Suggestion on Skates to Buy

RogerRoeper*

Hey everyone

Its about time I spend some cash on some new skates my old CCM Tacks 452 I got in Minor Batham are falling apart from the rivets on the bottum to the toe being sawed off from playing defence so many years.

Cost isn't much of a issue because I'm sure I won't be buying a new pair of skates after these one, So I want my money worth.

Just some facts about me if it helps, I have a low skating stride(think Taylor Hall) I'm an average skater at best IMO but I do have wheels for my size, I'm 160 pounds about 5"7.

When I tied my skates I like the laces long skates tight and have the laces tied behind my skates and having the tongue of the skate tucked when wearing shin pads and socks.

Thanks any suggestion would be greatley appreciated never bought new skates before.

esuhock22

Jan 24, 2011
Hey everyone

Its about time I spend some cash on some new skates my old CCM Tacks 452 I got in Minor Batham are falling apart from the rivets on the bottum to the toe being sawed off from playing defence so many years.

Cost isn't much of a issue because I'm sure I won't be buying a new pair of skates after these one, So I want my money worth.

Just some facts about me if it helps, I have a low skating stride(think Taylor Hall) I'm an average skater at best IMO but I do have wheels for my size, I'm 160 pounds about 5"7.

When I tied my skates I like the laces long skates tight and have the laces tied behind my skates and having the tongue of the skate tucked when wearing shin pads and socks.

Thanks any suggestion would be greatley appreciated never bought new skates before.

Go to your local hockey shop and try whatever you want on. Everyones foot is different. Personally, I like Bauer.

rwr

Nov 4, 2009
Go to your local hockey shop and try whatever you want on. Everyones foot is different. Personally, I like Bauer.

this is the best advice, it all personal preference . i like my rbk 9k's but i would like to find some total ones' or one 100's this summer/fall

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Agree with previous 2 posters as it couldn't be any more simpler : GET WHAT FITS

If you're looking to get skates that will last you; I'd avoid the Stealths unless you absolutely love the fit. Also Higher end skates are built with better/stiffer materials that wont break down as quickly.

esuhock22

Jan 24, 2011
Agree with previous 2 posters as it couldn't be any more simpler : GET WHAT FITS

If you're looking to get skates that will last you; I'd avoid the Stealths unless you absolutely love the fit. Also Higher end skates are built with better/stiffer materials that wont break down as quickly.

Very good point. I had a pair and actually really liked the performance, but the durability was terrible, especially for a more pricey skate.

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
Wanted Bauer One70s, but after trying skates on i went with Reebok 6Ks. Point is, walk in and see what fits best for your price range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->