Sudbury Wolves 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Can't see Lennox being available. Good chance he will be the #1 guy next year. Incze in Windsor will likely be available if you are ok with an OA option.

If an OA is ok (have to move Carson), Propp, Popovich, Vilalta would probably be better fits

Reactions: hockieguy

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You were crying in here a month leading into the playoffs. I think even apologizing at one point. And you call me negative. Thats the pot calling the kettle! You may look older from all the elbow bending but surely not near my age.

WJ
Ok then :eek: Not sure what you’re on about pal. I just found your comment about the younger generation funny since I think most of us on here are older that’s all. Too defensive man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I would take a shot at Propp. He's an OA and he will be the guy available from NB. Lennox will never be available in Saginaw as he will be there future in net. Ingham? Missy is no better off in the goalie depth either. Ranger will be their starter in a couple years, but beyond him, they're stuck too. Weeks and Lemaire are a couple years away from being true starters, and I not sold on Lemaire. The Wolves need to acquire a 19-20 year old goalie that is above the league average for his experience and do the fact that that will help with their defence that is really below average. The stretch with their goalie gone, they were outscored 27-13. This is not all goalie. The issue of goalie and defence are the most pressing issue. So playing the " who plays with who" strategy will not really change the fact that there are some major wholes in this lineup next year.

Reactions: dirty12

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I would take a shot at Propp. He's an OA and he will be the guy available from NB. Lennox will never be available in Saginaw as he will be there future in net. Ingham? Missy is no better off in the goalie depth either. Ranger will be their starter in a couple years, but beyond him, they're stuck too. Weeks and Lemaire are a couple years away from being true starters, and I not sold on Lemaire. The Wolves need to acquire a 19-20 year old goalie that is above the league average for his experience and do the fact that that will help with their defence that is really below average. The stretch with their goalie gone, they were outscored 27-13. This is not all goalie. The issue of goalie and defence are the most pressing issue. So playing the " who plays with who" strategy will not really change the fact that there are some major wholes in this lineup next year.

I for one think the young defence core we iced last year will be well average next year. This is a good group of 18-17 y/o. I really feel like we can get a quality starter in the import draft. I don’t feel like we have very much to trade if we want to make a move at the deadline to go all in... just my opinion.

hammer4424

Sep 28, 2018
What about trying to trade for Roy in Hamilton? A northern kid, would have him for 2-3 years.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I for one think the young defence core we iced last year will be well average next year. This is a good group of 18-17 y/o. I really feel like we can get a quality starter in the import draft. I don’t feel like we have very much to trade if we want to make a move at the deadline to go all in... just my opinion.

Time is the only way to tell what is what. The defence may surprise and be that good, at this point I don't see it as so.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Our OA options are pretty much set for next season.

Bulitka is a lock in my eyes. Stillman loves this guy. He was by far one of our best forwards in the Ottawa series. He keeps improving and each year his point totals go up. 60-70 point guy next season. Could be our captain next season or Byfield for captain.

Then pick 2 from the following: Levin, DeMeo, Carson

Arguments could be made for all three. Wolves will probably carry these 4 OA's to start the season and go from there.

Levin could be a huge point producer for the Wolves next season, but he always gets hurt.

DeMeo made a huge difference to our young D core, especially paired with Ross. We really missed him in the playoffs.

Wolves we're spoiled with UPL this season. It will be hard for most to come back down to earth and accept reality in regards to our goaltending for next season. We won't see another UPL for 20-30 years. There's no guarantee the Import draft we find a goalie that can step right in and be solid (just look at Barrie and Zhukov). I think the Wolves ride with Weeks, Bowman, Lemaire to start the season and see what they have internally, and if they all fail to provide average goaltending early on, Paps will go out and make a trade early on. I'm hoping one of them steps up big time and proves us wrong.

Two huge selections coming up in the Import draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: cub

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I don't think DeMeo is an option next year for OA. He's a decent defenseman and good person to have in the room but hes a bit injury prone and slow and I'm not even sure he slots into the top 4 next year with what comes back on D and who gets picked in the import draft. Find him a team closer to home for his OA season if possible

Reactions: cub

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hello to all Wolves fans from an OS Attack supporter.
First off, what a great season your team had this year, too bad you ran into a hot 67's team in the first round of the playoffs.
In looking at your 99/OA players, I would like to know what you think the Wolves management might want in return for 99 LW/Macauley Carson?

Last edited:
Reactions: justawolfan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
First off, what a great season your team had this year, too bad you ran into a hot 67's team in the first round of the playoffs.
In looking at your 99/OA players, I would like to know what you think the Wolves management might want in return for 99 LW/Carson?

Early in the season, if they move Carson I imagine they'll be looking for draft picks which would be dealt later in the season. However, I don't foresee Carson being on the move.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
In looking at your 99/OA players, I would like to know what you think the Wolves management might want in return for 99 LW/Carson?
I think either a skater with some potential but who's been somewhat disappointing to date (reclamation), or picks (don't know typical OA return prices as normally we (over) pay not buy

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't think DeMeo is an option next year for OA. He's a decent defenseman and good person to have in the room but hes a bit injury prone and slow and I'm not even sure he slots into the top 4 next year with what comes back on D and who gets picked in the import draft. Find him a team closer to home for his OA season if possible
Well in that case he would have been pretty expensive for his return.

Reactions: hockieguy

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

As is, I don’t think the D is near equal to the ‘67s, Petes, Gens going into next season. Probably closer the middle of the conference with Barrie and Kingston.

Last edited:

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I think either a skater with some potential but who's been somewhat disappointing to date (reclamation), or picks (don't know typical OA return prices as normally we (over) pay not buy

Whomever is moved, I would suggest they pick up an O/A defenceman. One that will bring stability, and a little bit of sandpaper to the backend.

Reactions: justawolfan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Returning D: Philips, Thompson, Stratis, Serensits, Ross
Potentially returning: DeMeo

In addition to a few prospects from the 18 draft.

I don't think they really need D that badly. They need a goalie and forward depth.

I think Stratis, Ross, Philips, and Thompson will be a pretty good top 4 in 2020-21 with Serensits having the upside to maybe land an OA spot with a rebuilding team. But, the wolves won’t be contending minus Bulitka, Byfield, Carson, Levin, and at least two of 2000 born forwards. Add a top D and goalie while the rest of the central appears a year away from contention, imo.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I think Stratis, Ross, Philips, and Thompson will be a pretty good top 4 in 2020-21 with Serensits having the upside to maybe land an OA spot with a rebuilding team. But, the wolves won’t be contending minus Bulitka, Byfield, Carson, Levin, and at least two of 2000 born forwards. Add a top D and goalie while the rest of the central appears a year away from contention, imo.
The Wolves need a number 1 goalie, a top defensive pairing (all of our guys 2nd parking guys at the moment) and another scoring forward to have any chance to contend. Ottawa I believe returns almost all of their defensive core. And solid core of forwards and a number 1 goalie. They can easily be the favourite already for the 2019-20 season. Sudbury has to make two huge splashes in the import draft. If they can’t find a goalie then I hope they land two big pieces that can bring an immediate impact up front or on defence. Then some trades can be made to fill the net and add that important piece whether up front or on defence.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad