Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Kovacic never had a season as good as Ox this year.

IDK why it's a revelation - Ox was clearly the best midfielder on a team that cruised to the CL finals. When will he start getting the recognition he deserves?

There's quite a few things off here:

1) As Corto said, Ox barely even started in the CL knockouts for Liverpool. He had one moment of brilliance against Man City. James Milner was by far a better midfielder than Ox in the CL, and that's saying something.

2) Liverpool in no way cruised to the CL final. In fact, there were quite a few controversial calls along the way against City and Roma, so let's not try to pump Ox up by using verbiage like that.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Kovacic never had a season as good as Ox this year.

IDK why it's a revelation - Ox was clearly the best midfielder on a team that cruised to the CL finals. When will he start getting the recognition he deserves?

I like both players a lot.

Klopp has a way of raising the apparent level of midfielders.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Oxlade Chamberlain is the same player that he was at Arsenal. Nothing has changed except him switching shirts. He still can't finish. He does everything else well.

At the very least Ox got his mojo back under Klopp. There's a reason players want to play under him. Even de Bruyne was trying to get a transfer to Kloppos Dortmund before he finally found his perfect place in Peppis City.
I dunno how many goals one needs to score playing as a feeder to Salah, Mane and Firmino...

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
At the very least Ox got his mojo back under Klopp. There's a reason players want to play under him. Even de Bruyne was trying to get a transfer to Kloppos Dortmund before he finally found his perfect place in Peppis City.
I dunno how many goals one needs to score playing as a feeder to Salah, Mane and Firmino...

Ox left Arsenal because we couldn't offer him as many minutes. Not because he wanted to play under Klopp.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ox left Arsenal because we couldn't offer him as many minutes. Not because he wanted to play under Klopp.

He played 45 games for Arsenal the last season he was there. He also played more minutes in less games for Arsenal while he played less minutes and more games at Liverpool this season. Lying as always, it's like you're addicted to it.

He wanted to play for Klopp, he wanted to play in midfield, he didn't want to play at Arsenal anymore, and he wanted to play in the Champions League. Those are all the truth.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Credit to Croatia. They have produced more top notch central midfielders in recent years than Brazil & Argentina combined.

It doesn't hurt that Brazilian & Argentinian coaches hate their best midfielders...Fabinho, Allan, Arthur, Paredes, Lo Celso, Ascacibar, etc...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He played 45 games for Arsenal the last season he was there. He also played more minutes in less games for Arsenal while he played less minutes and more games at Liverpool this season. Lying as always, it's like you're addicted to it.

He wanted to play for Klopp, he wanted to play in midfield, he didn't want to play at Arsenal anymore, and he wanted to play in the Champions League. Those are all the truth.
And he's still trophy-less and possesses the same problems since he left London.

Reactions: booyakasha and Edo

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

I really don't think Ox's move had anything to do with Klopp vs Wenger, if that's what you meant. His decision to leave Arsenal for Liverpool was mainly based on playing in midfield rather than RW/RWB. Nothing wrong with that as he wasn't going to get consistent minutes in Arsenal's midfield.

I still don't rate him highly, but as I've always said, he's a good role player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I really don't think Ox's move had anything to do with Klopp vs Wenger, if that's what you meant. His decision to leave Arsenal for Liverpool was mainly based on playing in midfield rather than RW/RWB. Nothing wrong with that as he wasn't going to get consistent minutes in Arsenal's midfield.

No, I didn't mean the bolded and Klopp has said so himself, that it had nothing to do with that. Ox himself said that it was a matter of doing things differently with his career, and that he wanted to play different football.

Now I will say that Arsenal should have given him consistent minutes based on his performances in midfield, and that it was a short-term error not to do so. Don't know what it will mean in the long run, but he was definitely a better midfielder than wing player. Based on when he played at wing for Liverpool it wasn't even close. Ordinary wide player and terrific midfielder. I will also say that considering who played games in midfield for Arsenal this season, there were definitely minutes for Ox in Arsenal's midfield. Why Wenger didn't see it that way, I don't know.

I am always initially extremely critical of players and wasn't impressed, but as he started being played in midfield more he won me over. His dribbling impact from midfield was crucial to Liverpool's success, and that someone doesn't see it that way is actually quite shocking. The CL Final would have gone differently if he had played, because for however some people overrate Wijnaldum, he can't dribble like Ox can, and I'm still pretty pissed that Ox got injured like that in the first place. As we've seen in the World Cup, Kroos can't handle dribbling midfielders at all, so Ox could have played around him quite a bit.

That isn't to say Ox is world class, but he does have one aspect (dribbling from midfield) that is extremely excellent, and it creates tons of opportunities for other players, even considering that sometimes Ox will mess them up himself. I will say though that he wasn't Liverpool's best midfielder this season, that was actually Milner.

Reactions: KJS14

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
LITN, Ox's best game for Arsenal was as a winger against Barcelona for what it's worth. He was ridiculous. Had he played with that kind of energy and drive every game, he'd be world class. He's still only 24. I would absolutely love it if we could see pre-season Asian-tour Oxlade Chamberlain in the Premier League. And dominate the league like he does those warm up tournaments.

How can anybody not like the guy? He should be the bridge that unites us. I would love it if he scored 40 goals next year. And finished 2nd to Arsenal. Win-win.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Berchiche from PSG to Bilbao for 20M€.
Pastore already sold for 24M€ to Roma.
Édouard sold for 10M€ to Celtic.

PSG don't even need to sell Guedes now.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Apparently, Sommer is drawing attention with his WC performances. Roma being linked with a 30M bid if Allison is sold...and LFC was also mentioned in the article I saw.

In other BMG news:
-The bid for Füllkrug has apparently been upped to 20M, though Kind is still fighting it despite the player having agreed terms, the Sporting Director saying they should just take the money, and the coach saying he accepts that he’ll be moving forward without Füllkrug...now we just need Nocferatu to get on board...
-Michael Lang to gladbach is gaining a lot of steam & may already be sealed pending a medical. I was really hoping that Henrichs would want to play with his buddies after Leverkusen bought Weiser to start over him...or that BMG would at least get a less-hyped kid with big time upside like Mbabu...but Lang should allow Elvedi to play CB regularly, and it's about damn time that he be freed of having to race up & down the wings.
-And it looks like Monaco has beaten Eberl to Chelsea's Jonathan Panzo

BVB news:
-Gonzalo Castro to Stuttgart is supposedly far along
-Durm is going to Huddersfield
-Toljan, Rode & Yarmolenko are also being shopped according to Bild
-No new news about Sahin’s move to Galatasaray
-and Zorc is whining about how hard it is to find a new striker, amidst new rumors linking them to Celtic's Dembele...who is more likely to cost a more palatable sum than the 40-50M that Lautaro, Bats, or Schick would probably cost them

Rest of the BuLi:
-Wout Weghorst seems to be close to joining FC VW
-Bobby Wood to Hannover is also reportedly very close
-Leipzig shoot down rumours linking them to Calhonoglu
-Mascarell to Schalke looks like it might have legs

Oh & f*** Birmingham for steal Kristian Pedersen from my eisern. He was a really good LB during his time in the german capital :madfire:

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
On Sunday, I saw a rumor at the bottom of the barrel - on an Instagram feed - linking Asensio with a second-most-expensive-player-ever move to Liverpool. He was asked about it at Spain's presser today.

I can't imagine it happening for a number of reasons, but it's out there.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Apparently, Sommer is drawing attention with his WC performances. Roma being linked with a 30M bid if Allison is sold...and LFC was also mentioned in the article I saw.

In other BMG news:
-The bid for Füllkrug has apparently been upped to 20M, though Kind is still fighting it
-Michael Lang to gladbach is gaining a lot of steam. I was really hoping that Henrichs would want to play with his buddies after Leverkusen bought Weiser to start over him...or that BMG would at least get an exciting but less-hyped kid like Mbabu...but Lang could allow Elvedi to play CB regularly, and it's about damn time that he be freed of having to race up & down the wings.
-And it looks like Monaco has beaten Eberl to Chelsea's Jonathan Panzo

BVB news:
-Gonzalo Castro to Stuttgart is supposedly far along
-Durm is going to Huddersfield
-Toljan, Rode & Yarmolenko are also being shopped according to Bild
-and Zorc is whining about how hard it is to find a new striker, amidst new rumors linking them to Celtic's Dembele

Rest of the BuLi:
-Wout Weghorst seems to be close to joining FC VW
-Bobby Wood to Hannover is also reportedly very close
-Leipzig shoot down rumours linking them to Calhonoglu
-Mascarell to Schalke looks like it might have legs

Oh & **** Birmingham for steal Kristian Pedersen from my eisern. He was a really good LB during his time in the german capital :madfire:

Of course he's available to be snatched up, but Arsenal get fixated on the guy that was showing promise 3+ years ago.

Sommer for Leno + 1st round pick?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Whatever happened to this kid?

He never improved his technical abilities enough and had some health problems. He’s a good athlete who works hard & was an effective part of Klopp’s pressing schemes, but he was never even as skilled as Schmelzer; who’s own technical level has oft been questioned.

...at least before Tuchel magicked him into a genuinely skilled FB right before his body broke down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->