OT: Summer Fitness Thread

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
My drunk inhibitions wouldn't let me do Keto

Granted, I still stay in pretty good shape and exercise regularly, usually stretch each morning and do a quick 30-40 slightly elevated and wide-spread pushups (hand distance as spread out as you can, does well for the entire upper body) and 30-40 inclined bench situps - then about 3 times a week I go to the gym to do some basic machine workouts, and some form of cardio between incline treadmill, elliptical if I have some work reading I am behind on, or the ladder machine we have which I really like

Not sure why I am going through all this but figured I might as well

Reactions: will1066

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Also, I recently passed the BAR and got a pretty good job as an attorney

Figured I post here enough that some people might be like "oh cool" haha

I also had no idea what thread to mention that in

Congrats! I know some folks in the legal field, and passing the BAR is no small feat!

Reactions: Alluckks

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Also, I recently passed the BAR and got a pretty good job as an attorney

Figured I post here enough that some people might be like "oh cool" haha

I also had no idea what thread to mention that in
We did have a career thread a while back. I started it when I was looking to start my career in finance.

Anyway congratulations!!

Reactions: Alluckks

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
:D

l7csxo1re6m6.jpg

Reactions: Krams and smoneil

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks guy - I had a conditional hire position lined up that I was working part time at, so it was also nice because if I failed I'd also be fired haha

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Keto training (apparently that is the thing around these parts now)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
My drunk inhibitions wouldn't let me do Keto

Granted, I still stay in pretty good shape and exercise regularly, usually stretch each morning and do a quick 30-40 slightly elevated and wide-spread pushups (hand distance as spread out as you can, does well for the entire upper body) and 30-40 inclined bench situps - then about 3 times a week I go to the gym to do some basic machine workouts, and some form of cardio between incline treadmill, elliptical if I have some work reading I am behind on, or the ladder machine we have which I really like

Not sure why I am going through all this but figured I might as well

You can Keto if you stay away from the beer and stick with the clear hard liquors.

One plus is you get buzzed much quicker on Keto, makes it much cheaper to enjoy yourself that way if thats your thing.

But as I've said before, Keto is hardly necessary. Is it great for fat loss? 100%, but if what you're doing works for you, keep doing it.

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I have never and will never put any of my clients on keto. It's not good for your body long term. Hell it's not good for your body short term.

There is literally nothing that supports this.

Just to clarify: Yes, some people are genetically dispositioned to not respond well to Keto and will see their lipid profiles just skyrocket on it, but thats a small portion of the population.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I feel (and look) better on low-carb diets. Keto is not for me simply because I find it too restricting.

Reactions: Richard Banger

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I feel (and look) better on low-carb diets. Keto is not for me simply because I find it too restricting.

This is the key.

I too feel and look better low carb, but I'm not a ketovangelist either. I think its easier to stick to things long term once you realize that you don't have to be militant to sticking to certain rules inside of any "diet" or eating style 100% of the time.

I keep my carbs pretty low on most days (higher if I'm going to do something crazy rigorous) but sometimes, I just need to crush a pizza.

Reactions: Crease

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
A huge chuck of dieting is mental. I try to tell people it's more of a life style change than a diet. That way its easier for them to let go of all this garbage they love so much because they realize that this isn't something temporary it's more permanent. Which is also why diets shouldn't have so many restrictions. Rather a good diet is flexible with how your body operates.

Reactions: Crease

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Some people don't have the self control to do anything that isn't restrictive.

I'm all for balancing things out and trying to be as nonrestrictive as possible, but different things are going to be ideal for different people, whether that be mentally, metabolically or physically.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Low carb diet is what I'm doing. I'll have carbs in the morning and 1st lunch (i have 2 lunches) and lay off the carbs after that. Have looked into keto and it did look extremely restrictive.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
This is the key.

I too feel and look better low carb, but I'm not a ketovangelist either. I think its easier to stick to things long term once you realize that you don't have to be militant to sticking to certain rules inside of any "diet" or eating style 100% of the time.

I keep my carbs pretty low on most days (higher if I'm going to do something crazy rigorous) but sometimes, I just need to crush a pizza.

I'm pretty dilligant 4-5 days a week to keto, but the weekends I let loose. Ice cream, pasta, pizza, fries, etc.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm pretty dilligant 4-5 days a week to keto, but the weekends I let loose. Ice cream, pasta, pizza, fries, etc.

Why do you cut loose on the weekends? Kinda wastes the 4-5 days of keto because you are back where you started.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I don't do any restrictions, but I do control myself. Ice cream, a couple of bites instead of the whole pint. A beer, not two or three. Freedom fries, yes, but once in a while.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Why do you cut loose on the weekends? Kinda wastes the 4-5 days of keto because you are back where you started.
Because I want to enjoy myself. Depending on what I eat, it could spike me 4-5 pounds, but my body is getting better at handling the spikes. I probably overstated what and how much I'm eating. I do cheat on the weekends but not like I'm going to the chair. Plus I still do intermittent fasting, and will occasionally do one meal a day.

Reactions: darko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad