Salary Cap: Subban negotiations

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by Monctonscout, May 16, 2014.

1. he also gets club le supersexe

2. vokiel

vokiel #FireMolsevin

Lead Java Dev
    No he's not sheltered. The new CBA doesn't have anything preventing other teams to submit an offer sheet to Subban in his current situation. Arbitration or not. (e.g. the trick used with Price is not available anymore)

3. PernellsWhiteAmi

PernellsWhiteAmi Long Live Chappelle

Uni kid
    I don't think he'll sign for over $8 million. I remember everybody thought Pacioretty was going to sign for $6 million a year and how nervous they were, and then he signs for $4.5 mil a year. Subban loves Montreal. I think $7.0-$7.5 mil for 7 years is ideal for both parties involved.

4. vokiel

vokiel #FireMolsevin

Lead Java Dev
    Minor detail: Pacioretty eventually fired the agent who got him this contract. Not saying the contract is the direct cause, that would be speculation, but you know he most likely wasn't satisfied with something.

5. Brainiac

Brainiac Registered Offender

IIRC, his agent was not happy when Patches signed the contract. So maybe it's the other way around, actually. Patches fired his agent beceause he was tired of hearing only about money money money and more money.

Huge speculation here on my part, but hey. With internet and information being readily available, people do see through agent's lies much more than before. I'd even say that sports agents will have less and less influence in the grand scheme of things.