Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
When Hazard's on, he's had a claim of being the 3rd best player in the world, along with a handful of other guys in this decade ruled by two aliens.

Has he maintained that level as much as I'd like? No, not really. But what does it matter? He's an insane talent when motivated, and has been the best player on a title winning team.

I think most people feel he has Ballon d'Or talent. Has he not won one because of Messi and Ronaldo, or does he take some blame for it?

My guess would be it's a little of both.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
See, I don't hate him!

And I could post a dozen of posts that are totally ridiculous. But glad to see that you're not completely off base. :)

And Hazard with Lille was better than Dybala at ANY point in his career.

There's a difference between doing in Lille and in Juve.

They only have a two year difference remember.

Stat comparison in top 5 league :
Dybala : 214 games, 78 goals, 41 assists (11+0 in 34 european games)
Hazard : 387 games (because he was good MUCH younger than Dybala), 121 goals, 83 assist (13+14 in 75 european games).

Dybala has 3 Serie A titles, none of which he was the lone driving force.
Hazard has 2 EPL titles, 1 L1 title, 1 Europa League title and a 3rd place in WC, ALL OF WHICH he was the main player.

Dybala played in a league where its harder to score and the majority of the time out of position.

When Hazard was already dominating a top 5 league in Europe, Dybala was playing in the second division in Argentina.

Development isn't linear but you already knew that.

And last stat....

Dybala's NT record is a whopping 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists.
Hazard has 99 games (because Belgium can't play without him, no matter the coach), 30 goals and 27 assists).

LOL Argentina's NT is a joke. Nobody plays well except Messi.

Very small minority as the lone argentinian homer, yes.

Not really fair considering I bash Argentinian players all the time and pretty conservative for the most part. Hell critique Simeone on a regular basis (unfairly) according to you. So please give that argument a rest.

Dybala right now is being shackled once, he's free he'll put up great numbers again. Although, the same can be said for Hazard with Chelsea. We'll see I guess.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I came here to post that actually got sidetracked. Its an absolute steal. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they keep him if they do and add a striker than they're big contenders for 4th spot in CL. However, they're likely to flip him for at least 50 million.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I don't think anyone debates that Hazard is great.

I think the frustration, has, and always will be (at least for now, maybe it's different if he moves to Real) that he doesn't play up to his ability for stretches. He doesn't play as well as he could, and then, bang, a month or two period, he's unplayable.

Whether that's down to injuries, form, teams he is on and their strategy, you name it, he doesn't put together the full season you would like to see. I think his heights are comparable with anyone in the game. It's more than a little unfair to say that I think he could do more, and that you could expect more for all his ability.

He does suffer because there's guys named Messi and Ronaldo right now, but he could do more.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I think the frustration, has, and always will be (at least for now, maybe it's different if he moves to Real) that he doesn't play up to his ability for stretches. He doesn't play as well as he could, and then, bang, a month or two period, he's unplayable.

Whether that's down to injuries, form, teams he is on and their strategy, you name it, he doesn't put together the full season you would like to see. I think his heights are comparable with anyone in the game. It's more than a little unfair to say that I think he could do more, and that you could expect more for all his ability.

He does suffer because there's guys named Messi and Ronaldo right now, but he could do more.
I mean he's on an Island at Chelsea but he should've left for some time now. TBH he should've never signed with that team. Wasted years with them.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

How many guys out there are consistently at their best though? Hazard's consistency issues are made worse because he doesn't have a good Robin to his Batman. If Salah has an off game, he has Mane and Firmino and others to help carry the load. Of the top clubs out there, Chelsea is one of the few that has their offense rely so much on 1 player, I don't know of another big club that is worse in this area.

Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I guess winning a bunch of trophies equates to wasting years...

For his talent the only ones that matter should be the 2 EPL titles. He could've won more and been in the balon'dor talk had he not gone to a team that is allergic to any offensive creativity.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will certainly concede the being on an island, it does often seem of late that if Chelsea are going to score, it will come through him. It also didn't help that he gave some years playing for Jose or Conte and limited some offensive production. It would be interesting to see him in a free flowing, attacking side (seeing him in Liverpool's lineup for example with Klopp would be awesome).

I'm not trying to say that he has to be consistent for the entire season, but the moments of brilliance are so salivating, that it's hard to get beyond times where he is just average (or worse).

He has had some support in Chelsea's side, but of late, it has been even worse.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I will certainly concede the being on an island, it does often seem of late that if Chelsea are going to score, it will come through him. It also didn't help that he gave some years playing for Jose or Conte and limited some offensive production. It would be interesting to see him in a free flowing, attacking side (seeing him in Liverpool's lineup for example with Klopp would be awesome).

I'm not trying to say that he has to be consistent for the entire season, but the moments of brilliance are so salivating, that it's hard to get beyond times where he is just average (or worse).

He has had some support in Chelsea's side, but of late, it has been even worse.

He is also someone to your point that doesn't have the same drive as the all-time greats, and that leads to his inconsistencies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like Liverpool are joining the race for Nicolas Pepe, according to l'Equipe.

Seems like an appropriate signing. Not sure what our chances are if another top team can offer him a starting spot though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He could?
No because :
1/ Dybala plays higher up front
2/ he won't even match the number of games because as I said, Hazard was killing it when Dybala was still learning his footballin lower divisions and they're only two years different.

Yes, he absolutely could.

• He's only 43 league goals away, which he could knock out in two seasons rather easily.
  • The 42 league assists would be more difficult, but definitely doable in 173 matches which is the difference in league matches.
  • He's pretty much there in European goals and in less than half the matches.
  • European assists is also very doable.

Dybala is in a position to match those stats in fewer matches, especially in the league comparison. Now as I already said, you could argue he should match them. Anyway, we'll see where Dybala is playing next season as I think that will have a lot to do with it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can't help but find Juve to be a very boring team to watch.

They are signing some big names recently, but I'd much rather these players don't play at Juve.

Who have they signed? Also where's the best website to keep track of Juve's transactions?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You're right, it's different between Juve and Lille.
Hazard put up 30+ points (g+a) on a small team with Gervinho and Sow. Lead him to a double.

Dybala with Juve? Yep.
Dybala's best season with either Palermo or Juve don't come close to Hazard's best season in Chelsea nor in Lille.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would say his best season at Juve comes close to Hazard, but overall impact I'd still say Hazard was better in multiple seasons than in Dybala's best.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sounds like Liverpool are joining the race for Nicolas Pepe, according to l'Equipe.

Seems like an appropriate signing. Not sure what our chances are if another top team can offer him a starting spot though.

They can promise him that he'll play every week for one of the best teams in the world, because he would play every game. I don't know what they'd offer as far as starts go though. Liverpool have taken some massive gambles expecting the front three to be able to start every game. Fortunately, the gambles have largely paid off, but they aren't going to forever.

I think Klopp/Edwards are targeting one big signing like this, or Eriksen, or even Dybala. Someone they can spend an absolute pile on considering the squad doesn't need much help.

Also:

Mane's comments about Klopp prove his future is at Liverpool

“To be honest he is a great man, you can see it and he is a lovely person,” said Mane.

“He loves all his players and is very close to his players too. He also demands a lot but he never puts pressure on us other than asking the best of us.

“He only asks you to do your best in whatever you are doing and also to enjoy it.

“I think that's important because, under him, everybody has progressed a lot as everyone can see. It's very important for us to work with him for more years.”

Legend status will be incoming for these players, no doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimaera and YNWA14

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're right, it's different between Juve and Lille.
Hazard put up 30+ points (g+a) on a small team with Gervinho and Sow. Lead him to a double.

Dybala with Juve? Yep.
Dybala's best season with either Palermo or Juve don't come close to Hazard's best season in Chelsea nor in Lille.

I'm talking the numbers here, which again obviously back up what I'm saying. As for clubs though, I could see Dybala putting up excellent numbers with say a Betis.

I wouldn't say playing for Juve is a big plus for Dybala all things considered. As for his best season coming close or not, it's irrelevant. I've clearly said that Hazard is the better player and Dybala's best seasons matching up or not don't change the fact that he can easily match Hazard's league and likely European numbers as they stand now.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Dude was clearly a talent whilst in Italy, but it looks as if he's taken it to another level in Portugal.

Does he have a bad knee or something? Either way, I wouldn't be overly pumped for Juve to get another quality CB.

Napoli apparently really want this kid. He's been very impressive the few times I've seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->