Salary Cap: Subban negotiations

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No reason they can't take him to Arbitration, that way he is sheltered from an offer sheet while they negotiate.

Honestly. I'd give him $76 million for 8 years. $9.5 Million per season.

No he's not sheltered. The new CBA doesn't have anything preventing other teams to submit an offer sheet to Subban in his current situation. Arbitration or not. (e.g. the trick used with Price is not available anymore)

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
I don't think he'll sign for over $8 million. I remember everybody thought Pacioretty was going to sign for $6 million a year and how nervous they were, and then he signs for $4.5 mil a year. Subban loves Montreal. I think $7.0-$7.5 mil for 7 years is ideal for both parties involved.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't think he'll sign for over $8 million. I remember everybody thought Pacioretty was going to sign for $6 million a year and how nervous they were, and then he signs for $4.5 mil a year. Subban loves Montreal. I think $7.0-$7.5 mil for 7 years is ideal for both parties involved.

Minor detail: Pacioretty eventually fired the agent who got him this contract. Not saying the contract is the direct cause, that would be speculation, but you know he most likely wasn't satisfied with something.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Minor detail: Pacioretty eventually fired the agent who got him this contract. Not saying the contract is the direct cause, that would be speculation, but you know he most likely wasn't satisfied with something.

IIRC, his agent was not happy when Patches signed the contract. So maybe it's the other way around, actually. Patches fired his agent beceause he was tired of hearing only about money money money and more money.

Huge speculation here on my part, but hey. With internet and information being readily available, people do see through agent's lies much more than before. I'd even say that sports agents will have less and less influence in the grand scheme of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad