Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seems like really they want to sell in the article at least, not sure about the reliability.
I know what the article/media say. Ole/Pogba/etc. all say they aren’t going to sell him and see him fitting long term. I trust the actual club (for information not for building a team).

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I know what the article/media say. Ole/Pogba/etc. all say they aren’t going to sell him and see him fitting long term. I trust the actual club (for information not for building a team).

Clubs never try to make it seem like they are keen on selling a player, I would not read to much into what the club is saying. Actively saying they want to sell Pogba would obviously just be bad for transfer negotiations.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clubs never try to make it seem like they are keen on selling a player, I would not read to much into what the club is saying. Actively saying they want to sell Pogba would obviously just be bad for transfer negotiations.
The fact that they are actively talking about how he is a big part of their future is more telling to me.

Reactions: Fro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I love Zakaria, but I'm not sure he's quite City caliber...though I wouldn't be shocked if Pep could polish him into a truly world class 6, either.

Either way, if they did offer that kind of money for him, you almost have to take it just to see what Eberl could do with the extra funds.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal targetting Mexican winger, Orbelin Pineda for a potential winter move.

Any thoughts on him?

Just like basically every french talent ever, he is a childhood Arsenal fan. Just get it done Mikel. Partey-Pogba has everything.

I would kill for Pogba to come here, but I don't think United will sell him for 53 million to a direct superior rival. Probably will be in the 70-ish range even with Covid restrictions.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is that how it works?
Because Lille has David at 0 goal and Weah at 0 goal.
Both must be trash then.

He's also 24, and has never produced goals or assists. I could name you plenty of 24 year olds in comparable leagues with better numbers. They wouldn't be linked to Champions League teams. Mexican media is also notorious for making up rumors.

Your comparison doesn't make much sense. These are not comparable situations, at all.

I wouldn't suggest David or Weah are trash, but both have been hugely disappointing this season. There's also some further key differences. Weah has only played 132 total minutes in any competition for Lille the past two seasons mostly because of injury. I think thats hugely different from playing a lot and not producing. Weah actually has produced when he's played prior to joining Lille, but I also believe that his inability to return to form that would get him back into the lineup is disappointing and thats something he needs to do better with. I'm not blaming the coach for that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Weird you "forgot" David's minutes played (psst, it's 750 minutes with 0 goal and 1 assist)? Yet he's far from trash and yesterday had a great game at Milan for instance. You don't judge player based on a stat line. Maybe that guy is good or maybe he sucks. But to give a stat line and say "all you need to know" is a major problem in nowadays' player judgment. Iniesta once had a 0+0 season. And I don't think anyone can call him trash.

Weah has nothing to do with a team of Lille's quality. He's far from first team worthy. The team is deep and he isn't going to play. And he's produced before joining Lille? Like his one single league goal with PSG? Let's be serious. If he wasn't american, you'd call him trash like you do with the mexican player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weird you "forgot" David's minutes played (psst, it's 750 minutes with 0 goal and 1 assist)? Yet he's far from trash and yesterday had a great game at Milan for instance. You don't judge player based on a stat line. Maybe that guy is good or maybe he sucks. But to give a stat line and say "all you need to know" is a major problem in nowadays' player judgment. Iniesta once had a 0+0 season. And I don't think anyone can call him trash.

Weah has nothing to do with a team of Lille's quality. He's far from first team worthy. The team is deep and he isn't going to play. And he's produced before joining Lille? Like his one single league goal with PSG? Let's be serious. If he wasn't american, you'd call him trash like you do with the mexican player.

I’ve seen him play many times, and he’s not a player capable of playing for a team the caliber of Arsenal. I don’t know how many times it needs to be made apparent he’s not an Arsenal level player.
But sure, continue to be argumentative about this for the sake of it.

And I don’t care about David’s play that much. Let the Canadians debate that point. Although, I have read that he’s struggled a lot, so I’ll say that, but it’s not a point I care to debate.

Weah played at Rangers, as well. Did well there. You are using a lot of very strong language and exaggerating a lot. First of all, I never said Pineda is trash. Didn’t use any adjective anywhere close to that. And Weah isn’t trash. Players need to prove they are trash with their play on the field. It’s ridiculous to suggest a youngster is trash because he’s been injured for two years, and is now struggling to find form and return to a strong team after being injured for such a long time. There’s plenty of room between he’s not earned his way back into regular minutes and he’s trash.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I’ve seen him play many times, and he’s not a player capable of playing for a team the caliber of Arsenal. I don’t know how many times it needs to be made apparent he’s not an Arsenal level player.

And I don’t care about David’s play that much. Let the Canadians debate that point. Although, I have read that he’s struggled a lot, so I’ll say that, but it’s not a point I care to debate.

Weah played at Rangers, as well. Did well there. You are using a lot of very strong language and exaggerating a lot. First of all, I never said Pineda is trash. Didn’t use any adjective anywhere close to that. And Weah isn’t trash. Players need to prove they are trash with their play on the field. It’s ridiculous to suggest a youngster is trash because he’s been injured for two years, and is now struggling to find form and return to a strong team after being injured for such a long time. There’s plenty of room between he’s not earned his way back into regular minutes and he’s trash.
Actually you didn't say : he isn't good, I've seen him play. You gave his stat line as if it was the ultimate argument, when it's not one.

Even if David has struggled, does that make him a bad player?

Weah played at Rangers? First news. Please keep yourself informed. He played at Celtic (ouch!). And if you think he impressed there, two things : you need to keep yourself informed again, and the scot league isn't frankly of big quality, especially when you're at Celtic and smashing the other teams. Weah scored 3 goals in half a season and wasn't a factor.

Reactions: gary69

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

Watch a lot of the Mexican league do you?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Watch a lot of the Mexican league do you?
Don’t get me wrong I’ve never seen this kid play but if those are his stats are 24, I’d assume he’s not as Arsenal level player. Not that he couldn’t go to Europe or he’s bad or anything, just that only 1G and 1A in a much lower level doesn’t seem like Arsenal quality. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe Arsenal quality has lowered more than I realized but just my opinion.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Don’t get me wrong I’ve never seen this kid play but if those are his stats are 24, I’d assume he’s not as Arsenal level player. Not that he couldn’t go to Europe or he’s bad or anything, just that only 1G and 1A in a much lower level doesn’t seem like Arsenal quality. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe Arsenal quality has lowered more than I realized but just my opinion.

I'm not arguing for or against the player, I just doubt his claim that he's seen them play many times. He probably just looked up their scoring stats and is feigning expertise as usual.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, you get basic team facts wrong so it is hard to take your analysis serious. Confusing Rangers for Celtic is laughable for any serious soccer fan.

Damn, you got me there. I’m sure you are an expert on the matter because you used google and I decided to try to remember without google. What’s funny here is that I initially thought it was Celtic, but second guessed that and went with Rangers. It makes no real difference to any point I made, but sure, if it helps you to believe that your googling really exposes me, go ahead and believe that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Actually you didn't say : he isn't good, I've seen him play. You gave his stat line as if it was the ultimate argument, when it's not one.

Even if David has struggled, does that make him a bad player?

Weah played at Rangers? First news. Please keep yourself informed. He played at Celtic (ouch!). And if you think he impressed there, two things : you need to keep yourself informed again, and the scot league isn't frankly of big quality, especially when you're at Celtic and smashing the other teams. Weah scored 3 goals in half a season and wasn't a factor.

Why are you so argumentative? Do you have an opinion on Pineda? If not, why are you commenting?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not arguing for or against the player, I just doubt his claim that he's seen them play many times. He probably just looked up their scoring stats and is feigning expertise as usual.

I’ve watched him play a number of times in his seven season career at the club level. I don’t regularly watch LigaMX games, but have seen some games over the last seven years that he’s played in that league. He’s also played in CONCACAF Champions League, which I watch. He’s played 21 times for Mexico, a team I watch. He’s played for Mexican youth teams, a team I watch.

Who are you to be questioning what I’m saying? You should apologize for your nasty comment.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Well it does actually make a difference because if you had watched Weahs 13 games in Celtic green and white hoops, it would have been near on impossible to get that confused with Rangers blue. It makes me believe that you didnt watch any of the games but you somehow know he did well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well it does actually make a difference because if you had watched Weahs 13 games in Celtic green and white hoops, it would have been near on impossible to get that confused with Rangers blue. It makes me believe that you didnt watch any of the games but you somehow know he did well.

And who are you to be questioning what I have or haven’t watched? Should I make nasty statements about you?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And who are you to be questioning what I have or haven’t watched? Should I make nasty statements about you?

If you think Weah played for Rangers then yes there's definitely something in question. There's hardly anyone on the planet who would confuse Celtic and Rangers. If you said something like that at Ibrox or Parkhead they'd slap you.

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad