Pre-Game Talk: Sunday guaranteed: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
God we need a pissed off hockey team, an anger born of the reticule of their power play. Nothing less

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I hope to good this game ends in a blowout for us. The perfect confidence builder, the type to get the pp rolling again.......but it can also be a remake of the David Ayers zamboni game. One the leafs should easily win but just find a way to f*** it right up. Here's hoping for the latter.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
If this team without Matthews looks as lost as it did Thursday we are in trouble. If the likes of Tavares, Marner and co. need Matthews --- then my friend we haven't assembled a team. We have assembled a one man team and god help us.

Reactions: Cynical

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Realistically;

what a fragile psyche our Leafs have-the utterly embarrassing power play is an anvil around their neck and affects everything. They need to fire Malhotra yesterday (regardless if it’s his fault). The media circus has to become “they are__for___” since the change. That restart button has to come first, now

and Jack Campbell’s warts are showing, players must be thinking “hmmm, he’s always been a backup?”

What a double whammy! Buckle up
Wait, wasn't the fans movement of "grit and toughness" supposed to solve this issue of fragility. Were those gritty toughness fans wrong?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Enjoy the ride. Leafs are getting out of the North. Won’t be easy.

Last edited:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Well we are playing a team that doesn’t want to even play anymore, and the majority of their team has been infected with a deadly virus. So all the makings for a patented leafs meltdown. Can’t wait

pessimism aside. We absolutely have to shatter them in this game. Realistically there should be no excuses not to win big here

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
If this team without Matthews looks as lost as it did Thursday we are in trouble. If the likes of Tavares, Marner and co. need Matthews --- then my friend we haven't assembled a team. We have assembled a one man team and god help us.
We looked dynamite in the other games 34 missed. Let’s back it up a bit here

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Wait! What? A fan movement is now responsible for the product on the ice? I thought the GM and coaching staff were in charge of that. I stand corrected.

There are an awful lot of HFBoards posters who think fans are lot more important than they actually are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaftors

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Jinx thread.

Hurry somebody make an offering to the hockey gods...maybe a nice rum or tequila.
Say no more
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Marshy

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I feel really bad for Vancouver.

That said, I expect the Leafs to absolutely blow this team out of the water, and if this doesn't get them out of their power-play funk I don't know what will.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Wait! What? A fan movement is now responsible for the product on the ice? I thought the GM and coaching staff were in charge of that. I stand corrected.
It would be great to have a team selected by the fans, just use the GM to keep within the rules. In this day and age it's possible, the only real problem would be secrecy as everyone would know what we are doing. The majority in an audience setting is seldom wrong.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Also eh uh, a 100% guaranteed win for US :clap: They are covid beaten, not played, not trained, not ready, weight loss (hughes), covid, others (like the Lost others)... we WON!! This gezame is already over and hasn't even started. This is the ONLY game this season where this is truzue. We WILL WIN THIS GAME AND GET 2 IMPORTANT POINTS: The other team, is not ready to even play. They will make mistakes, be poor, and lose. It's not only their own fault, but other thangs too. Lets see what the score will be. I predict: A 8-1 win for the maple leafs.
Shouldn’t the David Ayers game have been a 100% guaranteed win? The 5-1 lead over Ottawa? The 4-1 lead over Boston in game 7. What you see as a guarantee, I see as another potential embarrassment.

Reactions: Vaive50

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Jack needs to battle through the 'slump' and play well in this one. I'm sure he will. Fingers crossed the rest of the team shows up.

On paper this should be a big W, with or without Auston/Willy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad