OT: Summer Fitness Thread

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yeah, I eat mostly what I want, but I don’t stuff my face with junk. I drink beer when I want, I eat wings when I went. I limit maybe if have a side of fries or not or I switch to whiskey if I’m having more than a couple of beers, to keep the calories down a bit. I eat pasta, I snack on chips and queso sometimes. But a lot of meals are also grilled chicken, rice, guacamole and beans or just a steak and spinach. And I also don’t slam Oreos and donuts or Doritos, I drink virtually zero calories besides beer; I don’t drink and soda or juice, I take my coffee black. I’m 34 in a week and I’m still around 9% body fat while weighing 200lbs at 5’9, so not just a naturally thin person. I’m actually pretty thick but I’m able to stay lean while pretty much eating whatever I want.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m 34 in a week and I’m still around 9% body fat while weighing 200lbs at 5’9, so not just a naturally thin person. I’m actually pretty thick but I’m able to stay lean while pretty much eating whatever I want.
Wow. You are basically the size of Fraser. Well, one inch taller.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I will cede that when I talk about diet, I am not talking about doughnuts and cookies and soda. When I talk about eating, it is about something better than that.

And again, one can always find the time. Just depends on what one is willing to do.

One of the more memorable moments was finding out that you have to eat a good amount of food. And by food, I mean carbs as well. They are necessary.

well i was talking in terms of the original comment of eating anything you want and then just working out more...to me anything you want isn't just large quantities you are also mixing in junk food, fast food, etc because there is no limitations...

consuming enough calories is a lesson that most people fail to grasp and thats why so many people yo-yo diet. they starve themselves to hit a goal and then go back to eat 'normal' and gain it back. rather than a lifestyle change that can be maintained (which can include junk food just in moderation)...slow and steady wins the race

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
consuming enough calories is a lesson that most people fail to grasp and thats why so many people yo-yo diet. they starve themselves to hit a goal and then go back to eat 'normal' and gain it back. rather than a lifestyle change that can be maintained (which can include junk food just in moderation)...slow and steady wins the race
One of the things that I learned was that if you want to have real gainz, it is amazing on how much food needs to be eaten.

That said, I do not really restricts myself. Or rather maybe I just choose what consume is the better way. I do not really drink beer, but choose wine and scotch. No soda. No cookies or cakes. Certainly will have break, but will not sit down and eat a loaf. No chips. But if I want to have something to dip into a dip, I will. Love wings. Love fries. Love cooking with bacon fat. Will eat meat, fish, chicken, duck, rabbit, deer, etc.......

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
One of the things that I learned was that if you want to have real gainz, it is amazing on how much food needs to be eaten.

That said, I do not really restricts myself. Or rather maybe I just choose what consume is the better way. I do not really drink beer, but choose wine and scotch. No soda. No cookies or cakes. Certainly will have break, but will not sit down and eat a loaf. No chips. But if I want to have something to dip into a dip, I will. Love wings. Love fries. Love cooking with bacon fat. Will eat meat, fish, chicken, duck, rabbit, deer, etc.......

well obviously it depends on your goals, but what you consume is vital. if you are 'smart' about it you can eat a TON without the crazy calorie totals to go with it...and if you take the time to learn how to cook and use spices, you can have 'healthy' food that taste even better than junk and can eat a ton more of it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, I eat mostly what I want, but I don’t stuff my face with junk. I drink beer when I want, I eat wings when I went. I limit maybe if have a side of fries or not or I switch to whiskey if I’m having more than a couple of beers, to keep the calories down a bit. I eat pasta, I snack on chips and queso sometimes. But a lot of meals are also grilled chicken, rice, guacamole and beans or just a steak and spinach. And I also don’t slam Oreos and donuts or Doritos, I drink virtually zero calories besides beer; I don’t drink and soda or juice, I take my coffee black. I’m 34 in a week and I’m still around 9% body fat while weighing 200lbs at 5’9, so not just a naturally thin person. I’m actually pretty thick but I’m able to stay lean while pretty much eating whatever I want.

46yo, 5'10'', 165lb, 14% bfp, bald (but handsome)

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013
I HATE dieting. I eat literally whatever I want, well over 3000 per day but I play hockey in 4 different leagues and sometimes play 3 games in a single day. I’d much rather train like a dog and eat whatever I want than eat like a squirrel and live a sedentary life. I don’t get how so many people find dieting easier than exercise

you should adopt the TB12 diet so you can stop being a pylon on the ice.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Does anybody have any experience taking caffeine?

I've been considering a tablet or a gum to offset some of the calories from coffee and soda. And frankly, I'm just sick of being forced to drink coffee or soda every day as a chore.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I HATE dieting. I eat literally whatever I want, well over 3000 per day but I play hockey in 4 different leagues and sometimes play 3 games in a single day. I’d much rather train like a dog and eat whatever I want than eat like a squirrel and live a sedentary life. I don’t get how so many people find dieting easier than exercise

You’ll understand when you turn 30. I mean, both are hard in your 30s but it’s impossible to outwork a bad diet at that point.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Time to bring this thread back since it's almost summer aka the best time of year in my opinion.

What goals do y'all have fitness wise?

I have been running consistently since the pandemic with only a few breaks due to bad weather or work deadlines. I'm in the 15-20 miles range on most weeks.

I'd like to get in between 22-25 miles per week for the next 8-10 weeks and eventually bump it up to 30+ by the end of summer.

I was finally able to get some real dumbbells and kettle balls so do a lot of maintenance.

I'm able to go back to the gym in early June so I figured three days of weight training.

By July 4th I'd like to be in very good shape.

Post-Labor Day which seems like a realistic option to start going back to the office part-time, I'd like to have the gym fully re-integrated into my routine but rarely if ever use a treadmill again (all outdoor) except in the worst parts of winter.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Straight diet of meth... just soon as I get the veneers I’m set

I’m kidding but anyone looking to lose weight and get fitter, start small, beginning of the pandemic I cut all (but one can) of soda and just started small with better meals and healthier ones. Then brought in walking/sit-ups/cardio and I should move to weights now.

however just the simple changes I’m down 4 pants sizes without changing much. I look better but more importantly I feel better.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Couldn't find a good thread so I'll post in here.

Haven't played Roller in YEARS but I really want to get back into it. Any good places for pick up games on Long Island? I have skates and a stick lol.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

I've been considering a tablet or a gum to offset some of the calories from coffee and soda. And frankly, I'm just sick of being forced to drink coffee or soda every day as a chore.
An unlikely health supplement.
Joltcola1.png

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm

I take it rarely on long distance rides/run or during long triathlons. Caffeine is a great legal performance enhancer.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Couldn't find a good thread so I'll post in here.

Haven't played Roller in YEARS but I really want to get back into it. Any good places for pick up games on Long Island? I have skates and a stick lol.

roller is great yet those wheel edges burn fast

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Anybody do pull-ups regularly?
If done correctly probably the best back exercise...heck one of the best exercises period. Almost has become a fogotten exercise like the dumbbell pullover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad