Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
“Torriera was the best midfielder in the Prem for a 2 month period“

Legit one of the funniest things I’ve read on here in a long time.

October - December he ceirtainly was, and probably the best player in the league too besides Van Dijk

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bragging about losing a final and calling it success just shows what a joke Tottenham is
Considering that’s something the likes of RM, PSG, City, Barca, etc. didn’t do this year. Also I hope you know that there hasn’t been a single Spurs fan arguing with you yet. You are just stating things that are straight up wrong. You really need to take off the homer glasses.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Considering that’s something the likes of RM, PSG, City, Barca, etc. didn’t do this year. Also I hope you know that there hasn’t been a single Spurs fan arguing with you yet. You are just stating things that are straight up wrong. You really need to take off the homer glasses.

Losing a final is never a success, no matter who you knock out. I didn’t think losing the UCL final in 2006 was a success even though United, Bayern, Juventus, RM and more failed to get there. I didn’t consider the Rangers losing the final in 2014 a success even though Washington and Pittburgh didn’t get there, and you didn’t consider losing the 2016 final a success either.

What have I said that was straight up wrong. I have based most of it on stats and facts and you have done nothing but say that Spurs played in the UCL and finished one point above us.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Losing a final is never a success, no matter who you knock out. I didn’t think losing the UCL final in 2006 was a success even though United, Bayern, Juventus, RM and more failed to get there. I didn’t consider the Rangers losing the final in 2014 a success even though Washington and Pittburgh didn’t get there, and you didn’t consider losing the 2016 final a success either.

What have I said that was straight up wrong. I have based most of it on stats and facts and you have done nothing but say that Spurs played in the UCL and finished one point above us.
I have not seen one thing you’ve backed up with facts other than basing your City/Liverpool argument on 5ish games and claiming Torreira was the best player in the PL and claiming Guendouzi is bad based on the eye test.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • Ziyech appears to have some form of agreement with Ajax about a transfer sum after all. I always expected Ajax to cooperate and not ask the jackpot for him, but the agreed fee looks to be set at 30M. Which is a bargain for a player his caliber. Sevilla is the latest club who showed their interest.
  • Luuk de Jong to Sevilla is getting pretty serious. Rumored fee is around 13M.
  • Real Madrid offered 50M for van de Beek. Ajax wants at least 65.
  • Ryan Babel to Galatasaray
  • Bruma to PSV official.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The owner is very concerning of course but our future ceirtainly does not look worse than for Tottenham or United, at least not considering they haven’t signed anyone.

Over the past decade Spurs have had a very good and stable upwards progression. Daniel Levy is one of the most business-savvy directors around, not relying on any sort of sugar daddy and focusing on long term sustainability. They have a very young and promising squad with a seemingly commited manager. How does Arsenal's future look better? Their financial reports sure don't look good.

Arsenal struggled with a lot more injuries too

Just no.

I would rather play for Arsenal, they have a lot more promising youngsters, a new promising coach who is starting to implement his ideas, a huge loyal global fanbase ( in contrast to Tottenham who basically have no fans at all) and a rich history with lots of titles.

You clearly do not want to be taken seriously.

Spurs don’t have one that I could see become a first team regular besides possibly Oliver Skipp

You seem to know jack all. Troy Parrott for example is one of the brightest players of his age. Absolutely demolished the U-18 league at the age of 16.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
65m for Van de Beek. 100m for Maguire. This is getting out of hand.

Also Standard Liege are closing in on Zinho Vanheusden for about €12.6m while Inter will have a buy back clause of €18m according to Belgian media.
I'm really surprised that for only 12m no other teams are in on this.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
There were some early rumors about United targeting him if De Gea leaves. Wonder if this’ll push them a little more towards that. Although I’m not sure where de gea goes at this point. PSG seems the only option, but I haven’t seen anything linking them from good sources.

It depends on what kind of keeper you are looking for. He's very and I mean very awkward with the ball at his feet and he's prone to making some really boneheaded mistakes. He also comes with Raiola, a bum of brother and super high wages. He's still quite young and has accomplished a lot at his age, but do negatives outweigh the positives? I don't know.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I have not seen one thing you’ve backed up with facts other than basing your City/Liverpool argument on 5ish games and claiming Torreira was the best player in the PL and claiming Guendouzi is bad based on the eye test.

Here is me backing up my City/ Liverpool claim. In the 13 games Guendouzi didnt start, Arsenals win percentage was 82%. Over the course of the season, City had a win percentage of 84%, and Liverpools was 80%.

I did not use just the eye test alone when claiming Guendouzi was bad, I used stats too. Besides an historically low win percentage, he lost the ball more than twice as much per game in comparison to Xhaka and Torriera, had the least chances created per 90 minutes of any Arsenal regular including defenders, had 0 goals and 0 assists along with 2 chances created, a lower percentage of duels won than the rest of Arsenals midfield, and had less key passes than Xhaka and Torriera.

Torriera was inconsistent but a world beater for a short period of time. There where periods when players like Trent Alexander Arnold where the best in the league, that does not mean they are close to the best in reality. There where periods when Elias Pettersson and Patrik Laine where the best in the NHL, but they certainly are not the best.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It's funny how people that don't know much about Arsenal go full Pejorative Slur in their counter argument against a full Pejorative Slur homer for Arsenal.

To make this related to transfers the chances of Torreira leaving Arsenal for Milan is pretty low considering that:

1. Milan isn't in any European competition.
2. Milan can't even afford to sign him.
3. Torreira has a few years left in his contract.
4. Torreira is getting an English tutor and is not pushing for a move away.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone remember days when 30-40 million bought you a world class player?
0_GettyImages-1075775034.jpg

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Over the past decade Spurs have had a very good and stable upwards progression. Daniel Levy is one of the most business-savvy directors around, not relying on any sort of sugar daddy and focusing on long term sustainability. They have a very young and promising squad with a seemingly commited manager. How does Arsenal's future look better? Their financial reports sure don't look good.

Just no.

You clearly do not want to be taken seriously.

You seem to know jack all. Troy Parrott for example is one of the brightest players of his age. Absolutely demolished the U-18 league at the age of 16.

Our financial reports are fine, we made a larger profit than Spurs last year. The problem is that Kroenke doesn't want to spend, which admittedly is a huge issue.

While Spurs have young talent, it is nowhere close to Arsenals, not even close.

Troy Parrot was severely overshadowed by Folarin Balogun and Sam Greenwood of the same age.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
UM because the sample size of 13 games vs. 38 is so massively different that that "data" is irrelevant...

What???

It is not irrelevant, 13 is a relatively large sample size, and I never claimed we where close to Liverpool and City without him, all I said was that our records where similar. It is 13 vs 25, not 13 vs 38 by the way, and definitely enough games to draw a conclusion. The difference is similar in Europe too.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It is not irrelevant, 13 is a relatively large sample size, and I never claimed we where close to Liverpool and City without him, all I said was that our records where similar.

That's one of those things that is technically "true" but not at all "accurate".

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That's one of those things that is technically "true" but not at all "accurate".

I never said anything about it being accurate, we would still be far below them without Guendouzi. All I was trying to prove is how much worse we are with Guendouzi on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad