Speculation: Sun ponders what 2020-21 roster will look like

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think it is safe to say they will look for a top 4 RD unless Whitecloud makes himself into an NHL defenseman capable of that very quick. We have too many left handed defensemen, everyone except Engelland, he is older and not a top 4, and Whitecloud.

Whitecloud may not be more than a solid bottom pair and we can't have five of our defensemen be left handed and all of the top and expect good results.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I don't think there's anything special about Whitecloud tbh. He's just a guy but I'd love to see him prove me wrong. Hague is the young player I expect will make this roster and he's just gonna get better and better.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think there's anything special about Whitecloud tbh. He's just a guy but I'd love to see him prove me wrong. Hague is the young player I expect will make this roster and he's just gonna get better and better.

I think I agree but hes another left handed defenseman, as is Schuldt and Coghlan and Korczak may be two years away from a spot on the team or a top 4 role in the league.

A RD who can play top 4 maybe this season and next season is a big priority for the team.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Some of the RD that are mentioned in the article as UFAs would give Gallant heartburn. He clearly likes the idea of a pairing to have a play driver and a responsible guy to cover. Those guys are mostly play drivers and I don't think Schmidt or Theodore are suited to stay at home. Besides getting a stay at home type is a lot cheaper and easier than a play driver. I think that's the hope with Whitecloud, just needs to become a McNabb type of player by working on positioning and being properly physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->