Summer Development Camp, June 27-30 2018 (with French Connection Tournament Saturday)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Gallagher comparison is apt -- Kaleta was a dirty player who hit to hurt. Pekar is a pest with skills.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Good: Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Guhle, Asplund, Pilut, Olofsson, Glotov, Oglevie, Pekar.

Also liked Biro, Shepard, Snively, Aquin of the invitees/lesser known names.
This is pretty much exactly my list. Really liked biro, and then liked Borgen as well. Asplund mittelstadt olofsson and Dahlin were on another level

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Pilut was excellent. He will be playing in no time

I also agree with this. Pilut showed awareness on the ice, the ability to push the play right off of a sloppy shot, a quick shot in tight quarters. Also pushing it. I loved this, and you cannot teach the speed. Olofsson showed his shot was crisp accurate and tight as well as speed. I was super impressed with Asplund as he continued to show what we need, smart, skilled two way play. Working to steal the puck back, push it to the middle and do what he does which is facilitate. Kuukonen also showed a nice bit of skating, a good bit of two way play. It stinks that Nylander, Pu were both out. Imagine the sights that we could have seen with their speed involved. I like what I saw in smaller moments with Oglievie and Shepard especially for college kids. Lots of these kids showed something. I am hoping we take a shot at signing a few of these un-drafted players.

Reactions: Hellinator

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I like that Olofsson got to show his ridiculous release and then came back with that disgusting rush later.

Reactions: Chainshot

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I mentioned earlier the guys that sat out but totally forgot that Marcus Davidson wasn't skating either. There was some quality speed and skill missing on the ice this week.

Reactions: Chainshot

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Did any reporter ever, at any point, ask about Laaksonen and Davidsson?
Ask and you'll get shot down in two familiar ways.
"Sounds like a question someone without a journalism degree would ask."
Or
"What does it matter? They aren't making the team this year."

Reactions: lancaster14

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Would love some bad and ugly from those who were in attendance to go along with all this good....just to feel normal and whole again

Wasn't in attendance, but.....negatives?

For a guy in like his 4th dev camp, you'd think Cornel would be more than what he showed.
Johansson was meh.
Luce was a non-factor.
Kielly was not good, at all.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the “game”.
Guys I noticed (in a good way)
Asplund
Dahlin
Olofsson
Mitts
Pekar
Guhle
Glotov
Pulit
Shepard
Borgen
Aquin
Hickey

Saw Terry and Kim talking it up with the fans.

A nearly packed house.

It’s so nice to be around excited positive fans. It’s been too long.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Wasn't in attendance, but.....negatives?

For a guy in like his 4th dev camp, you'd think Cornel would be more than what he showed.
Johansson was meh.
Luce was a non-factor.
Kielly was not good, at all.

I thought Cornel looked pretty good. Better than I expected which wasn't a high bar.

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Mittelstadt has the hype but I was still impressed. One guy I thought looked better than expected was Olofsson. Kid has quite a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad