Suggestion on Skates to Buy

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by RogerRoeper*, Aug 13, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. RogerRoeper*

RogerRoeper* Guest

Hey everyone

Its about time I spend some cash on some new skates my old CCM Tacks 452 I got in Minor Batham are falling apart from the rivets on the bottum to the toe being sawed off from playing defence so many years.

Cost isn't much of a issue because I'm sure I won't be buying a new pair of skates after these one, So I want my money worth.

Just some facts about me if it helps, I have a low skating stride(think Taylor Hall) I'm an average skater at best IMO but I do have wheels for my size, I'm 160 pounds about 5"7.

When I tied my skates I like the laces long skates tight and have the laces tied behind my skates and having the tongue of the skate tucked when wearing shin pads and socks.

Thanks any suggestion would be greatley appreciated never bought new skates before.

2. esuhock22

esuhock22 Registered User

Go to your local hockey shop and try whatever you want on. Everyones foot is different. Personally, I like Bauer.

3. rwr

rwr Registered User

this is the best advice, it all personal preference . i like my rbk 9k's but i would like to find some total ones' or one 100's this summer/fall

4. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

Agree with previous 2 posters as it couldn't be any more simpler : GET WHAT FITS

If you're looking to get skates that will last you; I'd avoid the Stealths unless you absolutely love the fit. Also Higher end skates are built with better/stiffer materials that wont break down as quickly.

5. esuhock22

esuhock22 Registered User

Very good point. I had a pair and actually really liked the performance, but the durability was terrible, especially for a more pricey skate.

6. nullterm

nullterm Registered User

iPhone game developer
    Wanted Bauer One70s, but after trying skates on i went with Reebok 6Ks. Point is, walk in and see what fits best for your price range.

7. OpenIceHit42

OpenIceHit42 Registered User

I jumped from Tacks (9 years in them) to Eastons, absolutely love the Easton line