Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Would you take him at 80k/week on a 14M transfer? Because that's essentially what Juventus did, they're just paying the transfer fee to him instead of a club.

That's a good way to look at it. I'm really not a fan of Can, but that's pretty good business tbh.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Would you take him at 80k/week on a 14M transfer? Because that's essentially what Juventus did, they're just paying the transfer fee to him instead of a club.

Yea I’d take him at 80 a week I’d take him at 120 a week, but anything more then that probably not. I liked can as a midfielder, his goal against watford last year was the beginning of what transpired this year.

I think he will do very well Juve

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Dedryck boyata linked with a 7m pound move to Lazio. Funny how a player that so many celtic fans don't rate is a world cup starter now for a top team and another big club wants him...

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
There are rumors Kovacic asked to be allowed to leave, but Perez just said no.
Juve, Liverpool and Inter were rumored to be interested. He has a 50m EUR release clause, so could still be done.
Think he's slightly wary of the new coach, he was first in line for minutes in Madrid's midfield if something needed changing, or Modric/Kroos needed resting.
Started some big games last season, vs Barca, PSG, etc... And now is getting a new coach, who knows how it's gonna pan out.

Personally, I think he'd be a great fit at Liverpool. A midfield trio of Keita, Fabinho and Kovacic would be top notch.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs would be all over Kovacic too I assume.

You got to wonder why Spurs haven’t already offered his release clause. Might be out of respect for RM.

My guess is Spurs aren’t interested. Kovacic isn’t stupid and he can pass. So not the kind of CM Pochettino generally likes.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There are rumors Kovacic asked to be allowed to leave, but Perez just said no.
Juve, Liverpool and Inter were rumored to be interested. He has a 50m EUR release clause, so could still be done.
Think he's slightly wary of the new coach, he was first in line for minutes in Madrid's midfield if something needed changing, or Modric/Kroos needed resting.
Started some big games last season, vs Barca, PSG, etc... And now is getting a new coach, who knows how it's gonna pan out.

Personally, I think he'd be a great fit at Liverpool. A midfield trio of Keita, Fabinho and Kovacic would be top notch.
Ox is better than him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Seeing more and more rumours of Strakosha going to Liverpool. Seems like LITN will get his guy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cgf

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I like Ox but he is absolutely not better than Kovacic. Funny to hear that coming from the guy who used to call himself Kovacic on here, too.

The comparison is needless anyways. Keita is going to be filling the box-to-box role that Ox was this year, and Kovacic is a much better controller in midfield than anything Liverpool has currently. Kovacic - Fabinho - Keita would be filthy, so I hope that doesn't happen.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Would really like to get Kovacec, but I assume every other team would be interested. Central midfield depth was a problem last year when Ox and Can went down. Can is gone and Ox is out the first part of the year. Fabinho and Keita in but don't think Lallana can be counted to be healthy even if he is still here. So a midfield 6 of Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Gini, Kovacec, and Milner would be great.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ox is not better lol. And that's before factoring in injuries.
Kovacic never had a season as good as Ox this year.

IDK why it's a revelation - Ox was clearly the best midfielder on a team that cruised to the CL finals. When will he start getting the recognition he deserves?

I like Ox but he is absolutely not better than Kovacic. Funny to hear that coming from the guy who used to call himself Kovacic on here, too.

I like both players a lot.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Ox is better than him.

Ox is better than Kovacic? Okay then.
I'll assume you didn't get to watch Real a lot in the last 3 years, and I'll leave it at that.

I will say that your statement "Ox was clearly the best midfielder on a team that cruised to the CL finals. When will he start getting the recognition he deserves?" makes no sense at all.

He started literally two knockout games. One vs Porto at home with the tie decided (was 5-0 away) and the one game that did matter vs ManCity at home.
Then got injured.
EDIT: Nevermind, he didn't even start the 2nd leg vs Porto.
So "clearly the best midfielder" on a team that cruised to the CL final started LITERALLY ONE GAME in the knockout rounds.

Anyway, seems Kovacic wanting out of Real because of not being in the first 11 is genuine (and he's not get into the first 11 for most big games as long as Modric and Kroos are there):
Real Madrid: Kovacic: "Lo mejor para mí es dejar el Real Madrid y que me vaya a otro club" - Marca.com

Whoever gets Kovacic will be super happy. The guy is a starter on any non-Madrid team in the world IMO, or at worst, a candidate for first-11 depending on the manager's system at teams like Barca, PSG or Bayern.

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
As someone who watches Real Madrid a lot any team would want Kovacic. Zidane convinced him to stay last season as he promised him more playing time which he got even in some big games. The one game that stood out for mor me is the psg game in Paris where he bossed the midfield and dominated Verrati.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ox is better than Kovacic? Okay then.
I'll assume you didn't get to watch Real a lot in the last 3 years, and I'll leave it at that.

I will say that your statement "Ox was clearly the best midfielder on a team that cruised to the CL finals. When will he start getting the recognition he deserves?" makes no sense at all.

He started literally two knockout games. One vs Porto at home with the tie decided (was 5-0 away) and the one game that did matter vs ManCity at home.
Then got injured.
EDIT: Nevermind, he didn't even start the 2nd leg vs Porto.
So "clearly the best midfielder" on a team that cruised to the CL final started LITERALLY ONE GAME in the knockout rounds.

Anyway, seems Kovacic wanting out of Real because of not being in the first 11 is genuine (and he's not get into the first 11 for most big games as long as Modric and Kroos are there):
Real Madrid: Kovacic: "Lo mejor para mí es dejar el Real Madrid y que me vaya a otro club" - Marca.com

Whoever gets Kovacic will be super happy. The guy is a starter on any non-Madrid team in the world IMO, or at worst, a candidate for first-11 depending on the manager's system at teams like Barca, PSG or Bayern.
He doesn't even consistently start for Croatia. And was benched a bit at Inter although Mancini was a dumbass too.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
He doesn't even consistently start for Croatia. And was benched a bit at Inter although Mancini was a dumbass too.
You going to start him over Modric or Rakitic? I don't think so. Croatia is really blessed with a lot of great quality in central midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad