Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGOBlue

Aug 27, 2018
3-1, if UPK plays all 4 games, if McGrath plays any games in the next 4, we lose all of the games that he starts, with the exception of maybe the Kingston game.

Do people really need to take constant shots at McGrath? I only comment because I have seen similar comments over and over and I don't get it. McGrath has started 3 games this year. In the opener, he made a bunch of huge saves at key times to help us get the win in a game no one expected us to win. In the 2nd game, he allowed 2 goals on 25 shots and we got shutout. Was that loss somehow his fault? Should he have also scored some goals as well? He got shelled against Barrie, but the team hung him out to dry. I get it.. McGrath struggled last year playing behind one of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen. Let in bad goals at the worst times.. I don't deny it. Is he a starting goalie in this league? I think it is pretty obvious he is not. UPL is our star goalie, but we could still do worse than McGrath as a backup. No, it is not an automatic loss every time he plays.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I'll take that a step further. McGrath isnt a 55-60 game starter but he's likely a 35-45 game starter for a middle of the pack team who are grooming a younger goaltender. There are starting goalies out there right now that he is better then and hopefully the right fit is found soon. Tough having three goalies on the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad