Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Loan with option to buy. Hopefully that means Kovacic is coming, at least on loan.
Madrid getting Courtois for 30m with us having to now buy Kepa for 80m is disgusting.

If we get Kovacic on just a loan with no option to buy, that's gross.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Madrid getting Courtois for 30m with us having to now buy Kepa for 80m is disgusting.

If we get Kovacic on just a loan with no option to buy, that's gross.
I look at it like this, 1 year of Courtois+35/40m for Kepa+1 year of Kovacic. That's pretty good outcome. If there is an option to buy, it's even better.

Reactions: 417

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't love loaning Bakayoko to Milan. Seems like another Cuadrado situation where we bail on a quality player because they had one inconsistent season.

Reactions: 417

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't love loaning Bakayoko to Milan. Seems like another Cuadrado situation where we bail on a quality player because they had one inconsistent season.
It at least makes a little more sense since Bakayoko isn't a style fit with Sarri. Would've liked to have seen Cuadrado with Conte because they would've been a good fit IMO.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kind of a faulty way to look at it. Real Madrid still own Kovacic whilst Chelsea wouldn't own Courtois.

We would've been guaranteed to lose Courtois, just how we'd lose Kovacic at the end of the season. If there is an option to buy, great, but if not, we'd lose both players in either scenario. At least in this one, we still get a high caliber keeper, and a huge upgrade at midfield for a season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And here there's a report Boateng really wants to sign with Tuchel's PSG rathern than Mou's United.

But PSG isn't that high on him apparently.
PSG doesn't need him nearly as bad

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
And here there's a report Boateng really wants to sign with Tuchel's PSG rathern than Mou's United.

If PSG wants to go get Boateng and let Arsenal take Kimpembe off their hands, I wouldn't complain. Emery seemed to rate him highly at PSG.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ed Aarons at The Guardian is saying that there would not be an option to buy Kovacic, and that Real views him as the successor to Modric.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United's move for Boetang is all but off because Bayern want them to double their money. Also there's reports that Boetang to United is about to happen. Also there's reports that Alderweireld deal is all but done and Spurs are looking for a replacement. Also there's reports that Spurs want more money. Also there's reports that Maguire's deal is off because of City. So basically no one knows what the hell United is doing.

Edit: forgot one. After reports that he was staying at Lazio, United are now offering close to 140M for SMS.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If PSG wants to go get Boateng and let Arsenal take Kimpembe off their hands, I wouldn't complain. Emery seemed to rate him highly at PSG.
Tuchel often plays with 3 at the back. Since they only have 3 CBs on the roster, I'm guessing they won't sign Boateng to get rid of Kimpembe.

Reactions: KJS14

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Most of what I'm seeing has had there being a buy-option on Kovacic. I don't remember the last time Chelsea loaned in a good player and didn't keep them around, so I'm optimistic.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Paris United reports PSG and Boateng have a contract agreement. Player refuses to go to United, but the problem lies with the discussion between Bayern and United. I'm sure Bayern would rather stay within the Good Old Country Club.

Reactions: John Pedro

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Paris United reports PSG and Boateng have a contract agreement. Player refuses to go to United, but the problem lies with the discussion between Bayern and United. I'm sure Bayern would rather stay within the Good Old Country Club.

I’d like Boateng, but having two bandaids at CB would be less than ideal. And the lure of PSG and not playing for Mou is there.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Tim Nash (Wolves beat writer) says Adama Traore will be officially announced tomorrow. They were going to announce him to today, but out of respect for Middlesbrough (who played a Championship game today), decided to wait until tomorrow. Will be a Wolves transfer record at 18M, which they previously broke this summer as well.

Nash also says he's hearing Wolves could have two more signings (aside from Traore) before Thursday's deadline (which makes sense as they badly need a LWB and a CB). Nash also states that one could be a marquee signing.

Like I said, Traore is amazing for Wolves. His acceleration, speed, and strength will be so helpful pulling defenders away to open up guys like Neves, Jota, and company. Exciting signing.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
From David Maddock so take it for what it’s worth. United have offered 40M and feel that should be enough to sign Alderweireld. They could also look to sign Mina too before the window ends.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Paris United were reporting last week that there was an internal debate within PSG on whether or not they should get a CB or a LB. Henrique favors a LB (Alex Sandro, Alex Telles, Philip Max and Ricardo Rodriguez where named) while Tuchel favored a CB (Boateng or Bonucci before he went back to Juve)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad