Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 7: What a Messi in Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
JRA is frustrated by how Garcia uses him and you can't fault him.
When Depay, Dembele and Aouar leave, he'' get playing time.
But yeah playing time isn't on merit right now and Garcia will sink this team.

Reactions: Cassano

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not a good Inter source.
Since you ignored it last time (of course):

You posted an Italian source that isn't considered reliable to begin with, with speculation/rumor that has not been picked up by any of the reliable Inter or Chelsea reporters or anyone who is reliable at all, and declared it as a fact while refusing to back down. Gazzetta dello Sport is considered as reliable as the Daily Mail...

This and the club specific lists (the Manchester United and Chelsea ones have been posted before) really need to go at the front of every thread, and people need to read them: transfer_reliability_guide - soccer

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Frankly just because you say Gazetta (which is like L'équipe) is the equivalent of the Daily Mail doesn't make it right.
It just makes you look ignorant but so sure of yourself that you continue to assess things you don't know about.
Stick to Chelsea sources.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Frankly just because you say Gazetta (which is like L'équipe) is the equivalent of the Daily Mail doesn't make it right.
It just makes you look ignorant but so sure of yourself that you continue to assess thing you don't know about.
Stick to Chelsea sources.
I gave you a source for why I'm calling it unreliable, it's not "just me". For soccer transfers it's a clickbait tabloid peddling in unverified rumors. It does not have a track record of reporting things that come true.

Nizaar Kinsella is one of Chelsea's most reliable reporters.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So, lots of different sources in Italy like Di Marzio, Sky Italia, (probably all shitty since they're not Chelsea certified) are saying PSG are looking to sign Skriniar from Inter for 40M€, and that money would be used to sign Kante.
Inter trying to sign Kante is the reason why the Tonali deal was dropped by Inter.
Of course, those are all shitty rumors anyway.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So, lots of different sources in Italy like Di Marzio, Sky Italia, (probably all shitty since they're not Chelsea certified) are saying PSG are looking to sign Skriniar from Inter for 40M€, and that money would be used to sign Kante.
Inter trying to sign Kante is the reason why the Tonali deal was dropped by Inter.
Of course, those are all shitty rumors anyway.
I have never once disputed that Inter want Kante, that has been reported for weeks now. Conte loves him and wants him there, that is not a secret or surprising.

What was in dispute was the trash source you gave for what Chelsea would accept as a fee.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Magallan being loaned out to Crotone, with a buy option of 9M :laugh:. He’s the 4th CB who’s leaving; Pierie, Veltman, Magallan and Botman. Blind is also out with heart complications. Martinez, Alvarez, Timber and Rensch are the main options right now.

I have a bit of hope both Tagliafico and Onana will remain in Amsterdam another year. There’s a great generation knocking on the door, and I applaud Overmars for not getting reinforcements on the transfer market.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Regarding messi, the contract almost certainly reads something like: Player may, upon x days written notice to Club, terminate the Contract without penalty (the “Opt Out”). Such Opt Out may be exercised only for the period beginning with the day immediately following the final day of the Season, but no later than [June 30] of that same year.

This is really quick contractual drafting on my part, but you get the gist.

So the argument from Barcelona is that we’re past June 30. The argument from messi is the season ended in August. I think a court could come down either way and it depends on the actual language and any force majeure clauses.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
L'Equipe and FF report that PSG inquired about Depay.
No idea why they would be, he would never play anyway. And cause problems because of it.
I'd say it's Lyon trying to stir something around him since he doesn't have much of any big team after him except maybe Barca.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Magallan being loaned out to Crotone, with a buy option of 9M :)laugh:). He’s the 4th CB who’s leaving; Pierie, Veltman, Magallan and Botman. Blind is also out with heart complications. Martinez, Alvarez, Timber and Rensch are the main options right now.

I have a bit of hope both Tagliafico and Onana will remain in Amsterdam another year. There’s a great generation knocking on the door, and I applaud Overmars for not getting reinforcements on the transfer market.
WHat about Schuurs? Also Alvarez shouldnt be one of the starting CBs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kante is just an unrealistic target to move. With no real internal replacement, him moving would have to me us getting Rice from West Ham, and they are reluctant to sell. I just don't see either happening. We wouldn't sell Kante to bring in a backup option, we'd only do it to bring in a #1 target.

Reactions: Blender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
PSG make contact for Memphis Depay | Get French Football News
Barcelona, Dortmund and AC Milan are also monitoring the player’s situation, but no bids as of yet.

A front three of Memphis, Mbappe and Neymar would be pretty disgusting.

AC Milan certainly stands out like a sore thumb among PSG, Barcelona and Dortmund. I don't think it's overly surprising that all these top teams are keeping tabs on Memphis given how good he's been the last two years, and internationally. He's ready for the move; I suspect there's hesitation on all sides at the moment though to see how he recovers from the torn knee, as that can seriously affect a player's career going forward. He looked very good in the first game of the season (again in a new role) but will have to see against better competition. I think any team that gets him should be looking to use him at SS or CF because, well, he's always been better suited to that role, but with the knee injury I think it might be a necessary permanent move.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Milan is much more realistic.
Don't see the point for BVB, nor PSG.
Barca is only because of the Koeman link.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I wish it worked out at United but Memphis was far too immature at the time. But it's not all lost because it gave us one of my favorite stories of all time (I've posted it before)

The incident came after then-manager Louis van Gaal instructed Depay to play for United's reserve side, and Rooney tried to help his teammate before the game.

Rooney told The Times : “Memphis? He came on at Stoke away and messed up for their goal so Louis van Gaal made him play for the reserves the next day."

"I said, ‘Look, it’s a bit difficult [for you]. Just don’t come in with all your fancy stuff.’

"And he turned up for the reserve game in his Rolls-Royce, wearing a leather jacket and a cowboy hat. And I just thought, ‘What’s the point?’

Reactions: YNWA14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad