Pre-Game Talk: Sunday guaranteed: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Nucks haven't played in how long and don't want to be here , this should be a blowout and then we can all rejoice and proclaim the train is back on the tracks .

Reactions: egd27

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wait! What? A fan movement is now responsible for the product on the ice? I thought the GM and coaching staff were in charge of that. I stand corrected.
When even a hard core Dubite has lost faith in the GM all is lost. You read a lot of stupid things on this board but that one ranks pretty high.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Sorry if it's been asked, but was there always a game on Sunday? Or did they move today's PPD game to tomorrow instead?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I can guarantee a Leafs win , yes thats right I have a secret technique that has worked 100% of the time . All I have to do is bet $200 or more on Vancouver and the Leafs will win . So if everybody here wants to send me a contribution I will place that bet in my name and the Leafs will win , I have never hit a big underdog bet in my life . Conversely if I bet the Leafs that underdog will win so as you can see I stay away from betting on hockey for good reason .

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If this team cannot come out of that game with a win, and a fairly easy one at that, I am not sure what to say.

It seems the Canuck players, some of them anyway, aren't all that keen in playing, period. Some of them have only skated a few times, and they were (sadly) hit hard with this effiin Covid shit.

Any team serious about contending for a cup (or winning their division) has to have some sense of a killer instinct. We saw a couple fleeting moments earlier in the season, and if we don't see it in this game, then I'd say that was an aberration, nothing to see here, move on, this team doesn't have it.

I don't know what to expect at this point, but it would be something to come out of this one with a loss.

Beyond that, biggest question for me is who starts in goal? If I were coaching it would be Rittich.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nucks haven't played in how long and don't want to be here , this should be a blowout and then we can all rejoice and proclaim the train is back on the tracks .
It will be a competitive game. Almost all of them are.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If this team cannot come out of that game with a win, and a fairly easy one at that, I am not sure what to say.

It seems the Canuck players, some of them anyway, aren't all that keen in playing, period. Some of them have only skated a few times, and they were (sadly) hit hard with this effiin Covid shit.

Any team serious about contending for a cup (or winning their division) has to have some sense of a killer instinct. We saw a couple fleeting moments earlier in the season, and if we don't see it in this game, then I'd say that was an aberration, nothing to see here, move on, this team doesn't have it.

I don't know what to expect at this point, but it would be something to come out of this one with a loss.

Beyond that, biggest question for me is who starts in goal? If I were coaching it would be Rittich.
Not me, But would be starting Campbell.

Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Not a chance they give up on Campbell that quickly, nor should they.

Reactions: wingman75

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It will be a competitive game. Almost all of them are.
how should it competitive ?

-they haven't played in a while
-probably haven't practiced either or maybe just got one or two in before they resume there season
-many of their players were dealing with a serious illness according to reports
-hell JT Miller already has questioned why they should resume playing which is a opinion probably shared by many of his teammates

so i don't see a reason to downplay how we should blow them out just in case we don't show up

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Some of these players might not be recovered for months and some might have forever issues. Seems too early to me for them to be playing. I think Leafs will cut them some slack and not run up the score.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
It would be great to have a team selected by the fans, just use the GM to keep within the rules. In this day and age it's possible, the only real problem would be secrecy as everyone would know what we are doing. The majority in an audience setting is seldom wrong.
Maybe the coming of the Singularity will not be completely dystopian. At least we can still be Leaf fans.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Also eh uh, a 100% guaranteed win for US :clap: They are covid beaten, not played, not trained, not ready, weight loss (hughes), covid, others (like the Lost others)... we WON!! This gezame is already over and hasn't even started. This is the ONLY game this season where this is truzue. We WILL WIN THIS GAME AND GET 2 IMPORTANT POINTS: The other team, is not ready to even play. They will make mistakes, be poor, and lose. It's not only their own fault, but other thangs too. Lets see what the score will be. I predict: A 8-1 win for the maple leafs.
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. This Leafs team plays one of two ways: world beaters at times, and couldn’t beat the Marlies at other times.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Realistically;

what a fragile psyche our Leafs have-the utterly embarrassing power play is an anvil around their neck and affects everything. They need to fire Malhotra yesterday (regardless if it’s his fault). The media circus has to become “they are__for___” since the change. That restart button has to come first, now

and Jack Campbell’s warts are showing, players must be thinking “hmmm, he’s always been a backup?”

What a double whammy! Buckle up
As far as Malhotra goes, I never did understand that hiring. He was known more for his defence. Maybe the person who hired him should be fired.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
As far as Malhotra goes, I never did understand that hiring. He was known more for his defence. Maybe the person who hired him should be fired.
It might be a friend/fellow/comrads kind of thang sire. Its also often all bout them connections. If a sucka knows somebody hard, he finna get him hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad