Dec 14, 2017
What does it take to get PK in Tampa?

Players that are off the table:
Stamkos
Kucherov
Hedman
Vasilevskiy
Point

I'm thinking a package with Sergachev as the core piece is what will get it done. And while I know everybody and their mother are going to demand Brayden Point, just let it go. It's not going to happen.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
lol, oh you want a top 5 defensemen but you don't want to pay. Get in line.
Suggesting that giving up Sergachev isn't paying.

I wouldn't give him up for Tyson Barrie 1 for 1 so maybe you should tread carefully.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I don’t know why you’re obsessed with trading Sergachev for a big name defenseman we can’t afford. First Karlsson and now Subban? What’s the point? Serg is developing quickly and was arguably our best defenseman in the playoffs; combined with his age and low cap hit he’s far more valuable to us than an older and more expensive guy who still wouldn’t solve the issue of our forwards being unable to put the puck in the net when it counts.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
You think Subban for Sergachev 1 for 1 is fair? I think they'd have to give up more, and I'd be willing to.
No, it's not. I just can't see what more you have in your organisation to add in a package for Sergachev that would entice Nashville to make the deal (knowing what's off the board).

Alan Wake

Dec 14, 2017
I don’t know why you’re obsessed with trading Sergachev for a big name defenseman we can’t afford. First Karlsson and now Subban? What’s the point? Serg is developing quickly and was arguably our best defenseman in the playoffs; combined with his age and low cap hit he’s far more valuable to us than an older and more expensive guy who still wouldn’t solve the issue of our forwards being unable to put the puck in the net when it counts.
Arguably our best defenseman? Man I'd love to see the guy you were watching and mistook for #98. The guy was sheltered and played sheltered. Sure, some games were better than others, but we're talking about a 19 year old. I want a guy that will eat up massive minutes alongside Hedman. You know, a position of need that we didn't fill with the McDonagh acquisition.

Maybe that's why I'm "obsessed" with moving him? Because he holds a tremendous amount of value and moving him won't hurt our D core. Moving someone like Point crushes our C depth.

Alan Wake

Dec 14, 2017
Let’s see: given our known issues we need defensemen who can a) move the puck, b) put the puck in the net, and c) are affordable capwise. So your solution is to trade the one D-man on our roster who meets all three criteria?!?:help:
We need a #2 right handed defenseman.

Sergachev is left handed. He plays on the top 6 currently. Sheltered, because of his age.

PK Subban is a #1. He is right handed.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
The player that Subban is now is the best possible outcome of what Segachev could develop into, and Nashville is all-in on winning the cup. The Lightning don’t have worthy picks to package since their firsts this year and next are tied up (at least until the condition on the 2019 first/second from the McDonagh trade is satisfied). If you want to acquire a competitor’s established, elite talent, the return is going to be another established, elite talent. If the trade value ends at Brayden Point, the trade’s value ends.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
The player that Subban is now is the best possible outcome of what Segachev could develop into, and Nashville is all-in on winning the cup. The Lightning don’t have worthy picks to package since their firsts this year and next are tied up (at least until the condition on the 2019 first/second from the McDonagh trade is satisfied). If you want to acquire a competitor’s established, elite talent, the return is going to be another established, elite talent. If the trade value ends at Brayden Point, the trade’s value ends.
exactly. Nashville is not giving one of their biggest competitors in this cup window a top player without it hurting a lot.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Everybody else please ignore this guy. Most Lightning fans have the sense a) not to want to trade Sergachev, and b) not to make such an offer for a defenseman of Subban’s stature. Neither side should contemplate this trade.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
We need a #2 right handed defenseman.

Sergachev is left handed. He plays on the top 6 currently. Sheltered, because of his age.

PK Subban is a #1. He is right handed.

[mod]

You think a sheltered young defenseman can be the basis of a trade for a premier top-pairing RHD with term, and you’re accusing someone else of being brain dead?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
You think a sheltered young defenseman can be the basis of a trade for a premier top-pairing RHD with term, and you’re accusing someone else of being brain dead?

Yep, Nashville shouldn’t do this because Subban is clearly the better and more valuable player and Tampa shouldn’t do it because Sergachev’s performance-to-cost ratio is far too valuable for a team with guys like Kucherov, Point, Vasilevskiy to extend over the next couple of years. Just a horrible idea all around.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd trade Stamkos for Subban, if Stamkos would waive.

Only players who should be off the table are Kuch, Hedman, and Point. I guess Vasilevskiy, but I think you'd have to consider him too if we could ensure another #1 was coming in to replace him.

I'd figure out a deal around Stamkos before I'd deal Sergachev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->