Subban in shootouts

InsideOut*

We're 4-0 in shootouts.

Wait let me get your logic straight, here's a scenario:

Pavel Datsyuk misses first 3 months of the season due to injury and comes back to a Wings team that is 10-0 in shootouts until now.

In that case, you think Babcock won't put him out there because they've been winning without him?

I'm obviously exaggerating but you get the point, why send guys like Gallagher when you got a talent like PK on the team?

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008

Pavel Datsyuk misses first 3 months of the season due to injury and comes back to a Wings team that is 10-0 in shootouts until now.

In that case, you think Babcock won't put him out there because they've been winning without him?

I'm obviously exaggerating but you get the point, why send guys like Gallagher when you got a talent like PK on the team?

Who cares when they're getting the job done?

InsideOut*

Who cares when they're getting the job done?

Dude my question wasn't why not put him in NOW, my question was more why hasn't he EVER been thrown out there, and by EVER I mean since the start of his career here.

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal

Even in that situation I'd go with the same shooters until we lost one

InsideOut*

Even in that situation I'd go with the same shooters until we lost one

Forget what I said, it does make sense to stick to the winning formula. my original question was why has PK never ever been out there for a shootout, even prior to this season

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
Forget what I said, it does make sense to stick to the winning formula. my original question was why has PK never ever been out there for a shootout, even prior to this season

Dunno. Certainly seems like its worth a shot. Hopefully we'll start seeing less of the shootout soon and don't have to wonder lol.

InsideOut*

Dunno. Certainly seems like its worth a shot. Hopefully we'll start seeing less of the shootout soon and don't have to wonder lol.

honestly shootouts don't even occur THAT often so i dont mind it that much. if 3on3 ever happens PK would def be fun to watch there

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well agree if I was coach Galchenyuk/Parenteau/Subban in that order would be a given even though Subban is 0/3 in career in S/O.

Hypothetically;

1. Galchenyuk
2. Parenteau
3. Subban
4. Desharnais
5. Eller
6. Gallagher
7. Markov
8. Pacioretty
9. Plekanec
10. Sekac
11. Weise :)