Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What would be the reason for Thompson and Tabak on PP ... rest the best players (currently) for 5 on 5 play? Make sure they are ready to execute the PP two seasons from now? Those two not yet draft eligible kids should not be seeing PP time right now. Those two, like Ross last season, should not be used as though they are advanced players like Byfield or Merkley.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
In defence to coaching staff they have used every possible personnel combination, and nothing has been working, so why not try Tabak or Thompson. Actually I've seen Thompson get some good shots to the net for some PP goals that have been tipped in the past. Might be a way to get Tabak going to get some confidence.

London has the worst PP in the league, who would of thought?

Yesterday, a guy like Tippet just feast on the PP, very composed, goes to right spots, wicked shot. Be nice to have something like that has a weapon, he's a man playing amongst boys.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
In defence to coaching staff they have used every possible personnel combination, and nothing has been working, so why not try Tabak or Thompson. Actually I've seen Thompson get some good shots to the net for some PP goals that have been tipped in the past. Might be a way to get Tabak going to get some confidence.

Yesterday, a guy like Tippet just feast on the PP, very composed, goes to right spots, wicked shot. Be nice to have something like that has a weapon, he's a man playing amongst boys.
You mean like... Dmitri Sokolov?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

I think Tabak is improving and showing more physicality.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think Tabak is improving and showing more physicality.

I agree. I think he gives the wolves an advantage as a 4th line player.
But, he cannot be on the PP right now. He does not have the ability to find open spaces and the quick release that Murray has. Tabak does not have the ability to cycle with control and have vision to find the open player as does Bulitka. He cannot see mesh and hit it with the puck like Hutcheson can. He does not possess the uncanny ability the clean up the garbage like Carson. He does not have speed of Robinson.
Tabak simply does not belong on the PP at this time.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Switching up the PP personnel 3-4 times a game is really not giving any combination a chance. Pick seven players. Give them PP practice time every single day; then, play the five that practised best that weekend; maybe, switching one out for a hot hand. After a dozen games using that personnel you can honestly say you have tried that combination.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I agree. I think he gives the wolves an advantage as a 4th line player.
But, he cannot be on the PP right now. He does not have the ability to find open spaces and the quick release that Murray has. Tabak does not have the ability to cycle with control and have vision to find the open player as does Bulitka. He cannot see mesh and hit it with the puck like Hutcheson can. He does not possess the uncanny ability the clean up the garbage like Carson. He does not have speed of Robinson.
Tabak simply does not belong on the PP at this time.
Probably the best rebuttal I have read. My head was spinning when that combination of players went out. To me that decision was accepting a loss not going for a tie.

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Switching up the PP personnel 3-4 times a game is really not giving any combination a chance. Pick seven players. Give them PP practice time every single day; then, play the five that practised best that weekend; maybe, switching one out for a hot hand. After a dozen games using that personnel you can honestly say you have tried that combination.

Explain why London PP is last in the league?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Explain why London PP is last in the league?

Because Bouchard & Formenton just returned and Boquist is still new to NA ice surface and Stranges is an extremely talented (rookie)? This unit has been together for a little over a week? Give it time Cub. I am certain Hunter won’t mess with it; and, that unit will be deadly

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Because Bouchard & Formenton just returned and Boquist is still new to NA ice surface and Stranges is an extremely talented (rookie)? This unit has been together for a little over a week? Give it time Cub; that unit will be deadly

I agree, but they have good players prior to these new acquistions to the team. Why was the PP so poor prior and still is?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree, but they have good players prior to these new acquistions to the team. Why was the PP so poor prior and still is?

The answer to your question is above

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
The answer is above your question

Not clear on your answer, I'm trying to get at is, we have London who is very strong team and they have worst PP in the league, but you don't hear on their board complaining about it. Bouchard and Formenton will improve the PP definitely, however 6 games in, it hasn't improved it, it actually went down. So what gives?

Wolves having been doing well, I agree the PP has to get better, but no one was on the board celebrating the great weekend winning 2 out of 3 games. One of the wins was against Ottawa, one of the top teams in the CHL, they are winning even though PP hasn't been great, but they have been winning.

I watch the PP and focus on it, on most occasions they lose the puck themselves with little pressure on them. Teams with good PP, they seem to have control all the time during the PP. Players have to execute, coaches can do so much, Stillman is well aware of it, if you read his quote from the last game, he saids the PP has to get better. Will see where it goes.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Two wins in three games is very good.
The rest of your post just seems like more excuses and more deflection of criticism from the coach to the players.
The PP has been underwhelming since day 1 under the current coach as one poster mentioned. Some possible reasons are not picking the players best suited for the PP, not giving the PP personnel enough time together to become a cohesive unit, and maybe just poor PP design.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Probably the best rebuttal I have read. My head was spinning when that combination of players went out. To me that decision was accepting a loss not going for a tie.
My comment was not intended as an endorsement of Tabak on the PP but I have liked him using his size more.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
London’s PP issues don’t help us.

Einstein!!! , trying to prove a point London has the worst PP in the league. However, guys like you harp on our PP constantly, We are having a successful season at this point but you come up with some negative all the time.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Two wins in three games is very good.
The rest of your post just seems like more excuses and more deflection of criticism from the coach to the players.
The PP has been underwhelming since day 1 under the current coach as one poster mentioned. Some possible reasons are not picking the players best suited for the PP, not giving the PP personnel enough time together to become a cohesive unit, and maybe just poor PP design.

what players have they not been used on the PP?

I don't make excuses, I make true observations on our PP, and the current personel have not been great on the PP. The coaches have use many different looks and different players not much results. However, when I ask you about London being last on the PP its deflection?

Last edited by a moderator:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
what players have they not used on the PP?

I don't make excuses, I make true observations on our PP, and the current personel have not been great on the PP. The coaches have use many different looks and different players not much results. However, when I ask you about London being last on the PP its deflection?

(Imo), you use many excuses to defend your view; and, obscure your view as true and fact. Less endearing is resorting to child like name calling ... it’s werewolf, not genious

Reactions: Lycanthrope

cub

Apr 11, 2012
(Imo), you use many excuses to defend your view; and, obscure your view as true and fact. Less endearing is resorting to child like name calling ... it’s werewolf, not genious

I use facts always did to support my argument, your the one make things up all the time. I use the London analogy has last in the league on PP as a fact, but you can't come up with anything, but make up dumb answers. I have called you out so many times its too easy.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Einstein!!! , trying to prove a point London has the worst PP in the league. However, guys like you harp on our PP constantly, We are having a successful season at this point but you come up with some negative all the time.
Hey buddy I’ve about had it. You might live with the coach or something but we don’t. I get care if London’s PP hasn’t scored since the last Gibous moon!! I’m talking about the Wolves! I don’t care if they win five straight, their PP sucks and as I predicted it will cost them games, like remember the last game! Calling me Einstein really, you don’t think I understand your totally unrelated comment made to deflect any and all accountability or criticism against your buddy? Please, you couldn’t trip my mind up if you tried. I’ve had to dumb down my comments to try to explain how I felt about things before regarding criticism of the coach. Just ignore my comments because your ass kissing is getting really old!

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Dirty I have come to realize he’s not even in the same league mentally, wasted breath. I surprised he can come up for oxygen. And he said you were a blind supporter of Branch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->