Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Demeo. 2 games in North Bay. 2 beautiful goals. 2 goals all season. We make him look like Erik Karlsson.

PS: should/could have started the backup.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I've only seen your goalie Ukko play twice against the Battalion so I don't know if he's any good or not....he hasn't had to make a save yet!!

Really like Ruzicka, great pickup

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
That Stillman knows a little about coaching EH ? :naughty:

Always has his team prepared and ready to play.

Job well done tonight. Total domination, from start to finish.
It’s funny but to me they put forth a similar game against Saginaw but ran into a very hot goalie and didn’t get the win. This tells me this team is capable of bringing a pretty darn good A game when they choose to. I love Ukko but let’s say this won’t be his toughest shutout and he didn’t have to steal it by any means.
Finally, absolutely agree kudos have to be given to the coaching staff for really preparing the team and obviously getting them in the right mind set. Nice to see the PP produce.

Reactions: WolvesFan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I've only seen your goalie Ukko play twice against the Battalion so I don't know if he's any good or not....he hasn't had to make a save yet!!

Really like Ruzicka, great pickup
I think he had to make five or so good ones. So much for the Wolves are only Ukko stealing games crowd. Admittedly though, the results would certainly suggest that his presence itself is what’s really essential.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
The Pilons continue to demonstrate their true value to the success of this team. They generate so many scoring chances, play specialty teams and give 110 percent every shift. They continue to brighten their future game in and game out. For all the Nays that did not think they belonged, enjoy a good helping of CROW.:thumbu:

Brook trout

Jan 20, 2019
As I predicted the team did rally without Levin. Better passing, shooting, scoring and power play. An all around team performance. Let’s hope it continues tonight. Go Wolves.

BayOWolf

Jan 9, 2018
Thoughts from last night...

Dominant effort!
It wasn't even close from the start. North Bay looked uninterested, but I think in part was because the Wolves were flying.

Everyone played well. Everyone was noticeable and had strong shifts, goof cycle, chances, backcheck, etc.

Phillips was unreal on the blueline last night. I wish he would have shot a bit more, but he made so many great decisions, stepped up at the offensive blueline, neutral zone and stood tall in his own end.

UPL was a non-factor (in a good way), which was great to see. A Shutout when he wasn't the best player on the ice. He made a good save on Coe on a breakaway, but the game was 5-0 then...he did his job. This was one game when his team did the work for him and allowed him to pick up an easy SOW.

Billoink mentioned it...Pilons are perfect for this team. They don't take a shift off, they've improved a tonne skill-wise and overall are just two very valuable players.

Ruzicka was very good.

The defence was almost flawless. Demeo fought the puck a bit early, but cleaned it up and it didn't effect the game. Candella looked like a leader, Stratis moved the puck well and played with some grit, Serensits and Ross played physical, but not stupid - overall everyone was very, very good.

And Ross, O'Bonsawin and Serenstis dropping the mitts was great to see. All did well.

Really good to see an effort and result like that last night.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Thoughts from last night...

Dominant effort!
It wasn't even close from the start. North Bay looked uninterested, but I think in part was because the Wolves were flying.

Everyone played well. Everyone was noticeable and had strong shifts, goof cycle, chances, backcheck, etc.

Phillips was unreal on the blueline last night. I wish he would have shot a bit more, but he made so many great decisions, stepped up at the offensive blueline, neutral zone and stood tall in his own end.

UPL was a non-factor (in a good way), which was great to see. A Shutout when he wasn't the best player on the ice. He made a good save on Coe on a breakaway, but the game was 5-0 then...he did his job. This was one game when his team did the work for him and allowed him to pick up an easy SOW.

Billoink mentioned it...Pilons are perfect for this team. They don't take a shift off, they've improved a tonne skill-wise and overall are just two very valuable players.

Ruzicka was very good.

The defence was almost flawless. Demeo fought the puck a bit early, but cleaned it up and it didn't effect the game. Candella looked like a leader, Stratis moved the puck well and played with some grit, Serensits and Ross played physical, but not stupid - overall everyone was very, very good.

And Ross, O'Bonsawin and Serenstis dropping the mitts was great to see. All did well.

Really good to see an effort and result like that last night.

Well said.

Need that same team effort tonight!

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I'm really looking forward to Ross, Serensits, Demeo, Phillips and Thompson next season. This group is getting better every game. Stratis....meh!

Great to see some traffic in front of goalie last night. First time this season I can recall goalies having to deal with a screen, consistently all night.

Also watching Malik; he may actually be a solid d-man with another 4-5 years in the O!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I'm really looking forward to Ross, Serensits, Demeo, Phillips and Thompson next season. This group is getting better every game. Stratis....meh!

Great to see some traffic in front of goalie last night. First time this season I can recall goalies having to deal with a screen, consistently all night.

Also watching Malik; he may actually be a solid d-man with another 4-5 years in the O!
Liked your post until I saw the bit about Stratis. What don’t you like about his game? Man when we win 7-0, to me the only reason to single players out is for something positive.

Reactions: BayOWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad