Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not eligible for AHL age rule

‘conditioning’ stints excepted? If I recall correctly, Hawel (edit-Hayton) had a conditioning stint down on the farm some time after recovering form an injury suffered at the WJC last season

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I believe overage yr or if you played 4 years in the ohl and you were 19 you were eligible

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
I believe overage yr or if you played 4 years in the ohl and you were 19 you were eligible

As per the AHL the player needs to be 18 years of age before September 15th. The CHL-NHL agreement states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

If there's no OHL for the 2020-21 season would that not make him eligible?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
As per the AHL the player needs to be 18 years of age before September 15th. The CHL-NHL agreement states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

If there's no OHL for the 2020-21 season would that not make him eligible?
Yes - they can go to the AHL/ECHL if the OHL does not have a season. Same thing as kids going each year after their team's season has ended. They must be 18, re- draft eligible . If the OHL has a season they must play for the OHL. Right now the OHL is " planning" a delayed season so these kids would not be able to go until the OHL cancelled the season. Then they are free to go. The kids could be "loaned" by their OHL team but I'm not clear on the agreement between the OHL and the AHL/ECHL. So for now there only seems to be "loaned" players heading to Europe.

Reactions: Wisdom

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.22.22 AM.png

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Take it for what you will, but I'm hearing Wolves are looking into Owen Perala of Rayside if the season gets going

I don't know in what capacity (my guess is as a call up when needed)

Reactions: cub and howlman

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Take it for what you will, but I'm hearing Wolves are looking into Owen Perala of Rayside if the season gets going

I think he's worth signing as as affiliate player at the least, big kid and seems to be able to score.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I think he's worth signing as as affiliate player at the least, big kid and seems to be able to score.
Yeah that's the term I was looking for, thanks Cub!

He sure can score I don't know if it'll come to fruition though, but like I said about Stillman in the winter, keep it in the back of your mind.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Hutch should have been an OA but not sure that was Pappy's plan. Glad all of the players are looking for alternatives. Too many kids just being shelved. Health of all comes first but it has to be crushing to these kids the way things have ended.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

He was at Gens training camp the last 2 years. Big kid who will fight, although he did get beat up by Mitchell Brewer in a fight at Gens camp last year on the first day then had to wear a full cage the rest of the time, didn't look to provide much else though

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
He was at Gens training camp the last 2 years. Big kid who will fight, although he did get beat up by Mitchell Brewer in a fight at Gens camp last year on the first day then had to wear a full cage the rest of the time, didn't look to provide much else though
Yeah, we will see what happens. Who even knows if we're going to have an OHL season at this point.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yeah, we will see what happens. Who even knows if we're going to have an OHL season at this point.

Not sure how familiar you guys are with Tye McSorley of the Gens but Perala would provide a similar style game to him. Although Perala is a 2002 so a year younger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad