Sugar Land, Tx., NAHL expansion team

MinWild1

May 25, 2012
Hopefully its at least the NAHL, Houston deserves better than the NA3HL and WSHL. Nothing wrong with thoughs two leagues, but Houston should have better quality hockey then that. Houston should have an AHL or ECHL team, if there gonna get junior hockey they should get one of the better junior leagues in the U.S.

Aero 75

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
Hopefully its at least the NAHL, Houston deserves better than the NA3HL and WSHL. Nothing wrong with thoughs two leagues, but Houston should have better quality hockey then that. Houston should have an AHL or ECHL team, if there gonna get junior hockey they should get one of the better junior leagues in the U.S.

Appears it will be NA3HL for Sugar Land, and to be honest, it would take more time than they have to update the arena to NAHL standards for next season. For comparison, Corpus Christi was 2nd in NAHL attendance at 3,300 per game. I can't see Sugar Land Ice coming close to that for capacity, but they should be OK for NA3HL with some refurbishments. I am just glad to finally see some junior hockey in the Houston area, and I will drive across town to catch a few games.

Although Sugar Land is a suburb of Houston, I wouldn't say this is a replacement for the Aeros. Houston needs to build a new arena, specific for a hockey team, before AHL (or ECHL) hockey returns to Houston. That's just the way it has to be, so Houston's hockey fans don't have to say goodbye to our team again. Not going to be an easy task, and it will be several years, before that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad