafs.
When someone says guaranteed win I get flashbacks to being beaten by a zamboni driver...

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Gonna be a tough game for the Leafs.

Canucks are gonna be rested and ready and the covid break may be more a boon than a curse for them.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Robby in the top 6 is pretty awesome and very well deserved

Finally some good lines. He also stacked the PP unit. He shouldn't touch it now.

Why it took so long to go back to it?
Whether it's Manny changing or Keefe taking control, it needs to stay like this.

FINALLY! Robertson given a chance in the top 6 & Manny loads up PP1 with Nylander at netfront; only thing else I'd like to see is Robby on PP2 but this is good enough.

Why are we burning a year of Robby? Makes no sense.
Keeping that extra 3rd year of ELC would be a nice luxury but the team is trying to win now and the kid can play; they also owe him a chance considering what he did this offseason & the fact that he's playing really well. If they're going to play him, I like that they're at least giving him a shot in the top 6 rather than 4th line minutes; if they were burning his ELC by giving him 8 minutes a night, I wouldn't be happy about that (unless it's the playoffs; gotta do whatever you can to win).

Keep in mind he still has 2 games remaining after this one.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Will the "get off the ledge" guys get on the ledge if the Leafs lose this one?

Dallas Stars after basically their whole team tested for Covid and they started the season late:

7-0 win over the Preds and the start of a 4 game win streak.

Post covid period was the highlight of their season.

Reactions: CocoaDrink

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I don't like having Engvall & Kerfoot at center without draw support on the wing, seeing as they've both been pretty brutal on draws.

Galchenyuk - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Foligno - Hyman
Simmonds - Kerfoot - Spezza

If Robertson excels I'd like to see them run this ^; otherwise:

Galchenyuk - Matthews - Marner
Hyman/Foligno - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Nash - Foligno/Hyman
Simmonds - Kerfoot - Spezza

Top 6 wingers are pretty interchangeable.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Back from the road and "I met somebody".

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the actual words, but aren't we supposed to be trying to avoid "meeting" anyone?

Everybody knows what Willy means and NOBODY begrudges him.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I think Robertson was always in the plans this year, injury just set him back.

I hope he sticks and excels. Burning a year means nothing compared to another good top 9 forward for a run this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad