Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Yeah, getting put through the boards from behind. Such a soft player. Guess Romani is soft for North Bay, same with Dom?

He didn't pull the pin, he's injured.
Didn't he come back in overtime though? I saw someone post that he came back around the 16 minute mark. I mean, he could have been injured and played through it and now it's worse.. but who knows.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Didn't he come back in overtime though? I saw someone post that he came back around the 16 minute mark. I mean, he could have been injured and played through it and now it's worse.. but who knows.
He did come back. That's not uncommon for a player to play through and injury then miss further games, adrenaline is a hell of a drug. Or does that mean Vondras quit on the team when he finished a game and then missed some to injury? I'm unsure now.

Reactions: dirty12

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Yeah, getting put through the boards from behind. Such a soft player. Guess Romani is soft for North Bay, same with Dom?

He didn't pull the pin, he's injured.

He nailed it as in Musty not playing tonight. It sucks he got injured on that play. If North Bay can win without Romani, Wolves need to answer the bell without Musty. It all starts tonight

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
He nailed it as in Musty not playing tonight. It sucks he got injured on that play. If North Bay can win without Romani, Wolves need to answer the bell without Musty. It all starts tonight
Wouldn't you agree saying "Musty will pull the pin" does not imply he's injured, rather that he quit/gave up?

I apologize if you don't mean to agree with it being worded that way.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
It's do or die night tonight for Sudbury, as well as Ottawa and Kitchener.

Starting goalies and lineup will be posted here in bold around 5PM.

Vondras with the start or do you guys think they go with Krawchuk?

I think Vondras, but you never know.

Reactions: djscooter

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
It's do or die night tonight for Sudbury, as well as Ottawa and Kitchener.

Starting goalies and lineup will be posted here in bold around 5PM.

Vondras with the start or do you guys think they go with Krawchuk?

I think Vondras, but you never know.
I think they should go with Krawchuk, they've got nothing to lose at this point and he'll be around next year. I think they will go with Vondras and Krawchuk will be in the stands.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
I think they should go with Krawchuk, they've got nothing to lose at this point and he'll be around next year. I think they will go with Vondras and Krawchuk will be in the stands.
Therrien is in according to the lineup but they have Nolan Laird listed as reserve. I'm thinking Therrien is game time decision. They didn't have a reserve player on Tuesday.

Reactions: dirty12

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I’m so tired of these ass clowns complaining that guys are rolling around when they’re really injured. North bay is damn lucky they’re not looking at a suspension The same with Zane P yesterday he didn’t play in the Soo and some idiot fans were saying he was doing the same thing last game. Yes adrenaline can carry you a long way. If you’ve ever been in a fight, you know that you’re a hell of a lot more sore the day after. Anyway, I hope we give them some bumps and bruises to remember us by and for the love of all that is holy, don’t get swept at home

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Saginaw media apparently said Parekh was sick last game.
Well, perhaps, but I stand by my point and you guys are damn lucky Barker is not suspended or maybe that player threw himself into the boards. Question for you, is it just me or does Saginaw appear to be lacking toughness for all the problems the Wolves have you would’ve had a hell of a lot more pushback if their guys had been knocked around the way I’ve seen.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Vondras is your starter, Vandy the backup

Nolan Jackson in, Musty out.

1st - Giroux - Delic - Goyette
2nd - no one - Dvorsky - McCallum
3rd - Walton - Villeneuve - Konyen
4th - Yearwood - Pharand - Coughlan

D1 - Anania - McCoy
D2 - DeAngelis - Collins
D3 - Van Vliet - Mania
D4? - Jackson

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Well, perhaps, but I stand by my point and you guys are damn lucky Barker is not suspended or maybe that player threw himself into the boards. Question for you, is it just me or does Saginaw appear to be lacking toughness for all the problems the Wolves have you would’ve had a hell of a lot more pushback if their guys had been knocked around the way I’ve seen.
Why would we be lucky Barker isn't suspended he basically stopped and did all he could to avoid contact but everyone is entitled to their opinion

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

D1 - Anania - McCoy
D2 - DeAngelis - Collins
D3 - Van Vliet - Mania
D4? - Jackson
I would move up Yearwood and put Pryce on the fourth line.

WJ

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Anyone got the scouting report on this no one kid?

D1 - Anania - McCoy
D2 - DeAngelis - Collins
D3 - Van Vliet - Mania
D4? - Jackson
Wolves will also have all 15 draft picks in attendance today, good to see

Stat from Ben Leeson and company

TheRailBird2

Oct 4, 2023
Is tonight the night?
That the Wolves play to their potential and win a game?

It is now 6190 days since May 8, 2007. That is the last time the cursed Sudbury franchise won a playoff game in any round other than the first round.

Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5 had just bumped Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne at the top of the music charts. Spider-Man 3 was leading the way at the box office.

That day the singer Prince announced 21 concert dates in London England.

That day was 16 years, 11 months and 10 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad