Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Always? I've never said he's bad, or even that he isn't a great player. I've just never rated him as one of the best players in the world.
He would be lucky to reach Hazard’level and constant posts of none sense about him please.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He would be lucky to reach Hazard’level and constant posts of none sense about him please.
I mean, most players would be lucky to reach Hazard's level. A lot of the stuff is just tongue in cheek because I know you like him so much, but here:

I'm down for a fantasy draft PL.

Also Dybala is another player I had above some of these others taken. Good pick.
Better players don't necessarily have better numbers. Both Dybala and Suarez are better than Griez and Cavani for me.
That might be overselling it a bit depending on your criteria of young, but Dybala is definitely one of the best out there and will continue to be.
I like Dybala a lot. Every time I watched Juventus he stood out to me more than any other player on the pitch. He didn't have the pure numbers to back it up this season, but I think he is in for a massive season this year (and when I do these drafts I build my team with the coming year in mind).
Dybala and Marchisio are certainly among their best players, if not their best. I don't think many people gave them much of a chance against Bayern anyway, though.

Rooting for that PSV upset!

See, I don't hate him!

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Dybala's a good player. I definitely don't rate him as highly as Duchene2MacKinnon does , but that's fine.

A lot of people don't rate the guy I have as my avatar as highly as I do either.

Such is life. I could be wrong.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dybala's a good player. I definitely don't rate him as highly as Duchene2MacKinnon does , but that's fine.

A lot of people don't rate the guy I have as my avatar as highly as I do either.

Such is life. I could be wrong.
Nobody rates Firmino as high as I do. Even though most top players are thought of in a similar light everyone has different things about the game that they value higher than others (as well as personal biases of course). I think it's good, and like you said totally fine.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I love Firmino. Probably my favourite Pool player after Alisson, of course.

Doesn't score enough to be considered elite , but he's vital to what Liverpool do. Dude genuinely makes others better which is a rare quality to find in a #9 beyond just attracting defenders. I'd kill to have him in Rome.

And yeah, people value certain things differently. Fans also have a tendency to enjoy players and positions that remind them of themselves when they played.

I was a DM , so of course it's my favourite position in the sport. De Rossi's criminally underrated in my eyes - but what can ya do? Dude never left Rome , so people really just don't see him enough and he doesn't have championships. Marchisio got to play with Pirlo while De Rossi had to play with Michael Bradley.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: YNWA14

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I was a DM , so of course it's my favourite position in the sport. De Rossi's criminally underrated in my eyes - but what can ya do? Dude never left Rome , so people really just don't see him enough and he doesn't have championships. Marchisio got to play with Pirlo while De Rossi had to play with Michael Bradley.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I rate De Rossi. I love the guy. There is a lack of crazy dm like Gatusso and De Rossi these days.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kun was benched by Pep infavour for Jesus for awhile. Dybala first 2 yrs at juve we’re better than Hazard at any point in time for Chelsea. The issue with both is that they’re playing for teams that don’t value that as much.

Simeone benched Greizz and Pep benched ibra coaches are weirdos and are human.
And Hazard with Lille was better than Dybala at ANY point in his career.

Reactions: Cassano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They only have a two year difference remember.

Stat comparison in top 5 league :
Dybala : 214 games, 78 goals, 41 assists (11+0 in 34 european games)
Hazard : 387 games (because he was good MUCH younger than Dybala), 121 goals, 83 assist (13+14 in 75 european games).

Dybala has 3 Serie A titles, none of which he was the lone driving force.
Hazard has 2 EPL titles, 1 L1 title, 1 Europa League title and a 3rd place in WC, ALL OF WHICH he was the main player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When Hazard was already dominating a top 5 league in Europe, Dybala was playing in the second division in Argentina.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And last stat....

Dybala's NT record is a whopping 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists.
Hazard has 99 games (because Belgium can't play without him, no matter the coach), 30 goals and 27 assists).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And last stat....

Dybala's NT record is a whopping 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists.
Hazard has 99 games (because Belgium can't play without him, no matter the coach), 30 goals and 27 assists).
I think a very small minority believe Dybala is better than Hazard. Most Juve fans prob don't believe it either.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Ok, here's how I see Dybala as someone who follows the league pretty closely. Feel free to disagree , as I'm sure many of you will - it's just how I perceive things.

Dybala's a lovely player to watch, plays through the lines really well , scores some excellent goals from distance and overall his goalscoring record is really good for being more of a second striker/10. He's genuinely a very talented player - and a bit of a throwback , which I happen to like.

few problems:

1) Signing Ronaldo, for all his greatness, means other good attacking players have to become mere mortals again and sacrifice. He's clearly suffered from that. The reason you see Mandzukic , is the same reason you saw Benzema. It's not that Allegri's a moron , or that he doesn't like Dybala, it's the fact he's doing what any good manager does and he's building what he deems a functional side around a historically good player. I know people love to rag on Higuain here (and he's been bad in London , for sure) , but his chemistry with Dybala was miles better than Dybala's with Ronaldo.

The Ronaldo signing changed everything for Dybala at Juventus. This should be clear when Dybala's had prolific seasons under the same manager.

2)5 Serie A goals this season in 27 games. You can't honestly blame the manager for all of it. Sure, if you want to put some of it on Allegri - I'll agree. But he's also just straight up not playing well. That's the damn truth. Watch the Spal match and tell me it's all on Allegri. Hazard would be crucified by the English media if he had a season like this (as was the case in 15/16).

3) He simply can't establish himself at international level. Frozen out as it was assumed him and Messi couldn't function in same 11. So that's now both Messi and Ronaldo managers have deemed he can't co-exist with. Yes, I know Argentina is not a model country in terms of their national program. Frankly, it's embarrassingly bad at times from what I've read/seen. But is there something to it? Yeah, I would suggest there probably is.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Hazard : 387 games (because he was good MUCH younger than Dybala), 121 goals, 83 assist (13+14 in 75 european games).

Hazard has 2 EPL titles, 1 L1 title, 1 Europa League title and a 3rd place in WC, ALL OF WHICH he was the main player.

I generally agree with you that Hazard is the better player. Pretty clear I'd say. However regarding the stats comparison, I'd say that Dybala is on pace to at the very least match Hazard's stats. Of course you could argue that he should and even if he does that doesn't make him the better player, but he could well match his stats.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

You're obviously not gonna see me dispute the fact that Hazard is absolutely better than Dybala at this point in time, but the Europa League title was Hazard's first season at Chelsea and, while he hit the ground running, that 2012-13 Chelsea squad was Juan Mata's team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can't help but find Juve to be a very boring team to watch.

They are signing some big names recently, but I'd much rather these players don't play at Juve.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I generally agree with you that Hazard is the better player. Pretty clear I'd say. However regarding the stats comparison, I'd say that Dybala is on pace to at the very least match Hazard's stats. Of course you could argue that he should and even if he does that doesn't make him the better player, but he could well match his stats.
He could?
No because :
1/ Dybala plays higher up front
2/ he won't even match the number of games because as I said, Hazard was killing it when Dybala was still learning his footballin lower divisions and they're only two years different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->