Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Now that Bode Wilde has made it clear he will play in the ohl this season, the Wolves should really concentrate on seriously trying to deal with Saginaw to get him.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I would think Saginaw would want to keep him.

Yeah, but it seems as if he doesn't wanna play there. Although, if he doesn't wanna play with SAG cant see him wanting to come to a team like PBO or SBY either. :help:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, but it seems as if he doesn't wanna play there. Although, if he doesn't wanna play with SAG cant see him wanting to come to a team like PBO or SBY either. :help:

I agree can't see him coming to Sudbury it would be nice.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Potential seems to be there for sure. We need more defensemen and hopefully our import goalie shows up but we look really good up front.
I think our goalie is going to show, most signs point that way. I also think we have enough D, just not enough quality D. I’ve voiced my dislike for Candella before and so I think he’s the wrong overage D but that’s my opinion. I think Ross is going to have a huge breakout year, I see that potential in him while watching him, I just find he reminds me of a Travis Dermott lite, and so I’m very excited to see how that goes. stratis and Malik are very similar players, and with both I can see them coming out this season with more opportunity (I can see Malik being a strong re entry nhl draft candidate depending on health and oppurtunity) Thompson should be one of the better D we’ve drafted in a while but he’s young, and Serentis is a solid low end 5 - high end 7. Past that not much of note for this season, lots of 7,8 guys really. I think we need a better D then Candella and one more guy and Id be comfortable

Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I think our goalie is going to show, most signs point that way. I also think we have enough D, just not enough quality D. I’ve voiced my dislike for Candella before and so I think he’s the wrong overage D but that’s my opinion. I think Ross is going to have a huge breakout year, I see that potential in him while watching him, I just find he reminds me of a Travis Dermott lite, and so I’m very excited to see how that goes. stratis and Malik are very similar players, and with both I can see them coming out this season with more opportunity (I can see Malik being a strong re entry nhl draft candidate depending on health and oppurtunity) Thompson should be one of the better D we’ve drafted in a while but he’s young, and Serentis is a solid low end 5 - high end 7. Past that not much of note for this season, lots of 7,8 guys really. I think we need a better D then Candella and one more guy and Id be comfortable

I would think they take hard look at Ethan Lavallee,, hopefully he is ready and get a spot.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I thought he wasn't willing to play OHL hockey? I might be wrong but I thought that was the report.

Yes willing to play but needs to make team, I'm hoping he has developed has a good training camp, definitely has the size. He's a 2000 so pretty much needs to make it this year.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yes willing to play but needs to make team, I'm hoping he has developed has a good training camp, definitely has the size. He's a 2000 so pretty much needs to make it this year.
Thanks Cub, I didn't realize he was willing to play OHL. What kind of element would he bring? Would he be similar to what we have in Serentis? Or perhaps if we acquired some like Fraser is he more in that mold? And where would he fit, do you see him as a 6-7 guy or higher? Good to know we have some depth.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The Ice Dogs need some overagers, could we move Candella there and look to acquire a different piece, perhaps someone with more grit and we sacrifice the puck moving skill, we do seem to have lots of that.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks Cub, I didn't realize he was willing to play OHL. What kind of element would he bring? Would he be similar to what we have in Serentis? Or perhaps if we acquired some like Fraser is he more in that mold? And where would he fit, do you see him as a 6-7 guy or higher? Good to know we have some depth.

I think he could fit at the 6 to 8 spot at present, he is 6'7", more of a stay at home Defenceman, has some offense. He has knock on him regarding his skating and not using his size to advantage, like being more physical. I'm hoping he has good off season and comes into camp strong.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I think he could fit at the 6 to 8 spot at present, he is 6'7", more of a stay at home Defenceman, has some offense. He has knock on him regarding his skating and not using his size to advantage, like being more physical. I'm hoping he has good off season and comes into camp strong.
The skating worries me then with the way this year is looking to be shaping up

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Serentis not a good skater but has some good intangible, plays tough, as good shot.
That's fair, that's why I asked if he'd be of a similar mold. Nothing against the kid he jut slipped my mind up till now.

Reactions: cub

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 9.39.13 PM.png

Heres a chart I made showing the PPG of u17 OHL players in the last 10 seasons, with notable players and everyone above 0.7, and Murray came in at 17th best, which I thought was pretty good. I also found this highlight pack while looking for proof for the Blake Murray thread I made under NHL Draft - Prospects

I love this kids game and really think he will be a star for us next year (hence the creation of his thread)

FYI not my video so I can't take credit for it, just happened to stumble upon it

Reactions: i luvallsports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad