Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
That is true but I have not heard anything that makes me believe that is the case here, lets hope he stays

He may stay or he may go....I just personally don't take any human at face value anymore.

Also Lafont loaned for two years to Nantes.
Not sure what Fiorentina is up to right now.

I was surprised when I saw the news on twitter. I thought he had a good season consider Fiorentina sucked and he's only 18.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's 20 but yeah. They seem to like Dragowski more. It's fine but then why TF did they start Lafont all along?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They are not getting him, and why on earth would Torriera want to move to a club that is significantly worse than the one he is at?

I don't think he will leave, that being said Torriera has stated that he misses Italy and has found the adjustment to English life style more difficult than he thought. I have read that the team is hoping to make Lucas take more English classes so the language barrier will be less of a strain.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Emery didn’t rest players for half the season Arsenal would have finished third most likely.

After the way they played in the last 2 months I don't think they really deserved it anyways. Would have been amazing though just for the ability to draw players in.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
A few reports came out a week ago. Some Juve fans are okay with getting rid of Cancelo due to defensive liabilities and brining Trippier to replace him. I am thinking to myself, "right" in a Dr.Evil voice because I watched quite a lot of Tottenham games last season including all of CL games barring a couple in the group stage.

As a Juve fan I’d be thrilled to have Pereira. Would be absolutely crushed if we replace Cancelo with fkn Trippier.

Pereira might actually be better than Cancelo. Cancelo is great offensively but Pereira is the more complete RB.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
After the way they played in the last 2 months I don't think they really deserved it anyways. Would have been amazing though just for the ability to draw players in.

Without the ref robbing us of the win in the NLD we would have had it

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I'm not about to put it one call by a ref.....If we minimized the countless defensive breakdowns we would have had better results. Simple as that.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

Stop with this BS.
Maybe Auba should've made his kick?

Quit making excuses. Every team has those moments over a long season. I can point to bad calls and bad luck in Spurs matches that had they gone the other way they would've been top 4 comfortably rather than taking it to the wire.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I mean one team is in the CL and made the final.... the other is in the Europa again.

Arsenal finished one point below Tottenham, don't act like its a large difference. Arsenal struggled with a lot more injuries too, so I would probably bet on Arsenal to finish above Tottenham next season. I would rather play for Arsenal, they have a lot more promising youngsters, a new promising coach who is starting to implement his ideas, a huge loyal global fanbase ( in contrast to Tottenham who basically have no fans at all) and a rich history with lots of titles.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arsenal finished one point below Tottenham, don't act like its a large difference. Arsenal struggled with a lot more injuries too, so I would probably bet on Arsenal to finish above Tottenham next season. I would rather play for Arsenal, they have a lot more promising youngsters, a new promising coach who is starting to implement his ideas, a huge loyal global fanbase ( in contrast to Tottenham who basically have no fans at all) and a rich history with lots of titles.
Again. One team was in the CL. One team was in the CL final. We all know from your 10ish posts here you’d rather play for Arsenal. We all know you have some very gunner tinted glasses. You’ve made that very clear. It doesn’t matter about one point below. It matters where you finished.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'm not about to put it one call by a ref.....If we minimized the countless defensive breakdowns we would have had better results. Simple as that.

Stop with this BS.
Maybe Auba should've made his kick?

Quit making excuses. Every team has those moments over a long season. I can point to bad calls and bad luck in Spurs matches that had they gone the other way they would've been top 4 comfortably rather than taking it to the wire.

I was just trying to point out how incredibly close it was, while fans are acting like its a huge difference and that we are literally miles of. With a coach who is only just starting to implement his ideas and promising new talent on the way, I would bet on Arsenal finish above Tottenham next season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Again. One team was in the CL. One team was in the CL final. We all know from your 10ish posts here you’d rather play for Arsenal. We all know you have some very gunner tinted glasses. You’ve made that very clear. It doesn’t matter about one point below. It matters where you finished.

Again, the difference was extremely small and could have gone either way so don't act like Sp*rs are far ahead. Again, I do think most players would like to play for a team who actually has fans, and I do think most players see more potential in the Arsenal team going forward.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Again, the difference was extremely small and could have gone either way so don't act like Sp*rs are far ahead. Again, I do think most players would like to play for a team who actually has fans, and I do think most players see more potential in the Arsenal team going forward.
Yes and Spurs could have gone undefeated. We all can play the what if.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Who are the promising talent at Arsenal? Since Guendouzi sucks, that limits it.

Guendouzi is horrible yes, but some very good established players under 23 are Holding, Torriera, Bellerin and Iwobi. Bukayo Saka is one of the youngest PL players ever, Reiss Nelson and Emile Smith Rowe are superb talents, Joe Willock will suprise everyone next season with his vision, late runs into the box, goalscoring instincts from midfield, amazing dribbling and high intensity pressing, Folarin Balogun and Tyreece John Jules had historic scoring numbers in the U23 and U18 teams, and Bielik while not close to a supertalent looks decent. Arsenal won the U18 Premier League and finished second in the U23 division. I can’t think of any team in the league that has as good young prospects as Arsenal, Spurs don’t have one that I could see become a first team regular besides possibly Oliver Skipp

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Guendouzi is horrible yes, but some very good established players under 23 are Holding, Torriera, Bellerin and Iwobi. Bukayo Saka is one of the youngest PL players ever, Reiss Nelson and Emile Smith Rowe are superb talents, Joe Willock will suprise everyone next season with his vision, late runs into the box, goalscoring instincts from midfield, amazing dribbling and high intensity pressing, Folarin Balogun and Tyreece John Jules had historic scoring numbers in the U23 and U18 teams, and Bielik while not close to a supertalent looks decent. Arsenal won the U18 Premier League and finished second in the U23 division. I can’t think of any team in the league that has as good young prospects as Arsenal, Spurs don’t have one that I could see become a first team regular besides possibly Oliver Skipp
You mention Holding, Iwobi, and Bellerin but don’t mention Winks, Alli, Sanchez, Foyth, etc. gosh there really is something wrong here. You’re losing credibility with each post.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You mention Holding, Iwobi, and Bellerin but don’t mention Winks, Alli, Sanchez, Foyth, etc. gosh there really is something wrong here. You’re losing credibility with each post.

Those Spurs players are not close to being good enough to compare to the Arsenal youngsters, I hope you realise that. I was just talking about Arsenal and not Spurs in that comment so i don’t see why I would randomly include Tottenham players.

Winks is not good at all, Holding is a lot better than Sanchez, Alli is decent I will admit, and do you seriously think Foyth is a good prospect? Don’t make me laugh

Bellerin and Holding > Foyth and Sanchez ( the king of errors, Tottenhams Mustafi) by a huge distance
Torriera > Winks
Alli > Iwobi

Coming through the academy at the moment, Spurs basically have no one at all.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Winks is not good at all, Holding is a lot better than Sanchez, Alli is decent I will admit, and do you seriously think Foyth is a good prospect? Don’t make me laugh
Wow. This is just hilarious at this point. Holding can’t even beat out Koscielny and Mustafi. Winks is on the same level as Torreira. Also Kane/Eriksen/Son aren’t old. I take Spurs future over Arsenal everyday.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Wow. This is just hilarious at this point. Holding can’t even beat out Koscielny and Mustafi. Winks is on the same level as Torreira. Also Kane/Eriksen/Son aren’t old. I take Spurs future over Arsenal everyday.

When fit, Holding was by far Arsenal’s best defender, do you watch us? He started basically every game before his injury. Holding is a million miles ahead of Foyth, who is an average prospect at best, and Sanchez, who is the king of errors, Tottenhams Mustafi. Torriera was the best midfielder in the Prem for a 2 month period and is a million miles ahead of Winks at almost every attribute.

Also, Lacazette, Leno and Maitland Niles aren’t old.

If you seriously think Eriksen and Son would want to stay and remain trophyless there whole life while playing in front of 2 people every home game something is wrong.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
When fit, Holding was by far Arsenal’s best defender, do you watch us? He started basically every game before his injury. Holding is a million miles ahead of Foyth, who is an average prospect at best, and Sanchez, who is the king of errors, Tottenhams Mustafi. Torriera was the best midfielder in the Prem for a 2 month period and is a million miles ahead of Winks at almost every attribute.

Also, Lacazette, Leno and Maitland Niles aren’t old.

If you seriously think Eriksen and Son would want to stay and remain trophyless there whole life while playing in front of 2 people every home game something is wrong.
I give up. There’s no arguing with someone who thinks Arsenal is anything better than mediocre at this point.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

This is sort of big!

There were some early rumors about United targeting him if De Gea leaves. Wonder if this’ll push them a little more towards that. Although I’m not sure where de gea goes at this point. PSG seems the only option, but I haven’t seen anything linking them from good sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad