Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Every coach on the team is from the north and or originally from Sudbury. Not including GM and Asst GM. I understand have a northern representation but mix it up some
And that’s why the wolves don’t win. The local coaching braintrust aren’t at the level to run teams in the OHL- they’ve proven it with flying colours this season. They need to hire people with some pedigree if they want success. Everything is always Mickey Mouse when it comes to the hockey ops.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
The team could be good as long as Musty and the right OAs return.

Musty-Delic-Coughlan
Walton-Villeneuve-Pharrand

DeAngelis-McCoy
Mania
Jackson-Blonda

That is a good top of the line-up with plenty of size next season imo.
Add Hudson Chitaroni, Hudson Martin and Marshal MCCharles to the mix…

Reactions: Whoppy52

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Yes get back some of those 2's that was given this past deadline. Wolves actually have some good trading assets.

Probably the last time you'll see konyen in a wolves uniform. More than likely play school hockey. Dont think theirs a market for him as an OA in this league. Guess we'll see
Boudreau found a spot last year. No reason why Konyen wouldn't

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
And that’s why the wolves don’t win. The local coaching braintrust aren’t at the level to run teams in the OHL- they’ve proven it with flying colours this season. They need to hire people with some pedigree if they want success. Everything is always Mickey Mouse when it comes to the hockey ops.
its bizarre how often they dip into the loal guys, i know they checked in with others, but i think papineau rubs alot of guys the wrong way with interviews, hes very confident

Wolves currently with the 36th pick. Probably looking forward. should I mention the word "goaltender"

at some point they have to develop from within?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
North Bay needed a house cleaning to get where they are...Dennis is so good..he will be gone soon........replacing Stan was key...must have been hard for Abbott..friends and all.....how about mike Foligno in Sudbury....let him choose his staff...maybe even GM for him.....new rink would be appealing...

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
North Bay needed a house cleaning to get where they are...Dennis is so good..he will be gone soon........replacing Stan was key...must have been hard for Abbott..friends and all.....how about mike Foligno in Sudbury....let him choose his staff...maybe even GM for him.....new rink would be appealing...
probably getting commissioners job

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do not at all want Jan Egert as he puts too much reliance on metrics for my taste. If weight on functions of the player equation is different than others the margin for error can be compounded; a good way to end up with two 5’5” speedy forwards by round 4 imo, or too small a team after a few years.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Do not at all want Jan Egert as he puts too much reliance on metrics for my taste. If weight on functions of the player equation is different than others the margin for error can be compounded; a good way to end up with two 5’5” speedy forwards by round 4 imo, or too small a team after a few years.

dumbest comment I've heard in awhile, I take Ottawa management over most in the OHL.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
I want a complete house cleaning. Papineau and everyone else gonzo. These guys embarrassed themselves with what they did this season. Watching NB vs Osh and Ldn vs Sag can see easily how much better those teams were than the wolves. Dario needs to hire real hockey people in time for the new arena. No more local guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad