Sulak sent to GR

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
he looked good in the preseason and has some talent, but it has been pretty tough for him since game 2 or 3 of the season. This is a good move, he should be a pretty good AHL defender, although i would have preferred hicketts to be sent down

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
They probably figure Hicketts is what he is at this point. WHen guys get healthy he can sit in the press box if he has to. Sulak seems to have some untapped potential that getting used to North American ice and things like that could help. Makes sense to send him down and work onpositioning and things like that

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Understandable. I think he may have a future with the team, probably a bottom pairing guy, but this wasn't the year for him. Hicketts is definitely next.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
This isn't a bad decision. He has more to gain from playing a lot in GR than someone like Hicketts. In the end his skill and head may ultimately prevent him from being a solid NHLer, but we won't know if that is the case until we remove the NA ice variable. While he makes some nutty reads at time, he is surprisingly strong in one-on-one coverage/battles and his athleticism and reach allow him to recover from some sketchy decisions. His hands and passing will prevent him from getting off the bottom pair at the NHL level but we have certainly seen worse.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
^^^ Great evaluation. I'm happy for him in either league, you can tell he loves the game. The trip of making in the NHL and fans here getting to see him has been fun. With the confidence instilled he might tear the AHL a new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad