OT: Summer Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Hunter Gathers, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Loki Dog 74 Dog of mischief

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Brand Manager
    I sometimes deadlift without shoes but as long as I’m wearing flat soles, like chucks or a crossfit sneaker I’m okay with keeping them on. Straps are a no lift in comp, obviously, but sometimes I’ll use straps for say 6x495 because while I know I have the grip strength for 600, I don’t have six reps at 500, so I can’t get the progressive overload to continue improving. Same for my dumbbell rows. My grip can handle about 100lbs for reps but my lats can handle 125, so in order to get the heaviest sets in I’ll use straps. They’re used very sparingly throughout my work though.

2. True Blue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Home Page:
    I get it. Sort of like me using the thin straps for snatches. Can't use them in comp or wods, but they tend to make a difference in heavier weight.

3. Trxjw Retired.

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Price isn't too big of a blocker as long as it's reasonable and that it's a good investment. Have a finished basement where it'll be going, but the ceiling is only 7 1/2 feet so that's a limiting factor. Was looking at Titan as an option but everyone seems to shit on them. I'll check out the ones you listed.

4. True Blue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Home Page:
    One of the things that you would want is for the bars on it to be adjustable and have the ability to move the j-cups around. This way it can be adjusted for various lifts.

5. Black Tank Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    So in England, the gyms opened up on July 25. My last lift was March 19. This is the longest time off I've ever had since I was 16 and I'm 51 now. I gained 7.5kg or about 17 pounds. BUT, there has been a silver lining: my long time nagging injuries are MUCH better.

Both my shoulder and groin were always weak areas due to previous injuries and would affect heavy lifts. Now with 4 months and change completely off, along with more sleep than usual and most definitely a caloric surplus, I've had the most pain free chest and legs days in decades.

Hope all of your gyms open up soon wherever you are.

McSauer likes this.
  6. haveandare Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Does anyone know where I could order 20lb dumbbells for a reasonable price? I donated my old ones when I moved and have been using the quarantine and WFH situation to get in shape again - don’t have a sturdy enough door frame for a pull up bar and my chest is getting out of balance with my back. Really need dumbbells to do rows but I can’t find them anywhere, presumably I’m not the only one trying to work out more from home with everything going on.

7. True Blue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Home Page:
    They may be available on Rogue. If not, you can go on their Notify list. That's how I got my kettle bells

haveandare likes this.
  8. haveandare Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Thanks! They’re out of stock but I signed up to be notified. Really wish I held onto my old ones. Hopefully they’re being put to good use by someone else at least.

9. True Blue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Home Page:
    I think that I was on a 6 week wait for my kettle bells.