Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 8: Messi stays, grudgingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Both Marca and Romano reporting United are in negotiations with Madrid for Regulion for around 25m euros.

Shaw is always injured and If I never have to see Brandon Williams again I’ll be thrilled.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well sevilla signed their LB in Acuna so Manu has a “free” run at him.

still amazed at Tagliafico not take for a similar price. He’s twice the player. Plus easier to deal with Ajax than Madrid.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Well sevilla signed their LB in Acuna so Manu has a “free” run at him.

still amazed at Tagliafico not take for a similar price. He’s twice the player. Plus easier to deal with Ajax than Madrid.

he's also 5 years older than Reguillon. Which definitely is a factor for United. They've thankfully (I hope...) seemed to realize buying 27/28/29 year olds wildly isn't a great strategy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
he's also 5 years older than Reguillon. Which definitely is a factor for United. They've thankfully (I hope...) seemed to realize buying 27/28/29 year olds wildly isn't a great strategy.
Players progress differently there’s no guarantee that reguillon is better in 4 years than Tagliafico. Considering the matters work rate. He will be effective even at 32.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Under Emery, he was the team’s biggest offensive creator. The offense ran though him making cutback runs for the two elite strikers in the 18-19 season. He is rather poor defensively and on huge wages since he was signed on a free coming off of a Bundesliga team of the year appearance.

He has no place with Tierney and AMN emergence at his position.

Hammers also interested in Chelsea’s. Emerson.

Just about any LB will be an upgrade on Cresswell at this point.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Torino about to sign Torreira for 24 million. So that is 44 million for Martinez and Torreira, no excuse to not bring in Aouar and/or Partey now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reguilon will be a great purchase. Stop wasting time on Sancho for this summer. Sign this guy, beat your Manchester rivals to signing Koulibaly, bring in a cheap option for the front positions, and that’s a good window for United.

Reactions: Cassano

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Please not Partey

Definately not my preferece either, but we need a DM badly and are not linked to any other CL quality DM. Partey is still a good player. Who would you bring in instead? Soumare who we have had a few links to? Looks like a physical and strong but also modern dynamic press resistant midfielder. I would like Rice to be honest

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Reguilon will be a great purchase. Stop wasting time on Sancho for this summer. Sign this guy, beat your Manchester rivals to signing Koulibaly, bring in a cheap option for the front positions, and that’s a good window for United.
If we are spending all that money on a CB, I’m going for Upamecano instead of Koulibaly. Not that KK isn’t better but he’s also like 8 years older.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Definately not my preferece either, but we need a DM badly and are not linked to any other CL quality DM. Partey is still a good player. Who would you bring in instead? Soumare who we have had a few links to? Looks like a physical and strong but also modern dynamic press resistant midfielder. I would like Rice to be honest
If we continue to play 3 at the back, I'm not too worried about a traditional DM.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Aouar should be our top priority at the moment and having him link up with our forwards would elevate this club for a possible top #4 finish.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If we continue to play 3 at the back, I'm not too worried about a traditional DM.

Well we definately will need an upgrade on both Xhaka and Ceballos to have a top 4 quality midfield. The rest of the squad is good enough. Not sure if a three is sustainable long term either

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That wasn’t the rumor a few days ago. I’d rather wait then if he isn’t or go for Pau Torres. I have close to zero interest in KK.
He just signed a new contract this offseason that has a higher release clause that comes into effect next year. I think it’s like 60mil or something, so if he was to be sold this year it would have to be a good bit over next seasons release clause.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He just signed a new contract this offseason that has a higher release clause that comes into effect next year. I think it’s like 60mil or something, so if he was to be sold this year it would have to be a good bit over next seasons release clause.
I’m fine with that too. All these guys are better than Lindelof and at least equal to Maguire. The only guy that should be in our back line (including keeper) is AWB. De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof, and Shaw aren’t good enough. Henderson could be good enough but hasn’t shown it at United yet so I won’t judge him just yet. Get Reguilon, a young CB this window and a RW on loan (Bale/Costa) and then next window, Sancho and another CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad