Transfer: Summer Transfers Part II

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
So, they will be signing like 3 or 4 more players lol.
I hope so. The squad still needs a starting caliber RW/RM, a left back (you can't count on Shaw and Young), and another center back at absolute minimum.

Alexis should be the #10, platoon Rashford and Martial at LW. Whoever isn't playing is the first option off the bench for another striker.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez vows that his club will make major signings this summer | Daily Mail Online

Was this posted already?

"Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has vowed that his club will make a splash in this summer's transfer market."

"We need to strengthen our present and our future. This is a great squad that will be strengthened by some brilliant players', Perez told a news conference on Wednesday.
'We're in one of the richest periods of our history. We've won unique titles. We're sound institutionally, have strong financial power and have the supports of millions of fans."

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez vows that his club will make major signings this summer | Daily Mail Online

Was this posted already?

"Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has vowed that his club will make a splash in this summer's transfer market."

"We need to strengthen our present and our future. This is a great squad that will be strengthened by some brilliant players', Perez told a news conference on Wednesday.
'We're in one of the richest periods of our history. We've won unique titles. We're sound institutionally, have strong financial power and have the supports of millions of fans."
Isn't it sort of implied every summer with them?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Isn't it sort of implied every summer with them?

It's Real so the expectation is always to win, but reading twitter(don't know the experts on football like in hockey) some have questioned Reals intentions of spending money this summer, so as a Real fan I like this article.
There's work to be done and money needs to be spent.

To replace Ronaldo and add more younger players into the mix.
Navas, Ronaldo, Marcello, Modric, Ramos, Benzema are all +30.

Courtois+ Hazard+ Bale/Asensio/Varane/Casemiro would be a great under 30 group to build with, ofcourse I'm not trading Modric/Ramos/Marcello anywhere.

edit, and for years Madrid hasn't really been spending, not since Bale have they gone after record prices, they've done lot of smaller smart signings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They'll end up with Courtois. Hazard not so sure, Chelsea have said that they'll reject now that it's so close to the season and end of English window, and Hazard still has 2 years left. If Real goes into crazy money territory, then maybe we take it if we have some sort of replacement lined up. I'd expect Hazard to go there next summer though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They'll end up with Courtois. Hazard not so sure, Chelsea have said that they'll reject now that it's so close to the season and end of English window, and Hazard still has 2 years left. If Real goes into crazy money territory, then maybe we take it if we have some sort of replacement lined up. I'd expect Hazard to go there next summer though.

If they don't get Hazard who's the superstar type they could get?

Competing even with him will be a challenge, without his level of signing about impossible.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If they don't get Hazard who's the superstar type they could get?

Competing even with him will be a challenge, without his level of signing about impossible.
Isco and Asensio can take on bigger roles. Maybe Chelsea is just posturing for more money, and Real ends up getting close to the 200 million figure.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Isco and Asensio can take on bigger roles. Maybe Chelsea is just posturing for more money, and Real ends up getting close to the 200 million figure.

Like you said for a team like Madrid after losing Ronaldo that should not be enough.
They demand winning like crazy every year.

I'd pay the price because they haven't spent on years and just sold Ronaldo and he could be a real piece to build around moving forward, and I want to see Hazard+ Bale. It would make for a very different looking Real.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Goalkeepers better than Alisson...

- De Gea
- Oblak
- Navas
- Subasic
- Casillas
- Handanovic
- ter Stegen
- Courtois
- Neuer
- Ocha
- Ruffier.

latest

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
It's entirely possible that people will say he's as good as de Gea next season. He's that good.

But if it costs us another attacker I will have a problem.

There just aren't many keepers who can do that and he makes saves like this all the time. I simply hope he won't be so aggressive rushing out of his area, if he cuts some of that out, he'll be better than a top keeper.

Ochoa's better

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I would not be surprised to see Hazard force his way out like Coutinho did.

2 years left or 1 year left you don't want to keep an unhappy player.

It's pretty obvious Hazard fancy Real Madrid.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I would not be surprised to see Hazard force his way out like Coutinho did.

2 years left or 1 year left you don't want to keep an unhappy player.

It's pretty obvious Hazard fancy Real Madrid.

Hazard should be desperate to join Real tbh; this is the perfect timing for both him and the club. Whatever Chelsea do or play, they're not Real Madrid.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Mou said in his presser today that he doesn't know if there will be more signings.

I'm trying to not panic over signings, especially given how quietly Woodward has done business recently (Dalot this summer, Lukaku last). So I'm hoping (praying) something is in the works.

We cannot begin the season with Young at fullback and Lingard/Mata at RW. The winger position might not need be that big of a priority since we have a really good prospect in Tahith Chong but if its Young/Darmian at LB again...god help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad