Subban or Markov

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Markov for points, Subban if you are counting other stats - Subban is always reliable for PIM in my league.

moolah3i4

Long Live The Note.
May 23, 2010
St. Louis
Subban because he's younger, and he's gonna prosper right away, he put up like 40+ points last year, won't take him too long.

Pepin le bref

Dec 27, 2009
NDG/CDN Montréal
For THIS year only:

If going for the fences with this pick, I'd take Markov. He has shown that when healthy he's a premium PP QB able to rack up points with ease.

For a safe pick, I'd go with Subban obviously because of Markov's injury history.

In a keeper pool, Subban by a mile because of obvious reasons (age, health).

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Well what is the point system in your league? Does it include +/-, PIMs, hits, PPG, etc?

Subban will get you some points and PPG but will really get you lots of PIMs and hits. Markov will probably get more points, depending on how they lineups work out once Subban returns.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Purely for fantasy hockey this year, who would you choose between them

Depends on the scoring settings. If PIM is one of your stats than u have to consider that PK is going to get WAAAAYY more PIM than markov in fact he's probabley one of the most penalized players in the nhl.

points wise i'd give markov the edge. plus/minus will probabley be pretty even

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Why+not+both+_8c8abd3a7065aa5a4e643f1a552a6557.jpg

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If healthy, Markov will get you more points. He has a knack of being at the right place at the right time, and he's more efficient. You might notice Subban more, but Markov will get you the greater production.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Subban... because of age and injury prone. But I'd take a 23yrs old healthy Markov over a 23yrs old healthy Subban.
Same here. Big big Subban fan, but Markov is a very, very good player, and doesn't stir **** in the room...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If we're including GWG then Markov has a huge lead already.

If you're talking about going forward... my money would be on PK because of the PMs. He racked up 100 last year and those aren't as easy to get as they used to be. Markov will be the primary guy on the PP though so it depends on your needs.

The other wildcard is Markov's knee...

If I had to pick I'd go with Subban going forward. He might not get as many points as Markov but he'll still get his fair share and he doesn't have the same injurty risk. And those PMs are hard to pass up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad