Value of: Subban to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Rangers need someone to play on their first pairing. And it should not be young defenders like they did (with Pionk) this year. Please do not let them play way over their head and ruin them. Of course you need to get rid of Gorton`s idiotic signings in Smith and Shattenkirk. (I even suggested that Shattenkirk went the other way....) But Gorton would probably not trade those two for peanuts. That would be admitting that he made some big mistakes. So he will probably let them play out their contracts and present it like they are important for the rebuild. And you will buy it I guess.

Man, I get where you're coming from, but this deal makes no sense.

We have plenty of decent veterans to show the kids how to win. We don't need to pull off some kind of blockbuster deal to bring in another high $$$ defender in a year where making the playoffs would be a big step. Or, frankly, if we're going to bring in the big name defender, why not pay nothing but cash and make it Karlsson?

Doesn't fit. Doesn't make sense to spend the assets.

Reactions: Nickmo82 and Kupo

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Man, I get where you're coming from, but this deal makes no sense.

We have plenty of decent veterans to show the kids how to win. We don't need to pull off some kind of blockbuster deal to bring in another high $$$ defender in a year where making the playoffs would be a big step. Or, frankly, if we're going to bring in the big name defender, why not pay nothing but cash and make it Karlsson?

Doesn't fit. Doesn't make sense to spend the assets.

Because Karlsson wants 7 years and many feels that could turn into a anchor contract. Subban has 3 more years.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Because Karlsson wants 7 years and many feels that could turn into a anchor contract. Subban has 3 more years.

How do you think the morale of the team would be if you put Shattenkirk or Smith on the first pairing, and the team leaks goals? Would ruin the whole rebuild.

This is of course a response BPD. Made the wrong quote.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

this is an assumption, not a fact

if Rangers gave him 12m for 1 yr, with proviso if it is not working out we can deal him as a rental at half, I could see him hanging here in gotham with Hank for a year.

zero downside unless he suffers career ending injury
vs
upside of total flexibility

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

if Rangers gave him 12m for 1 yr, with proviso if it is not working out we can deal him as a rental at half, I could see him hanging here in gotham with Hank for a year.

vs

That really doesn't make sense for NY considering where the Rangers are at this point of the rebuild.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
How do you think the morale of the team would be if you put Shattenkirk or Smith on the first pairing, and the team leaks goals? Would ruin the whole rebuild.

We had Pionk, Staal, an injured Shattenkirk, and Skjei as our top 4 and Brendan Smith playing 4th line forward and we won game 82 in OT against the Penguins when the team had nothing to play for and would jump up 1-2 spots in the draft with a loss and then bagged the 2nd OV pick anyway so for morale, it's pretty good and for rebuild, it's pretty damn good.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Subban ends up in Vancouver if Karlsson doesn't sign there.

If Subban doesn't go to Van, would love to say Vegas as that team would be such a good fit for him, I'd gotta think Buffalo takes a shot at him.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Teams will be lined up for Subban no question but how many can actually take him sending almost no cap back? Preds need to sign Josi and be set for expansion draft which can wait one more year but they want the money for a forward now I believe. Unless one (top 6 forward) is coming back for Subban don't think many can trade for him so he will be had for a reasonable deal I believe.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

You labeled Zbad + 2OA as untouchable’s for PK.

Does this mean you’re copacetic with a player like Chytil+ and/or Kravtsov+ being moved for Subban?

Do you believe the Preds are morons who would be interested in a crappy, quantity over quality package like Fast+Pionk+2nd(2020)+2nd(2021) for PK???

You created this dumbass proposal. What do you think is a fair trade that ultimately benefits both organizations given the state they’re currently in?

I ask this because I can’t think of any good reason why Gorton or Poile would entertain this awful and shortsighted scenario you seem to think is a good idea.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
You labeled Zbad + 2OA as untouchable’s for PK.

Does this mean you’re copacetic with a player like Chytil+ and/or Kravtsov+ being moved for Subban?

Do you believe the Preds are morons who would be interested in a crappy, quantity over quality package like Fast+Pionk+2nd(2020)+2nd(2021) for PK???

You created this dumbass proposal. What do you think is a fair trade that ultimately benefits both organizations given the state they’re currently in?

I ask this because I can’t think of any good reason why Gorton or Poile would entertain this awful and shortsighted scenario you seem to think is a good idea.

Now it is clear that you did not read my post. Who do you think that this sentence in my opening post were referring to: "The 2OA and Zibanejad would be off limits. And the young russians signed this spring I guess."

I just asked for a valuation. I do not know what the Preds want. I brought up that a retained Shattenkirk could come back if they felt they would miss PK on the powerplay.

I did not propose anything. The opening post has a "value of" prefix. Not a "proposal".

It is sad when you do not bother to read the opening post, even if I asked you the first time. Yo could at least read it then.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017

vs

"I could see him hanging here..." is also an assumption:)

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
We had Pionk, Staal, an injured Shattenkirk, and Skjei as our top 4 and Brendan Smith playing 4th line forward and we won game 82 in OT against the Penguins when the team had nothing to play for and would jump up 1-2 spots in the draft with a loss and then bagged the 2nd OV pick anyway so for morale, it's pretty good and for rebuild, it's pretty damn good.

Let us hope that it does not effect the morale. But I am afraid that if it goes on for too long, it will.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Now it is clear that you did not read my post. Who do you think that this sentence in my opening post were referring to: "The 2OA and Zibanejad would be off limits. And the young russians signed this spring I guess."

I just asked for a valuation. I do not know what the Preds want. I brought up that a retained Shattenkirk could come back if they felt they would miss PK on the powerplay.

I did not propose anything. The opening post has a "value of" prefix. Not a "proposal".

It is sad when you do not bother to read the opening post, even if I asked you the first time. Yo could at least read it then.

Chytil’s not Russian. Did you bother reading my post??

You create a value of thread and then you list our most valuable assets as untouchable.. What incentive is there for Nashville to entertain moving PK if all of our high end players or prospects are not available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad