OT: Summer Olympics

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Sucks to see the USA eliminated, but on the other hand it's cool that Hope Solo is eliminated.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sucks to see the USA eliminated, but on the other hand it's cool that Hope Solo is eliminated.

Don't mind the Ladies being eliminated because it means Hope Solo goes away, for now. She does not represent the USA very well, IMO.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'll be happy when Hope Solo disappears from the spotlight for good. She is a bad person and I bet her team hates those comments.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I missed the game, what was the basis for her calling Sweden cowards?

Because sweeden was playing keep away in extra time not allowing the USA to score. Basically they are cowards because they didn't try and score on her and played for penalties

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Odds this loss spirals her into some new rage-induced scandal...

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Watching the USA Men's basketball team for the first time these Olympics and wow, what a joke. The USA is playing un-inspired ball, coasting, sloppy, etc... Prime display of why I dislike the NBA so much these days. Its not basketball.

Marv Albert has been filling the boredom with quotes and comments. My favorite quote I heard was attributed to Kevin Durant. Albert quoted Durant as saying "there is something mystical about playing in the Olympics". Sounded like Durant was saying how its hard to figure out how to play in the Olympics. Yeah the mystique is the NBA players are forced to play defense and traveling is actually called. I can see why Durant is mystified. :laugh:

Also, Albert said a couple times, while seeming to be confused by how close the game was, that the USA team had the 12 best players in the world on their team, which is debatable. Well maybe that is the problem. Maybe there should be 6 or 8 of the best players in the world, and the rest of the team made up of muckers that will play defense?

Much like I am happy that Hope Solo is out of these Olympics, I am leaning towards hoping the USA mens team loses at some point in these Olympics. They need to. This team has been coasting on the '92 teams legacy. Thats 24 years. Time for a wake up call. Throwing a bunch of so called "best in the world" on a team and letting them go threw the motions is beyond old. Hell, they should go back to college kids.

Rant over.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
How the hell did Canada beat France? Well, one of my countries eliminates the other. It had to come to that, but I wanted France to get through if I had to choose.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
USA has the 12 best individual players in the world, Serbia has a better basketball team. Thats why it was that close.

This USA team isn't that good. They play horrible defense, don't run a good offense and rely on talent way too much. Besides that, the USNT program is starting to slip back to where the best players don't want to play. It took losing some games (2004-2006) to get the best players back on board and taking it seriously again. Both Serbia and Australia played better basketball then the US

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The US has outscored their four opponents by a 424-310 margin. An average of 28.5 points/game. But they "aren't that good" against opponents that are "better teams" playing "better basketball." Got it.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The US has outscored their four opponents by a 424-310 margin. An average of 28.5 points/game. But they "aren't that good" against opponents that are "better teams" playing "better basketball." Got it.

First; the "not that good" was in comparison to other US teams, not Venezuala. Second; watch the games, they don't play well together and their defense is poor. This team is below the standard US team sent to the olympics. Australia shouldn't have been even close much less leading in the second half. Serbia had a open shot to send it to OT. Venezuala would get smoked in the NBA and they beat China. Falling back on rolling those teams isn't exactly something I would thump my chest about. Golden State would have too.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
i think Solo had a big save in penalty kicks that saved them for a while. She is good and she is angry. all the time. Don Cherry would love her.

Being good doesnt mean you have class. Thats for sure.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I really think Hope Solo turns up in the MMA. Or the WWE. I just see that happening :laugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I just hope that's the last time she wears the USWNT jersey. Playing for your country is arguably the highest honor an athlete can achieve and one that Solo doesn't appreciate and doesn't deserve. She's a horrible ambassador for the US, women athletes, and women in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->