Sunday Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
espion said:
player salaries are a big chunk (over 70%) of these expenses.

One more time: player salaries do not constitute more than 70% of league revenue, let alone expenses.

Total payrolls in 2003-04 for all 30 teams amounted to $1.33bn (source). If we take the widely circulated figure of $2.1bn as total league revenue, payrolls come to 63% of that.

If you are talking player expenses, that's another can of worms that's not too easy to define or agree upon. Which goes a long way to explain why this whole linkage issue is such a tough sell.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Luc Labelle said:
This gem from Larry Brooks, the NHLPA shill.

So it is confirmed, he is an absolute moron. This guy can't see that cancelling an entire season would not hurt the business going forward. Wow! That is the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
You stole the words right from my mouth.I honestly don't know how this guy gets published.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
ArtG said:
not if they have linkage..

if revenue and salaries are linked the league would never lose money..

False

There are other costs beside player salaries and affect profitability

True but

Individual teams could still easily lose money.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Jaded-Fan said:
I am sure of the same thing. May even prove to be an incentive to renew. For instance, a letter saying that replacement games, if necessary, would be played at say, $10 - $25 a ticket, but season ticket holders would get to see the games at half that price as a reward for renewing.
Some teams gave incentives to renew for 2004-05 too.

NYIsles1*

pei fan said:
You stole the words right from my mouth.I honestly don't know how this guy gets published.
Sensationalism sells and the Post goes for this and the gossip to get folks talking, it does work.

Unfortunately the NY market has such weak hockey coverage people read it. The other three local papers do not have a regular sunday hockey feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad