Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
old man yells at cloud.jpg

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
There is no way that they will be playing anymore this season.
No one knows anything definitive but it sure wouldn't surprise me. At this point it would be a welcome surprise if somehow the playoffs were salvaged but considering they're kids and not pros it's unlikely.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
So looking ahead at the draft...forward obviously will be the need. Thoughts on this?

OA's ..would not keep Gilhula as he is injury prone and not worth the risk. Cut Purboo loose for anything. Not a great crop of OAs imo. Thoughts on this?

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
average to below average OAs next year. I would look at trading for an OA goalie like Cedrick Andree, keep Samuelsson if you think hes going to continue to get better and then decide between Robinson and Hutcheson. Serensits is not top 4 defenceman on this team but might get you a mid round pick, Gilhula and Purboo have no value.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Yep, deserved and expected. If playoffs dont happen Pappy never had to prove a thing. Tough years ahead. I guess we should enjoy this while we can.

Reactions: hockieguy

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Not sure anyone will knock the accomplishment. Many will question the mis-management of GM with future picks and his version of "going all in". The accomplishment was well earned by players.

Reactions: dirty12

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Yes, many will knock it, but great accomplishment never the less.

Great accomplishment is when you win the cup it makes me laugh when a team raises a banner for finishing first of its division its a joke look at the picture on the left now that team had great accomplishment last year :)

Reactions: hockieguy

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Great accomplishment is when you win the cup it makes me laugh when a team raises a banner for finishing first of its division its a joke look at the picture on the left now that team had great accomplishment last year :)
Man was a sad life you must lead. A bit bored I guess to have to slag another franchise. Go buy some toilet paper, you’re missed at the grocery store.
Yes the division was weak but this franchise has had literally nothing to cheer for in forever. Do us a favor and do like birds do and flock off.

Reactions: StewieFan76

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Anyone looking ahead to the draft and who would be a good fit in a Wolves jersey? I like Paul Ludwinski and David Goyette, of the little reading I have done so far.

Reactions: hockeynorth

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Man was a sad life you must lead. A bit bored I guess to have to slag another franchise. Go buy some toilet paper, you’re missed at the grocery store.
Yes the division was weak but this franchise has had literally nothing to cheer for in forever. Do us a favor and do like birds do and flock off.
I'm super happy that winning the division makes you happy.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

I can't make out the picture you're stating? what team is it? Of course the holy grail is the ultimate, but most teams, even professional teams raise divisional banners. I get what your saying, hopefully we have playoffs and win the big one. :)

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Anyone looking ahead to the draft and who would be a good fit in a Wolves jersey? I like Paul Ludwinski and David Goyette, of the little reading I have done so far.

I think can't go wrong with both of them if still around for Sudbury Wolves, on the small size but skilled. Kocha Delic is another good one.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Damien Giroux signed a 3 year entry-level deal with the Minnesota Wild. Gilhula beer league soon.

Reactions: justawolfan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I can't make out the picture you're stating? what team is it? Of course the holy grail is the ultimate, but most teams, even professional teams raise divisional banners. I get what your saying, hopefully we have playoffs and win the big one. :)
I assume he's just implying we should not celebrating something that 20% of OHL teams get in any given year. However given the success in Sudbury I have no problem celebrating it.

I think can't go wrong with both of them if still around for Sudbury Wolves, on the small size but skilled. Kocha Delic is another good one.
Goyette would be great to pickup. Regardless, looking forward to seeing who they get, at pick 11 it should be a solid player.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So some targets for the draft:
(C) Paul Ludwinski: this would be my (realistic *cough Fantilli cough*) target, though he'll likely have to fall a bit for us.
2020 OHL Draft Profile: Paul Ludwinski

(C) Kocha Delic: for some reason I'm feeling like this is going to be our guy, right down to the name I feel he's a fit especially where he's projected.
2020 OHL Draft Profile: Kocha Delic

(C) Devin Mauro: Could also see us reaching to grab this northern kid (though it's debatable if he's even truly a reach), could be a lot like Stillman coming in. Don't have a link to him. I'd ask some Soo posters for info.

(C) Cedrick Guindon: *plays in the HEO and we only took one HEO prospect last year* He would be an ELECTRIC add if he fully pans out, the problem is he's probably the most high risk/high reward, but I'd be pretty happy with this pick because it'd show management is willing to gamble on next level skill. Outproduces McTavish and Lockhart.
2020 OHL Draft Profile: Cedrick Guindon

(C) Bryce McConnell-Barker: would be my least preferred of all but Mauro, and about on par if not a bit below, but he's a legit prospect:
OHL Prospect Profile: Bryce McConnell-Barker

(D) Isaiah George: if we want a D, I'd go with him if Nelson is gone which I'll assume he is.
OHL Prospect Profile: Bryce McConnell-Barker

(RW) Sam Alfano: would be my least favourite here, but he's a big RW if we want to add to our right side.
2020 OHL Draft Profile: Sam Alfano

My list of these 7:
  1. Ludwinski
  2. Guindon
  3. Delic
  4. George
  5. Mauro
  6. McConnell-Barker
  7. Alfano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad