Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Tabak is a good player who is improving all the time. Should he be on the ice when you are trying to score to tie the game? I will not reiterate what Dirty posted because I have already stated I feel he was right. It wasn't the time to make that change...that was a bad decision.
I agree with Cub or Lyco (cant remember) that most of our power play failures are caused by decisions players make. Eg Levin and Candella (who are both playing well lately) on the PP skate through players and lose the puck. Players waiting to shoot and then shooting straight into opposing players generating break aways, passes are weak, at feet, to other players, or behind the receiving player, I could go on..
Not sure what the coach can do but continue to work on this in practice. Players with the best vision and skill set to score should be on the ice on the PP. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I use facts always did to support my argument, your the one make things up all the time. I use the London analogy has last in the league on PP as a fact, but you can't come up with anything, but make up dumb answers. I have called you out so many times its too easy.
You like facts. Here is a FACT. Our PP is one of the worst in the league. Just so we’re on the same page a fact unlike an opinion cannot be disputed.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Hey buddy I’ve about had it. You might live with the coach or something but we don’t. I get care if London’s PP hasn’t scored since the last Gibous moon!! I’m talking about the Wolves! I don’t care if they win five straight, their PP sucks and as I predicted it will cost them games, like remember the last game genius! Calling me Einstein really, you don’t think I understand your totally unrelated comment made to deflect any and accountability or criticism against your buddy? Please, you couldn’t trip my mind up if you tried. I’ve had to dumb down my comments to try to explain how I felt about things before regarding criticism of the coach. Just ignore my comments because your ass kissing is getting really old!

Einstein, you "don't care if we win 5 games straight our PP sucks" Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Like you predicted? LMAO man your a genius, Glad we won 2 out of our last 3 games, and beating the top rank Ottawa, but you did not once credit them for that win.

I alway back my comments with facts, I use facts all the time, can't say that about yourself. You were crying like a baby that McGrath started 3 game weekend, but we win 2 out of 3 that weekend.

Wolves are doing great but you constantly find something to whine about, your the worst kind of fans.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You like facts. Here is a FACT. Our PP is one of the worst in the league. Just so we’re on the same page a fact unlike an opinion cannot be disputed.

Einstein, that is the first step, yes we are #17th, ahead of London, Flint and Peterborough. We are 2nd in our division and third conference, that is pretty great, I never expected them to be that good at this point, so credit to the the team, coaches and organization.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Dirty I have come to realize he’s not even in the same league mentally, wasted breath. I surprised he can come up for oxygen. And he said you were a blind supporter of Branch!

You and Dirty12 in the same league, Wolves haters. Funny thing Dirty12 denies he was a Branch supporter. LMAO.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Einstein, you "don't care if we win 5 games straight our PP sucks" Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Like you predicted? LMAO man your a genius, Glad we won 2 out of our last 3 games, and beating the top rank Ottawa, but you did not once credit them for that win.

I alway back my comments with facts, I use facts all the time, can't say that about yourself. You were crying like a baby that McGrath started 3 game weekend, but we win 2 out of 3 that weekend.

Wolves are doing great but you constantly find something to whine about, your the worst kind of fans.
You just don’t get it do you. Its like talking to a child but I will try to speak nice and quiet and try one more time. Of course I’m happy the team is doing well. That does not however mean our PP isn’t a concern, it’s a different matter. I have very often given credit where it’s due but as I have said the law of averages dictates that they can only go on winning games for so long before it catches up to them and guess what, it caught to them and lost them the game in Missy.
Why does any criticism have to be taken so personally and defensively? Why do you interpret it to mean we’re bashing the coaches? It is not possible to have a rational discussion with someone that can’t separate emotion from rationality. Also research the meaning of the word fact before you insist you use them to defend your arguments and “call us out”. It’s laughable. More like rose coloured glasses and fanboy like support. I wasn’t even being negative about anything until you frothed off. I and others were simply DISCUSSING the powerplay but from now whatever you say. Coaches can do no wrong. In fact I heard Stillman might be subbing in for Santa Claus. I don’t appreciate it Cub. I was not in a combative mood.

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You just don’t get it do you. Its like talking to a child but I will try to speak nice and quiet and try one more time. Of course I’m happy the team is doing well. That does not however mean our PP isn’t a concern, it’s a different matter. I have very often given credit where it’s due but as I have said the law of averages dictates that they can only go on winning games for so long before it catches up to them and guess what, it caught to them and lost them the game in Missy.
Why does any criticism have to be taken so personally and defensively? Why do you interpret it to mean we’re bashing the coaches? It is not possible to have a rational discussion with someone that can’t separate emotion from rationality. Also research the meaning of the word fact before you insist you use them to defend your arguments and “call us out”. It’s laughable. More like rose coloured glasses and fanboy like support. I wasn’t even being negative about anything until you frothed off. I and others were simply DISCUSSING the powerplay but from now whatever you say. Coaches can do no wrong. In fact I heard Stillman might be subbing in for Santa Claus. I don’t appreciate it Cub. I was not in a combative mood.

Wow you predicted that the PP would do them in versus Missy, man I'm glad you pointed this out you are a higher being of intelligence, because this team as been struggling on PP all year, never saw that coming. At same time playing top team in the Eastern Conference with the one of the best PP in the league, and maybe the best player in the OHL in Tippet.

Being Einstein, you would be a perfect candidate for Santa Claus.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Wow you predicted that the PP would do them in versus Missy, man I'm glad you pointed this out you are a higher being of intelligence, because this team as been struggling on PP all year, never saw that coming. At same time playing top team in the Eastern Conference with the one of the best PP in the league, and maybe the best player in the OHL in Tippet.

Being Einstein, you would be a perfect candidate for Santa Claus.
I’ll have to ask Stillman to teach me to fly first.

Reactions: cub

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I use facts always did to support my argument, your the one make things up all the time. I use the London analogy has last in the league on PP as a fact, but you can't come up with anything, but make up dumb answers. I have called you out so many times its too easy.

I can see how it would seem easy for a completely closed minded homer that confuses opinion and fact to call some one out, at first. But, your need to have the last emotionally charged word with such limited ability to communicate must become frustratingly difficult.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Okay, anyone ever hear there’s always room for improvement, that’s why it’s okay to both say great job we’re dping really well AND say hey we can still get a better power play if the coaches tried this maybe. It’s why it’s a hockey discussion board, to discuss our opinions and thoughts on the team. Tabak has improved, just maybe not to PP worthy. Hutcheson is playing well maybe coach should try him. We need a d, we need a shooter, we should rest ukko, we should ride ukko. Twins are great, twins suck, levin is a great player, levin is selfish, TRADE EVERYBODY. This board just goes round and round on these things without any substantial discussion, and instead just arguing and name calling. It’s getting comedic.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I can see how it would seem easy for a completely closed minded homer that confuses opinion and fact to call some one out, at first. But, your need to have the last emotionally charged word with such limited ability to communicate must become frustratingly difficult.

BB is looking for a good shoulder to cry on Dirty12, take good care of him.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I agree. I think he gives the wolves an advantage as a 4th line player.
But, he cannot be on the PP right now. He does not have the ability to find open spaces and the quick release that Murray has. Tabak does not have the ability to cycle with control and have vision to find the open player as does Bulitka. He cannot see mesh and hit it with the puck like Hutcheson can. He does not possess the uncanny ability the clean up the garbage like Carson. He does not have speed of Robinson.
Tabak simply does not belong on the PP at this time.

If you see mesh, you've waited too long to shoot.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Hey buddy I’ve about had it. You might live with the coach or something but we don’t. I get care if London’s PP hasn’t scored since the last Gibous moon!! I’m talking about the Wolves! I don’t care if they win five straight, their PP sucks and as I predicted it will cost them games, like remember the last game! Calling me Einstein really, you don’t think I understand your totally unrelated comment made to deflect any and all accountability or criticism against your buddy? Please, you couldn’t trip my mind up if you tried. I’ve had to dumb down my comments to try to explain how I felt about things before regarding criticism of the coach. Just ignore my comments because your ass kissing is getting really old!

Ridiculous...…

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I believe the real interesting test is upcoming when players take part in the world Juniors, specifically how the Wolves will do with out their goalie. There are two things I have learned in the game:

1. Great goalies steal games that otherwise would be lost.
2. Great goalies make a mediocre defense look better than they really are.

The wolves have both.

Reactions: cub

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I believe the real interesting test is upcoming when players take part in the world Juniors, specifically how the Wolves will do with out their goalie. There are two things I have learned in the game:

1. Great goalies steal games that otherwise would be lost.
2. Great goalies make a mediocre defense look better than they really are.

The wolves have both.
Greyhounds have both. Look how they have been the last 5 without Villalta.

Reactions: Lycanthrope and cub

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well Niagara has made their moves. Picking up Jason Robertson and Jacob Paquette today for Ian Martin and Billy Constineau along with 4 second round picks and 3 3rds with a total of 11 picks. With this move they will now contend with Ottawa and possibly Mississauga in the East. London is still the heavily favoured team to beat in the West. With this move I now believe Sudbury will make very minor moves as they don't have all the picks to make a deal of this significance. Wow Niagara has made the fist big splash! Good on Kingston for recouping all the picks they sent last year for some disappointing players production in the playoffs especially London's Max Jones.

So It will be interesting to see what team makes the next move. I suspect Ottawa will be gunning for the SSM's Morgan Frost, Villalta and overage dman Sambrook.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Wow big deal from Niagara

Sudbury doesn't have the horses to compete with Niagara or Ottawa in a 7 game series

Agree, huge pick up by Niagara, Kingston made out quite well especially acquiring all these picks.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
As much as i would like Sudbury to be competitive and make a first round appearance I think it would be best to deal off any possible assets we have to make a push for next year. We just can't compete with that kind of depth from Niagara and what Ottawa will eventually do. Heck even Mississauga can stand pat and play out like they are and be in the thick with the scoring talent they have in Tippett and McLeod. Then you can't forget Oshawa who will make a push as well. The Petes have picks and can add. So Sudbury is in tough in the East all of a sudden. They can't deal Ukko as he is a first year import. So I think dealing the Pilon's who can be important for any team in the playoffs can give us a valuable player for next season when they won't be here anyway. Ottawa has two OA spots available. Quinn and a pick would be a solid return for them. Niagara has set the bar in trades and should be interesting to see how everyone else now responds.

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
5 games for Walker, 4 games for Struthers for their actions against the wolves. So much for the dives North Bay fans were calling.

Even with Niagara jumping out in front I would not be so quick to sell off if I was the wolves. The assets you'll get for the Pilons are not very significant and I'd rather the wolves atleast put up a good fight in round 1, and possible even into round 2. Playoff experience will do the team well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad