Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Bellerin is a bigger liability than Ashley Young. I take Son and his build up play over Auba. Now if you did Laca over Son fine but not Auba. Kane is the best striker in the PL with only Aguero being close. Also in what world is a mid tier keeper anywhere near a World Cup winning keeper?

Bellerin is great defensively and the best offensive fullback in the PL. I presume you haven’t watched him since 2017.

Aubas goalscoring, ability to find open space and pace is too valuable to leave out. He is the best striker in the PL which a Golden boot and brilliant goals per game ratio could support.

Leno is not a mid tier keeper, his reflexes are second to none and his distribution is brilliant. Lloris was horrible in the world cup and almost cost France the tournament, so bad argument. Performances over a year ago are not very important anymore either really in determening who is currently the best.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bellerin is great defensively and the best offensive fullback in the PL. I presume you haven’t watched him since 2017.

Aubas goalscoring, ability to find open space and pace is too valuable to leave out. He is the best striker in the PL which a Golden boot and brilliant goals per game ratio could support.

Leno is not a mid tier keeper, his reflexes are second to none and his distribution is brilliant. Lloris was horrible in the world cup and almost cost France the tournament, so bad argument. Performances over a year ago are not very important anymore either really in determening who is currently the best.
Oh man.... you are hopeless.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So we have a Mou is better than Poch because he won an EL a few trophies at United.

Mou is not really better anymore I would argue. The problem with Poch is that he never ever manages to win anything, that he can’t seem to motivate his players in important situations. Against teams who have a lot of possession, Poch is tactically outnumbered most of the time. He is an average coach.

Emery is better though and his way to develop players and high pressing style is very reminicent of Klopp.

If Pocchetino has better players like you say he does only finishing one point above Emery would indicate Emery is the better coach right.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mou is not really better anymore I would argue. The problem with Poch is that he never ever manages to win anything, that he can’t seem to motivate his players in important situations. Against teams who have a lot of possession, Poch is tactically outnumbered most of the time. He is an average coach.

Emery is better though and his way to develop players and high pressing style is very reminicent of Klopp.

If Pocchetino has better players like you say he does only finishing one point above Emery would indicate Emery is the better coach right.
Or how about losing their best player to injury? That could be a pretty good excuse.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not a single Spurs fan is bothered with Poch's lack of trophies. Spurs were never contending for the big ones before he came. But now they are. Very largely because of him.

They most definitely are not close to contending for anything. They are far from being a top 15 team in the world on paper. Besides an overachieving lucky CL final due to away goals X3 and not facing the big boys they haven’t come close. I was impressed with them
In the CL but that it litteraly the only time they where even in with a shot and they didn’t ha e much of a chance in the final. They are a fringe top 4 team and look like they could finish 4th, 5th or 6th next year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I never said anything about Dybala to Arsenal. Winning titles at a club with great young prospects and a manager with many titles on his CV is far more likely though.

Correct, I did, and rattling of the clubs' respective past accomplishments was your irrelevant reply.

Oh great, now you've done it. You just had to go and mention Dybala to Barça with that last statement. Now @Duchene2MacKinnon will never shut up about it.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Correct, I did, and rattling of the clubs' respective past accomplishments was your irrelevant reply.

Oh great, now you've done it. You just had to go and mention Dybala to Barça with that last statement. Now @Duchene2MacKinnon will never shut up about it.

Past achievements are what make a big club which was what we where discussing

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Bellerin the best offensive full back in the Premiership? You know the Liverpool guys already clog up these threads right?

As for the Auba bit,

57b450214e77ee4f27000001.jpg

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Bellerin the best offensive full back in the Premiership? You know the Liverpool guys already clog up these threads right?

As for the Auba bit,

57b450214e77ee4f27000001.jpg

Yeah, the Liverpool guys are better. I forgot about them. He is third at least. Auba is a superior player to Aguero though, Auba would score 35 playing for City

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No, it's not what we were discussing.

I misunderstood then I guess. Spurs are far from a world class team at the moment regardless. Neither is Arsena, but we are just as good as those ugly Sp*rs and their whole fanbase of five people. I would argue that Dybala is too good for both of us anyways

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
So even ignoring Laca over Kane which is laughable...but Aurier isnt a starter so that shows alone how clueless you are AB

Back on topic...Dybala is clearly a dream...but should we part with Eriksen for 70m+ he would be a perfect fit

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We are shit, but I will take solace in the fact that we won more trophies during our banter era than Spurs have in their best spell in decades.

We are rebuilding a broken squad, it will take years but the Saliba signing seems like a step in the right direction... I can't remember us signing a young defender with this level of raw talent in my years of following the team. We have a lot of offensive young talent coming through the ranks that are dominating, so I am less concerned there.

Emery's contract has a 3rd year club option, so they can move in a different direction altogether next summer. I'm not convinced he is the guy, but I think he can still provide value to transition to the next manager.

Ozil, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Mustafi contracts all run out in 2021, so we will see a whole different core altogether that won't be tied down to poor wage structure.

People will point to Spurs injuries last year, but Arsenal literally played without their 1st choice CB, 1st choice RB and back-up winger/striker since December. Obviously they have a better squad, but still they only finished ahead by 1 point Lol. Ndombele signing should put them comfortably in 3rd place though.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Better close this derailed thread (thanks to the gooners, getting rather common).

It gets derailed because you have non Spurs fans tossing Poch's salad and saying how great him and Spurs are.

I mean there wasn't even this much love for Simeone who accomplished a lot more than this fraud.

And when Wenger was doing the same thing that Poch is trying to copy all he got was mockery from everyone.

Reactions: S E P H

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It gets derailed because you have non Spurs fans tossing Poch's salad and saying how great him and Spurs are.

I mean there wasn't even this much love for Simeone who accomplished a lot more than this fraud.

And when Wenger was doing the same thing that Poch is trying to copy all he got was mockery from everyone.
It is only a matter of time before the English media will get up on his arse about not winning trophies IMO.

And I feel he'll be a PSG manager sometime in the future because they continuously recycle managers for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad