WWE: Summer Women's Tournament Announced

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You really think HHH is in control booking this? Baszler wouldn't have made it past the second round if that was the case. No this is all about setting up horsewomen vs horsewomen and bringing Rousey into the WWE.

Had HHH had complete control in booking this tournament someone like Serena Deeb with her redemption angle would have made the final or Bianca Belair.
HHH is booking it as all these kind of shows are his work, but he's still WWE. He's not Vince, but he's still going to do what is best for business. The horsewomen stuff is where the money is, so that's what he'll do.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And then she holds it too long, the wwe horsewomen enter the ring to save Kairi, the mma horsewomen respond in kind and we get a big stare down setting up survivor series or what ever while the tournament gets completely overshadowed.

It's a double-edged sword, but I doubt Hunter would let the tournament just go up in smoke like that and get totally buried for the angle. Set up the angle, yes, but it won't be forgotten about.

Which kind of brings me to what happens if Kairi wins. She wins the tournament, and then just goes into NXT and inevitably wins the title there. They'll still put her over as the winner of the tournament going forward and have it forever, but what did it ultimately mean? Here's another Japanese woman who nobody can beat, I don't see them doing the same thing they did with Asuka.

For Shayna, obviously, yes, it can get attached to the 4HW/4HW feud, and might elevate the tournament in hindsight. I don't know what their plans out be, it would not feel congruent for her to win it, then go up and be in that 4v4 feud, and then come back to NXT. Shayna also has been linked to girls like Nikki Bella in training, but you know Vince will just see Shayna as the vehicle to get to Ronda, and when he's done with the other three, that'll be it. Vince and Kevin Dunn aren't going to see a good use for Shayna long-term, although I'm sure Hunter would dream some things up.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
The final seems academic unfortunately.... WWE wants rousey, so Shayna "only here cause I know ronda" goes over.

Still a good tournament overall tho. Hope they use this to replenish nxt, which outside of Nikki cross and Ruby riot (and to an extent ember moon) looks a little blah

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The final seems academic unfortunately.... WWE wants rousey, so Shayna "only here cause I know ronda" goes over.

Still a good tournament overall tho. Hope they use this to replenish nxt, which outside of Nikki cross and Ruby riot (and to an extent ember moon) looks a little blah
Screw you... The Iconic Duo is the best!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's what they do though. It's not like NXT has under-utilized talent, they push the top few because that's all they have time for. The women's division is limited to Ember, Ruby, Nikki Cross (who is going to have to change her name anyways), Peyton, Billie, and Sonya Deville. There's no time to put anyone else in a position. Liv Morgan has dropped off the face of the earth, a year ago they were putting her on main roster house shows.

The tag team division is in even worse shape, or at least it was before reDRagon appeared.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's what they do though. It's not like NXT has under-utilized talent, they push the top few because that's all they have time for. The women's division is limited to Ember, Ruby, Nikki Cross (who is going to have to change her name anyways), Peyton, Billie, and Sonya Deville. There's no time to put anyone else in a position. Liv Morgan has dropped off the face of the earth, a year ago they were putting her on main roster house shows.

The tag team division is in even worse shape, or at least it was before reDRagon appeared.
Hey, you've got Lorcan and Stone teaming up now too. TM61 should be back as well. Tag division just getting good again. (In time for the tag tournament too.)

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
You really think HHH is in control booking this? Baszler wouldn't have made it past the second round if that was the case.

You think Triple H would take the wrestler who has gotten over as a killer in the women's wrestling promotion where they get most of their talent and 90% of their wrestling footage for the braketology show and have her lose in the 2nd round.

Why.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hey, you've got Lorcan and Stone teaming up now too. TM61 should be back as well. Tag division just getting good again. (In time for the tag tournament too.)

I don't think they're doing it this year because they're talking about that for next summer's tournament.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So they're doing this tonight, with the obvious angle of 4HW vs. 4HW and they send Sasha to New Zealand. Alexa is there too.

Why aren't all your horsewomen there?
Why aren't both your champions there?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So they're doing this tonight, with the obvious angle of 4HW vs. 4HW and they send Sasha to New Zealand. Alexa is there too.

Why aren't all your horsewomen there?
Why aren't both your champions there?

Meh you don't need Alexa there. I don't understand the lack of Sasha. You have the other three there

Asuka should just come out and literally kill everyone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meh you don't need Alexa there. I don't understand not sending Sasha there.

Asuka should just come out and literally kill everyone.

You definitely want her there though. They should want every woman on the roster there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would be fine to let Asuka's streak run for another two years until Kairi shows up on the main roster and have her break the streak.

Or Ellsworth can tazer Asuka for Carmella I guess

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Moreover, if all your horsewomen aren't there, why is it the same the one? They didn't show Marina either on the MMA side.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
You think Triple H would take the wrestler who has gotten over as a killer in the women's wrestling promotion where they get most of their talent and 90% of their wrestling footage for the braketology show and have her lose in the 2nd round.

Why.

Did you watch the crowd reactions during the tournament for Baszler's matches? The crowd was only behind her in the opening match. By the second round she was losing steam and by the time she won her semi against Mercedes Martinez the crowd didn't care outside of a few pity claps.

Hell she just got introduced in the final to zero crowd reaction. Nobody wanted Baszler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad