Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
My personal expectations where De Ligt is heading after following this process closely:

1) 45% - Barcelona
2) 20% - Juventus
3) 15% - PSG
4) 10% - Liverpool
5) 5% - Manchester United
6) 5% - Manchester City

I believe he'll make his decision shortly.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Speaking of Ajax players:

United should be all over that.

I hope De Ligt moves to Juve (though I don't think it's likely).
Juve needs a Chiellini successor and he'd be the main man (De Ligt) in Turin for years to come.
With Cristiano there he'd still have a couple of years there to attract a few other big names.

But I think he ends up at Barca.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So Spurs got 4 players that can play RB (5 if you include Dier) and now they are going after a 29 year old one? Right.

Not that I would mind replacing Trippier and Aurier with anything (still willing to give Aurier one more season).

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Why PSG are confident of beating Barcelona and Man United to sign De Ligt
Barcelona have been the 19-year-old’s preference in terms of pure football, and Manchester United were willing to offer the highest wage with a deal of £350,000 a week.

But sources say the French champions have gone higher as regards the latter.

PSG have also set out a persuasive plan, that explains De Ligt’s role in the team and future.

Barcelona have not yet given up hope, but it is felt by those close to the situation that the French club are now leading the race.
That is big boy money.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My personal expectations where De Ligt is heading after following this process closely:

1) 45% - Barcelona
2) 20% - Juventus
3) 15% - PSG
4) 10% - Liverpool
5) 5% - Manchester United
6) 5% - Manchester City

I believe he'll make his decision shortly.
Liverpool is 0% they arent going to smash their wage structure to sign him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
350k/week is insanity for a defender.
'For a defender' is something that is an interesting way to look at it. I think it's insanity for any player (and apparently PSG are actually ready to go above 350k) but we saw this season how much of an impact a defender can really have on their team. Even if you look at teams of the past the truly great teams are usually organized and run by a world class or historically good defender.

If PSG look at de Ligt as someone who can have a van Dijk like impact, and he's only 19 years old...that's worth paying for.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Been outta the loop for a week or so, so I thought I'd give my thoughts on some things I found interesting:

- Hazard. What can be said? It might've been the worst-kept secret in football the last 6-8 months. Interested to see what he can do there.

- Eriksen. Tough blow for Spurs. I'm sure Levy will get a great fee as he normally does, but replacing that quality will be difficult. For me, I'd bite the bullet short-term and buy a younger player (or two) and develop. It's almost impossible to replace Eriksen immediately, and I think believing you can, will lead you to make bad decisions.

- Lukaku to Inter won't go away. Inter seems very close to adding Dzeko, though. My assumption is Conte wants to play a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Right now, if I had to guess, I wouldn't expect Lukaku at Inter unless Icardi leaves. Conte does want Lukaku, though. Make no mistake about it.

- Griezmann continues to be one of the biggest wanks in football. Is this the second or third consecutive summer he's done this? I can't remember.

- Bruno Fernandes will almost certainly be in the Prem next season. Which club remains to be seen. First City seemed a lock, then United, and now even Spurs are apparently kicking the tires. We shall find out. For me, he'll be in Manchester one way or another.

- Pogba returning to Juve has picked up serious wind in the last week or so. Based on everything I've read, Juventus are doing whatever they can to bring the fee down by offering players in exchange. It's also rumored they'd have to sell the likes of Joao Cancelo, Douglas Costa, Juan Cuadrado, Mario Mandzukic and Mattia Perin to generate enough funds. For me, the only one I'd really care about is Cancelo. No, he's not a prototypical Juve FB, but he'd be a monster under Sarri, I'm sure of it, and finding a quality RB isn't easy.

- If the wanker known as Griezmann ends up at PSG, it seems Cavani will be sacrificed. Truly one of my favorites, and I think PSG would be losing a lot of character moving on from him. But business is business. Atletico seems to be the front-runners at the moment.

- Kovacic is rumored to be available at 45m. Tough one for me. Inter are rumored to want him to return, and they've certainly spent worse money over the years. Dunno though, something tells me to stay away from that valuation.

- Frank Kessie is rumored to be available from Milan for around 30m. I think his destination would almost certainly have to be England if they hope to get that kind of return. He's a tank and has a bit of quality as well. Think of a more b2b version of Wanyama.

- And finally, for once, I don't hate the names United are linked with. Stay patient, stick with your philosophy of building a young core, and for heaven's sake don't start bringing in people like Bale.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He is doing the same as De Jong to get a bigger fee/wages by FCB. He will come to Barcelona.

Mino money.

Seems Barca have offered him 9 million € net salary while Mino wants 14 million... :help: I see PSG only one willing to pay that money from the teams left in the "race". And Raiola's track record indicates he would want to cash more with the player by not having him go to either Barca or Real yet.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
- Pogba returning to Juve has picked up serious wind in the last week or so. Based on everything I've read, Juventus are doing whatever they can to bring the fee down by offering players in exchange.

I defend Pogba often, and when he's on he's brilliant to watch. But his act gets old and his agent is a dickhead. I really dont want a group of players in a swap for him though. United need cash to rebuild. Not a marginally happy Douglas Costa.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
- Bruno Fernandes will almost certainly be in the Prem next season. Which club remains to be seen. First City seemed a lock, then United, and now even Spurs are apparently kicking the tires. We shall find out. For me, he'll be in Manchester one way or another.

A lot of publications, some more reliable, some less, are reporting that he'd be announced soon by United now that the Nation's League final has been played.

I'm reading elsewhere that the less reliable rags are claiming United and Wan-Bissaka have agreed to personar terms, but the clubs have yet to agree on the transfer price. According to Matt Law (Tier 2 on the reliability chart) : Manchester United may need to bid £60m to sign Aaron Wan-Bissaka after £40m offer is rejected

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
A lot of publications, some more reliable, some less, are reporting that he'd be announced soon by United now that the Nation's League final has been played.

I'm reading elsewhere that the less reliable ragas are claiming United and Wan-Bissaka have agreed to personar terms, but the clubs have yet to agree on the transfer price. According to Matt Law (Tier 2 on the reliability chart) said this: Manchester United may need to bid £60m to sign Aaron Wan-Bissaka after £40m offer is rejected

It's seemed all along like the roadblock to Wan-Bissaka is Palace's valuation, not any ability of United to get personal terms done.

I don't really blame them either, unless the player tries to force his way out, there's no reason for Palace to sell for "market value" He's got I think 3 years left on his deal and has played excellent for a team that's usually <10 points away from relegation.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
How are PSG going to afford him?

I mean, it's obvious that you can financially manipulate the books.

Just have a shell corp or even a real company you own (or someone in your nebulous orbit owns) give your club some ridiculous sponsorship they have to basically write off, and you settle the accounts.

Or do like City and have one public bookkeeping and one private one.

Or pay some agents under the table.

They also have a lot of assets that they can sell on if they really need to do so.

Note, they're not the only team who can do it, or who does it. Plenty of teams cheat, or at least skirt some of FFP rulings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad