Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
There's a reason I don't think we'll sign him and it's largely due to a lack of defensive effort. He plays very much like Pogba in that regard and when the United link flew in, I could only imagine them in the same team.

I would not say that he lacks defensive effort.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Everyone wants some Bruno. Even Inter.

Naturally, it being Serie A and all, they're trying to include Joao Mario to lower the cost.

Not gunna happen.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton getting linked with another younger championship CAM, this time Josh Brownhill from Bristol City. Don't know much about him but after missing already on some higher quality youngsters, not too exciting.

Also Tomor Hemed is returning from loan to add to the slow moving strike force with Glen Murray.... Got a feeling he finds his way back down to the championship because he is far from what this team needs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Everyone wants some Bruno. Even Inter.

Naturally, it being Serie A and all, they're trying to include Joao Mario to lower the cost.

Not gunna happen.
It does seem like every time I see an Italian link they're trying to trade players in any deal.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
It does seem like every time I see an Italian link they're trying to trade players in any deal.

lol, it's the Italian way.

Nah, really we just have a really hard time getting into bidding wars and when you do player exchanges you can do some tricks with the accounting.

Inter actually has to come up with 40m for FFP before June 30th, so I doubt they're going after one of the most sought-after players on the market too seriously.

Reactions: YNWA14

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
As a Palace fan, I’m hoping they hold onto AWB but, if they can’t get something in the neighbourhood of $50 million + for him, it should strongly be considered.

That cash could go into a few quality signings to help strengthen the club.

Then again, Parrish is a :eek::eek::eek::eek: so he’ll waste it away.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
According to O Jogo, Spurs have met the asking price for Bruno Fernandes.

However, it is generally considered that O Jogo is most reliable reporting on Porto. Sporting/Benfica would be A Bola.

ABola = Benfica
Record = Sporting
OJogo = Porto

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
#mcfc and #mufc will go head to head for #lcfc Harry Maguire. Leicester don’t want to sell, and it would take an offer in excess of the £75m paid for Van Dijk to prise him away. Maguire won’t “agitate” for a move out of gratitude to Leicester for giving him chance.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The VVD fee turned out to be justified and Southampton would have been fools to sell him for less. Maguire is a 30m player though. At best. I hope City signs him because they were bitching about VVD's fee being too high.

Reactions: Cassano

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
The VVD fee turned out to be justified and Southampton would have been fools to sell him for less. Maguire is a 30m player though. At best. I hope City signs him because they were *****ing about VVD's fee being too high.
60mil is The new 30. In Maguires case you add the English player premium and VVD money is not too far fetched. If ManU sign him he won't be worth it, but ManU are The new Arsenal (laughing stock of football world) so I wouldnt be suprised. They havent made a good sporting move since Alex bought RVP.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
60mil is The new 30. In Maguires case you add the English player premium and VVD money is not too far fetched. If ManU sign him he won't be worth it, but ManU are The new Arsenal (laughing stock of football world) so I wouldnt be suprised. They havent made a good sporting move since Alex bought RVP.

Which in case of a hard Brexit will only rise due to work permit's becoming harder to get.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Haha I genuinely shake my head when I read the valuation for Maguire. Look outside England, you can find two really good CB's for that amount - with higher upside.

You just have to properly scout and develop.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
James to Napoli seems to be picking up steam. I'll admit, I've always had a bit of a man-crush on him, so I'd love to see him Serie A.

Initially I didn't put much stock into the rumours because of his wages, but from what I've read, he seems willing to take a pretty significant cut.

Hopefully this means Carlo will roll with a 4-2-3-1 and truly allow the guy to flourish as a 10.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I rate Maguire higher than most, but £75m+ is completely ridiculous - even if I can see the value of someone home grown.

What I do think is a good thing is how teams like Leicester and CP clearly aren't just forced to sell off their best players for peanuts. The can and they are charging quite premium for their best players. If Leicester get £75m for Maguire and CP were to sell AWB and Zaha for a combined fee of well over £100m - then they should both be in a decent position to strengthen their squad quite a lot.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
James to Napoli seems to be picking up steam. I'll admit, I've always had a bit of a man-crush on him, so I'd love to see him Serie A.

Initially I didn't put much stock into the rumours because of his wages, but from what I've read, he seems willing to take a pretty significant cut.

Hopefully this means Carlo will roll with a 4-2-3-1 and truly allow the guy to flourish as a 10.
Most likely Carlo Will build his team around James. Id be very suprised to see him play anything other than the 10 spot. Going to Napoli (and again following Carlo) is so sad though. He had all the talent in The world but hi is a complite mental midget and has zero versatility or intensity. Kinda of like Özil, wasted talents. But for a club like Napoli hi is a perfect fit.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Most likely Carlo Will build his team around James. Id be very suprised to see him play anything other than the 10 spot.

Under Ancelotti at Madrid, he was a LCM. When team had the ball it was a 4-3-3; when they had to defend, he was more a left midfielder in a 4-4-2 flat. Carlo uses the same shape a lot at Napoli.

We shall find out.

He had all the talent in The world but hi is a complite mental midget and has zero versatility or intensity

James is a mental midget? This is one of the worst takes I've read in a while, congrats.

No versatility? do you realize how many positions he's been forced play? He puts up numbers wherever you put him.

This is James at Bayern earlier this season vs Modric at Real Madrid :

modric-vs-jr.png

Kinda of like Özil, wasted talents

lol, except he's been putting up fantastic creative numbers at Bayern/Madrid, whilst Ozil has been toiling away with a Europa League side.

He's 27, man. Yes, Madrid and Bayern probably weren't the best clubs for him to become everything he can be, but he's still a helluva player with his prime years ahead of him.

But for a club like Napoli hi is a perfect fit.

So he's lazy, a wasted talent, zero versatility, and a mental midget......but he's perfect for Napoli?

Wow, man. This has really been a pleasure.

Last edited:

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Under Ancelotti at Madrid, he was a LCM. When team had the ball it was a 4-3-3; when they had to defend, he was more a left midfielder in a 4-4-2 flat. Carlo uses the same shape a lot at Napoli.

We shall find out.

James is a mental midget? This is one of the worst takes I've read in a while, congrats.

No versatility? do you realize how many positions he's been forced play? He puts up numbers wherever you put him.

This is James at Bayern earlier this season vs Modric at Real Madrid :

View attachment 235413

lol, except he's been putting up fantastic creative numbers at Bayern/Madrid, whilst Ozil has been toiling away with a Europa League side.

He's 27, man. Yes, Madrid and Bayern probably weren't the best clubs for him to become everything he can be, but he's still a helluva player with his prime years ahead of him.

So he's lazy, a wasted talent, zero versatility, and a mental midget......but he's perfect for Napoli?

Wow, man. This has really been a pleasure.
Yes. Like Özil would be aswell. Doesnt have The mentality to play for big sides or teams that are not constructed around him.

Yes his mentality is a big problem. Thats why he failed to convince other mangers except Carlo. Didn't fight for a spot at Madrid. Instead of putting on more effort he gained weight and whined.

Yes Hi has played multiple positions but only done well as a 10 or inside RW. He simply doesnt have the ball retetition, press resistance or defensive skills that are needed of a top level CM. Nor has the speed to be an absolute offensive crack.

His numbers are good to great and I wanted him to succeed at Madrid, he didn't. But I still like him as a player, but he has alooot of deficiancys to go along with that absolute wand of lefty and great vision. Hi is a luxury player though and on a great team you cant have too many of those.

When a team is build strictly around him he Will shine. Like in Napoli and Columbian NT.

Last edited:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yes his mentality is a big problem. Thats why he failed to convince other mangers except Carlo.

You don't think it might've had something to do with Rafa tossing him out as a RW and using Bale as the play-maker?

Or Zidane preferring the BBC and a 4-3-3?

And then the signings of Asensio and Isco?

James failed at Madrid because Florentino bought him for all the wrong reasons with no coherent plan, and then other fantastic players were preferred by Zidane after Rafa's silly attempt at being a Madrid manager. It had nothing to do with "mentality." Zidane himself said he's got nothing against James, but understood he wanted to play more.

He's a mega-talent that got stapled to the bench due to tactical reasons and due to Madrid having an embarrassing amount of attacking talent. When you have a player like Ronaldo, you don't worry about trying to get the best out of a #10. You worry about balance. Whenever, and wherever, James played, he produced. That's undeniable.

He simply doesnt have The ball retetition, press resistance or defencive skills that are needed of a top level CM.

I'll give you defensive skills , but the other two? Not so much. Look at the chart I posted above again, if you missed it the first time.

And honestly, he's not even really a true CM.

I could go on about his mixed time at Bayern, but a lot of the same things happened to him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad