Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Really puts into perspective how big the jump is to the NHL. Byfield along with other early first round picks just have to do their time. We watch OHL hockey and tend to over evaluate the players next step, example, he won’t be back next season he will be playing in the NHL. Teams are so deep on the farm and the farm is where you learn the systems and as the article states, to gain your confidence. Rushing players directly into the show like in the past has ruined more than a few players.

Lanny

May 9, 2012
Really puts into perspective how big the jump is to the NHL. Byfield along with other early first round picks just have to do their time. We watch OHL hockey and tend to over evaluate the players next step, example, he won’t be back next season he will be playing in the NHL. Teams are so deep on the farm and the farm is where you learn the systems and as the article states, to gain your confidence. Rushing players directly into the show like in the past has ruined more than a few players.

I would not be so quick to put Quinton in the NHL next year. Although he is doing well in the AHL, he is not ready for the NHL. He currently has one of the worst plus minus on the team. I would think the Kings would want him to dominate the OHL and play a better/bigger role with the world juniors.
So before anyone attacks my thoughts, I am just responding to the games I watch on the AHL package. Never know as I am not with the Kings organization and just a fan of the OHL. Being a second overall pick, there may be pressure within the organization to bring him up. Listening to a Kings scout on the NHL network on Sirius radio, it sounded like they want to take their time with him.

Reactions: justawolfan

Lanny

May 9, 2012
This weekend was supposed be the OHL draft weekend, but it has been pushed to June 5th. Wonder if there is some kind of tournament planned? May be a good chance to get a late round gem. Shows the importance of scouting U14 players as well as U16 players.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Has anybody heard how Jack Thompson did thisyear? Any rumors of an appearance in Syracuse?

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Feel bad for Wolves fans, with the official cancellation if the OHL season, looks like we have seen the last of Byfield in the OHL, doubt the King's would send him back for a 2021-22 OHL season
I feel bad for the players so much development lost for most of them.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Feel bad for Wolves fans, with the official cancellation if the OHL season, looks like we have seen the last of Byfield in the OHL, doubt the King's would send him back for a 2021-22 OHL season
A shame for sure. Thank you, you are a good egg ;)

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Nice win for UPL...two bad goals with pucks bouncing of his own players...congratulations Ukko

Reactions: cub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->