Summer Development Camp, June 27-30 2018 (with French Connection Tournament Saturday)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
June? Last year it was July 8 - 11. I've been trying to plan around going based on that. Ugh - I really hope it's the second weekend-ish in July again. Any confirmed dates?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, I don't have the start date yet but Botterill stated it is the week after the draft so that's next week for sure.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I need dates so I can plan. I already told the boss I'll probably be taking a half day off or two. Ugh - was so much better at the same time as last year.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Coincidentally, I’ll be in WNY for work next week. May change my return travel plans...

Tuesday edit: Work timing would likely prohibit me from attending anything but the 3-on-3 Saturday, and it's only a couple hours I think, 10:45-1:00, and the STH requirement thwarts me.

3-on-3 format??? Speculating...

3 teams (Perreault, Martin, Robert)?
2 x 20 min period games?
10 min between periods
3 games total
each team plays 2 games
so, 80 min skating per team

or maybe a less strenuous schedule: 15 min periods, 15 min between periods, 60 min total skating per team, finish in ~2hr 15 minutes.

Last edited:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Hum... may have to make an appearance this year. Been a while since this many intriguing prospects.

edit: And there's the announcement:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I need dates so I can plan. I already told the boss I'll probably be taking a half day off or two. Ugh - was so much better at the same time as last year.

Some of my favorite memories of it were when they would be at the arena and Whammer and I would walk down, work remotely while watching the sessions, and then walk back to the office.

Reactions: Dingo44

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Not too happy seeing the tournament being a STH only event. A friend and his wife and son were hoping to catch some hockey while they are here from KC. So if anyone knows of any STH holders who wont attend I'm looking for possibly 5 tickets

Reactions: brian_griffin

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Well I'd go but I want the 3 on 3 and obviously I'm not a season ticket holder. That's nonsense. And watching it on that streaming with the camera zooming all over the place as if run by a drunken child is no substitute.

Why not just move it to the Arena like before? Or actually have a real game? They basically sold out the Eichel vs Reinhart one in 2015.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I assume Dahlin will be there and season ticket sales probably aren't breaking any records despite finally winning a lottery. So maybe treating it as a perk/incentive for people on the borderline of getting seasons.

I haven't gotten the sense that the lottery win & Dahlin have generated the same "the pain is over now we'll win!" type of hype that Eichel did. *shrugs*

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is a week sooner than I can make. So yet again, I'll be yearning to attend and trying to gather information from afar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->