Value of: Subban to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Rangers need a 1D . Subban is signed for 3 more years with a cap hit of 9 mill. 3 years of Subban gives Rangers time to develop their own young RDs.
If I understand it correctly the rumour is that Preds want to trade Subban to make room for Duchene.

The 2OA and Zibanejad would be off limits. And the young russians signed this spring I guess, What could Nashville want back? Only picks and prospects? Shattenkirk with 50% (app. 3,3 mill) retention to use on the p0werplay? Could he be part of a package?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The way Subban is playing is making trade talks die off imo. He's not someone we should move out of the top 4, Ellis comes to mind as the most likely candidate to being moved.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Waiting for all the NYR fans claiming Subban is useless.

NYR fans trade ask 5 - 1st rounders. :laugh:

NYR fans offer 1 - 5th rounder with retention. :nod:

Reactions: CapSpace

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Closest thing to a bad contract the Rangers have is Staal and possibly Lundqvist. Someone would take Shatty if we made the price right. Subban isn't going to be happy playing poppa bear in a rebuild. No thanks.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think pk has a chance to go to the other new york team. It would make no sense for the rangers to even try and go after pk. And zibs would be the only player nashville would want in a pk trade but as I said zero sense.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers need a 1D . Subban is signed for 3 more years with a cap hit of 9 mill. 3 years of Subban gives Rangers time to develop their own young RDs.
If I understand it correctly the rumour is that Preds want to trade Subban to make room for Duchene.

The 2OA and Zibanejad would be off limits. And the young russians signed this spring I guess, What could Nashville want back? Only picks and prospects? Shattenkirk with 50% (app. 3,3 mill) retention to use on the p0werplay? Could he be part of a package?

Rangers are no where near ready to bring in this player.

By the time they are ready to compete, Subbans contract will be up.

Hard pass.

And I like Subban

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
He's useless to the Rangers.

Why the hell would we spend the assets it would take to acquire him just so he can be a stop gap until our prospects are ready? Subban will be 30 next month. Rebuilding teams shouldn't be trading significant assets for 30 year old players.

Because if you go on with a rebuild without having a decent defense, the rebuild could easily fail. And a character like Subban might take some of the pressure off the rookies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Because if you go on with a rebuild without having a decent defense, the rebuild could easily fail. And a character like Subban might take some of the pressure off the rookies.

We still have Shattenkirk, Staal and Smith on the books for the next 2 years. One or more might get traded in that time and Smith could see more time on the 4th line or in the AHL, but if you add Subban to this defense, where are the kids going to play? Skjei, ADA, Pionk, Hajek, Lindgren. There are only so many roster spots. We don't need to trade quality assets and pay a 30 year old 9 mil per year to insulate the kids. We have plenty of vets to do that.

Are you planning to re-sign Subban when he is 33? Are we trading quality assets for him just so he can be a mentor for the kids while we suck? And speaking of that, what exactly are you trading to get him? You realize it won't be cheap, right?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
We still have Shattenkirk, Staal and Smith on the books for the next 2 years. One or more might get traded in that time and Smith could see more time on the 4th line or in the AHL, but if you add Subban to this defense, where are the kids going to play? Skjei, ADA, Pionk, Hajek, Lindgren. There are only so many roster spots. We don't need to trade quality assets and pay a 30 year old 9 mil per year to insulate the kids. We have plenty of vets to do that.

Are you planning to re-sign Subban when he is 33? Are we trading quality assets for him just so he can be a mentor for the kids while we suck? And speaking of that, what exactly are you trading to get him? You realize it won't be cheap, right?

Best post so far. Explains everything.

Not the right fit at the right time according to NYR’s trajectory and it will cost way too much to get him and then have to re-sign him at 33? It’s a terrible fit for the Rangers.

No thanks.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
What top 6 player would the flyers give nashville to get subban because Nashville will just keep him if bottom 6 players, prospects and picks is all he's gonna get in return.

The Flyers are actually overflowing with NHL-ready talent. I think they’d make the most sense if the main objective in trading Subban is to harvest cap space - they have plenty of quality players on cheap ELCs.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
This fascination with calling players "1 D" etc. Subban isn't one near the best Nashville Dman, so why put in that position with the Rangers? Better ways of spending 9m.

The guy is one year removed from a Norris nomination.

Sure, tough year overall, but going as far as saying Subban isn't a 1D is ridiculous. He'd be the best player on the Rangers by a mile.

Saying that, I don't think he's a fit with the Rangers considering their rebuild.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018

No thanks.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017

Rangers need someone to play on their first pairing. And it should not be young defenders like they did (with Pionk) this year. Please do not let them play way over their head and ruin them. Of course you need to get rid of Gorton`s idiotic signings in Smith and Shattenkirk. (I even suggested that Shattenkirk went the other way....) But Gorton would probably not trade those two for peanuts. That would be admitting that he made some big mistakes. So he will probably let them play out their contracts and present it like they are important for the rebuild. And you will buy it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad