Subban Questions

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Given Subban's history of bieing one of the most clutch playoff performers in the league I hope he stays long term. He could easily have brought 2 Stanley Cups to Nashville now if only Rinne hadn't choked the past 2 years...

Yeah Rinne really choked last year. That why some observers thought he should have won the Smythe despite being on the losing team..

Not enough facepalm on the internet for this post...

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Yeah Rinne really choked last year. That why some observers thought he should have won the Smythe despite being on the losing team..

Rinne was good for the first 3 rounds, up until the 2017 Stanley Cup Final series. His level of play lost that series. Sorry if you can't see the difference.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Regardless of whether or not he choked, Rinne was not good in the SCF.

Exactly. I'm a -*big* Rinne fan and it was painful watching his performance in the Finals. I think it's primarily a mental thing with him. But if he starts to melt down again in the playoffs next year he needs to be on a very short leash. Laviolette can't afford to waste another playoffs by giving him the benefit of the doubt - Saros needs to be started.

Reactions: Tex76

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
He must be thanking his lucky stars every day that he escaped that Montreal gong show.

Attachments

• IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    538.8 KB · Views: 9

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Exactly. I'm a -*big* Rinne fan and it was painful watching his performance in the Finals. I think it's primarily a mental thing with him. But if he starts to melt down again in the playoffs next year he needs to be on a very short leash. Laviolette can't afford to waste another playoffs by giving him the benefit of the doubt - Saros needs to be started.
Agreed. It sounds kinda funny coming off a Vezina year, of course. Weird situation. But they will get the coming year to take even more of a look at Saros in that context, and assuming he continues to impress, it should get easier to be prepared to shift gears in the playoffs next year if Rinne stumbles again. Hopefully that doesn't happen. But if it does, they need to be ready.

Reactions: The Ugly Truth

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Rinne was good for the first 3 rounds, up until the 2017 Stanley Cup Final series. His level of play lost that series. Sorry if you can't see the difference.

Yes giving up 3 goals in three home games lost that series

I mean, did it contribute? Sure. But to act like that alone cost us the cup is just a lazy excuse

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Yes giving up 3 goals in three home games lost that series

I mean, did it contribute? Sure. But to act like that alone cost us the cup is just a lazy excuse

Look, I'm not going to get into a pointless argument over this. Rinne is an amazing goalie and has almost singlehandedly won or almost won multiple series over the years for the Predators. (That one year against Vancouver he was surreal.)

I feel if he played even average for his ability in the 2017 Final the Predators win the Stanley Cup. If you feel otherwise then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: StarvinArvin38

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Any other Pred gets the cover and it has its own thread already. Really proud to see the Preds gettin repped on the cover of NHL19. Subban brought that to Smashville. It's awesome!

Yeah, I don't think he's appreciated by certain Preds fans here, but whatever. HFBoards isn't even remotely representative of the real world!

Congratulations to PK! :thumbu:

Reactions: CanadiensChick

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Saying Subban isn't appreciated because our semi-inactive board doesn't have a thread on him is ridiculous to me :D

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Any other Pred gets the cover and it has its own thread already. Really proud to see the Preds gettin repped on the cover of NHL19. Subban brought that to Smashville. It's awesome!
Well, he already had a thread--I don't see any real reason to have 2. They'd eventually be combined anyway because it would (d)evolve into the same comments.

(And now I see a new thread was created. Ha ha! Prove me wrong, posters!)

Reactions: myFialabot

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I appreciate everything that’s been said about 76. In my eyes he is still one of my favourite players. I look forward to seeing what he will accomplish withingthe next few years.

To all NSH fans: enjoy the talent that is yet to come.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
In case you dont know the story behind the pic, PK and Lindsey Vonn are vacationing in Italy and posted pics wearing the same swimsuit, with PK asking Twitter "who wore it better"?

I'm guessing Tiger Woods is thinking "what the ****?"

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
In case you dont know the story behind the pic, PK and Lindsey Vonn are vacationing in Italy and posted pics wearing the same swimsuit, with PK asking Twitter "who wore it better"?

As am I.

Lindsey wore it better, but PK might get my vote if he moves his hand away. Heh... ;-)

Reactions: predfan98

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

This was news to me.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN

Rinne was great until the SCF. You can't win the Conn Smythe when your GAA in Pit is 100000. Hyperbole, I know, but he was very bipolar in the SCF. Great games and bad games.

The dynamic of last year to this year is greatly different though. Last year, Rinne and our defense had to be everything. This year, we just needed Rinne to be Rinne.

Oh well. If you flip flop performances, I think Nashville has a SC. Then again, if you restart game 7 against WPG, I think the outcome is different 95 times out of 100 (at least in terms of Rinne's performance).

Reactions: PredsV82

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
This seems like the perfect thread to ask. I saw a post a couple of weeks ago but can't seem to find it. Basically someone said that PK was taken off PP1 when Ellis came back from injury to get him back up to speed. Is there any truth to this? Curious if that affected PK's point total and chance at winning the Norris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad